Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn

Lloyd Dyer - I love you but is it time to reconsider

I think hes a great player at this level, any player defending against dyer must dread it!

You just believe it - he's a sodding nightmare to mark. And if everyone wore the shirt with Dyers attitude, commitment and work ethic we'd win promotion with points to spare.

Everything that Thrac said....

I'd be surprised if Lloyd don't play today and if the bulk of the chances we make for the strikers doesn't come down the left hand side.

Marshall is so wasted on the right flank, like Gally was IMO.

Its a shame we didn't get that pacy right winger too, with Marshall playing inside.

Fully agree with the OP. I've been saying the same for years and have always been stunned by the level of almost hero-worship the fellow seems to enjoy.

I'm not saying he's a bad man, or that he lacks passion, or that he lacks effort, or pace, or desire to do well for this football club. But the truth for me is that technically he is not a standard befitting a club that endeavours to reach the Premier League. His first touch, control, passing ability, shooting, tackling and crossing (the really important bits) are by and large frustratingly poor. Plus i don't think he's that good without the ball either.

As other people have said on here already, with his pace being his one true attribute, being an impact sub should be his forte. But to start him every week? We'll suffer in the long run IMO. Nevertheless, he's still a great lad :)

You just believe it - he's a sodding nightmare to mark. And if everyone wore the shirt with Dyers attitude, commitment and work ethic we'd win promotion with points to spare.

But if everybody had his ability as a FOOTBALLER, we'd be in League 1 faster than Lloyd's 50m sprint time.

whilst everyone is calling for knockaert to replace dyer, the truth is that marshall was much less effective than dyer vs charlton so why not consider playing knockaert instead of marshall and playing marshall in a more central role? With the players we have we should be playing 4-3-3 really

His work ethic is indeed good. But his problem is consistency - it's no good him tearing up a pisspoor defence once every five games but if he does very little in the other four then he can hardly justify a starting place.

It's also no good him being in the side just to draw defenders out of position...he has to contribute either goals or assists at the end of the day. He had some golden opportunities on Tuesday night to create goals when he got the ball out on the left, but his crossing was woeful (as it always has been). I would have expected a decent Sunday league footballer to get at least one good ball in, but he couldn't.

whilst everyone is calling for knockaert to replace dyer, the truth is that marshall was much less effective than dyer vs charlton so why not consider playing knockaert instead of marshall and playing marshall in a more central role? With the players we have we should be playing 4-3-3 really

I don't think (or at least I hope that people aren't) calling for Dyer to be dropped because of the Charlton match alone. It will more be because, as quick as he can run, he is incapable of controlling the direction in which the ball travels once it leaves his foot. To call for him to be dropped based on a single poor game would be silly, just as it is to do so for Marshall.

The case against Dyer stems from many seasons of mediocrity.

The Charlton game merely reflected the best and worst of Dyer, the best is that he can run very quickly, the worst is that all he can do is run very quickly.

If at this stage of his career he can still not cross or shoot with any degree of control then either he isn't very good, or serious questions must be asked about what exactly they've been doing in training for the last 4 years.

The case against Dyer stems from many seasons of mediocrity.

The Charlton game merely reflected the best and worst of Dyer, the best is that he can run very quickly, the worst is that all he can do is run very quickly.

If at this stage of his career he can still not cross or shoot with any degree of control then either he isn't very good, or serious questions must be asked about what exactly they've been doing in training for the last 4 years.

It does make you wonder Mike?

:thumbup:

Seems like we know who this seasons scapegoat is then! :)

I don't think anyone is saying the reason we lost is Lloyd Dyer, they're just saying he cannot cross or shoot.

I've never looked back on a season at this level and thought that Lloyd Dyer played any significant role in it be it positively or negatively.

Archived