Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn

Lloyd Dyer - I love you but is it time to reconsider

Love Dyer. Started well, but was a liability for 10 mins before he went off. Stopped tracking, was drawn inside, switched off a few times.

Knocky looked better imo, but had the advantage of being on the front foot at all times.

• 2 months later...

I've just pissed myself reading this thread back lol

Don't see why, yes there are some over reactions (but then every thread in this forum has those) the concerns raised about Dyers final ball/shot are perfectly valid and a couple of deflected goals and one decent finish is out wayed by the fact that he's been here donkeys and we all know his end product isn't always there

But then, if he could consistently deliver the end product he'd be playing in the Premier League with his pace, we're playing second tier football, alot of players are going to have weakness's.

For all the criticism of Dyer I've yet to see a performance from him that has cost us. Like many players he has off days, but he's never cost us points he's only ever earnt them for the club. Solid professional and I'd keep him here for a year or two more at least.

For all the criticism of Dyer I've yet to see a performance from him that has cost us. Like many players he has off days, but he's never cost us points he's only ever earnt them for the club. Solid professional and I'd keep him here for a year or two more at least.

I'd argue missing gilt edged chances time after time has cost us points. And other games where he's been non-existant.

Every player will cost the team points at some point (if they are on the pitch long enough), but it's about earning more than you cost. Dyer's earning us points at the moment and fair play to him.

It's all about how long his pace lasts. With Marshall competing for his place, he will have to perform at a high standard. My guess is that at some point this season or next, if Marshall does indeed hold the promise that he's shown on occasion, Dyer will start to be phased out much in the same way NP did with Oakley, Berner, Wellens, Howard and Neilson.

We would have won charlton away if he had finished some easy chances. Felt for him that day, he just couldn't hit the target. I love the lad and really hope he keeps the form up but its the same every year, he has one good spell then drastically drops off.

Archived