Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn

Lloyd Dyer - I love you but is it time to reconsider

I just wanted to quickly air my thoughts on Lloyd and see what other fans think. I have lived in London for the last ten years and rarely get the opportunity to see Leicester city live except when they are on TV or streamable...last season thai TV. I listen on the radio to each game when I can't stream and I just hear the same old thing.

I think a lot of Lloyd Dyer, I love his passion for LCFC, I love the fact of his words when he was thought to be on his way out last year and the commitment he shows to the club. I know that this guy wants to do well for us and he wants us to do well but sadly I think his time has come. Maybe I am wrong and maybe I will have it explained to me why, which I hope but all I ever hear is "Dyer gets past two, he is in to the box...but the finish is woeful or but the cross is poor or simply that the end product is never there and I think it is now just too often. I think he creates so many chances through his pace but as there is no end product he is just a sprinter and not a footballer. Maybe he should be taking on Usain Bolt instead of the championship. If he could do a decent pass and opted for that option after each run then we could have a potent threat but sadly this seldom works out. Maybe it is time to accept he is an impact sub and that is about it and move on.

If you do read this forum Lloyd, I do think a lot of you, I really do and I love your passion and I also think you are the fastest man in the world but you are also getting on and it may be too late to work on the issues.

What does everyone else think?

I hope I'm wrong and he is just unfortunate.

Couldn't agree more, pretty much word for word what I think.

It's not an exaggeration in the slightest to suggest Usain Bolt would be as effective as Dyer.

I'd like to think he's good enough as an impact sub but he'd be brought on because we were desperate to score and he'd still miss major chances. He's a liability in that sense.

If he could do everything listed or that people want from him, he'd be a £10m+ player or one of the big 4.

We know his assists is poor, we know he's not the most composed in front of goal and whilst sometimes slots them in, more often doesn't.

But conversely, we know he sticks to the touchline, stretching the opposition., we know he scares fullbacks and sometimes keeps wingers pegged back helping to cover him, we know he runs up and down that line tracking back, we know this helps the midfield duo out... two flair winger might take the odd chance or create more... but would the balance of the team be negatively impacted with us being over-ran easier

It's a finely tuned situation... I'm not saying play him over Marshall+Knocky & after tonight if commentary is to be believed deserves benching... But he certainly doesn't deserve abuse he got in the match thread.

NP signed two wingers, one is playing regularly (Marshall) & one is a new signing (Knocky) being eased in... The starting line-up will probably change, thank heavens we have a manager who's replaced all these weak spots so that it can change.

I dont rate the bloke one bit. So what if hes got passion, he cant kick a football. Always an issue if your a footballer.

The sooner the bloke is sold the better, misses far too many chances. Does anyone remeber that miss at forest last year in the cup. Unreal.

I dont rate the bloke one bit. So what if hes got passion, he cant kick a football. Always an issue if your a footballer.

The sooner the bloke is sold the better, misses far too many chances. Does anyone remeber that miss at forest last year in the cup. Unreal.

don't think we should sell as i belive he can be a good squad player

Dyer is just the kind of player who should have been replaced with a better model if there was any serious intention of going for promotion.

The player is 100% commitment, he can run - but he does not have the quality in cross or shot which is so essential.

If he could do everything listed or that people want from him, he'd be a £10m+ player or one of the big 4.

We know his assists is poor, we know he's not the most composed in front of goal and whilst sometimes slots them in, more often doesn't.

But conversely, we know he sticks to the touchline, stretching the opposition., we know he scares fullbacks and sometimes keeps wingers pegged back helping to cover him, we know he runs up and down that line tracking back, we know this helps the midfield duo out... two flair winger might take the odd chance or create more... but would the balance of the team be negatively impacted with us being over-ran easier

It's a finely tuned situation... I'm not saying play him over Marshall+Knocky & after tonight if commentary is to be believed deserves benching... But he certainly doesn't deserve abuse he got in the match thread.

NP signed two wingers, one is playing regularly (Marshall) & one is a new signing (Knocky) being eased in... The starting line-up will probably change, thank heavens we have a manager who's replaced all these weak spots so that it can change.

This, I'm afraid, is still just the pace argument. He only stretches the opposition at times, alot of the time he gets it and pussies out of taking someone on, or his touch is so bad it takes him backwards. None of those things you mention have anything to do with the football. He can't do anything decent with the football 95% of the time. I don't get the balance arguement, wingers are used to create goals from wide positions, primarily. Their secondary function is to chip in with some goals. It's not that important if they aren't great defensively if we've got the back four organised - and if any midfielders should be protecting them it's one of the central ones.

Whether he 'deserves' 'abuse' is irrelevant, he's a footballer and he's going to get stick if he's not playing well enough. It's not his fault we have stuck with him for so long, but the fact remains we should have kept him well away from the starting 11 for the last 3 years.

Great post. Especially the third paragraph

Thing is, we could bring Knockaert in on Saturday, and the same people on here who are championing his start would be the same people on Friday at 5pm calling Radio Leicester and being the ones who are lambasting him if he doesn't meet the exceptionally and unrealistic standards we set of our own players.

I'd get rid of the passengers in our team before I ever considered getting rid of a bloke who featured in a significant proportion of our most dangerous moves and whose speed and energy left Charlton's defence ragged and bewildered.

I've raely seen even Dyer run for so long and so fast as tonight. The bloke's such an easy whipping boy and yet his presence in the team helped us produce a performance tonight that made us look more dangerous in attack than we've been for years.

Knockaert was another - what an efforvescent footballer - and I'd sooner go with the imperfections of those two than the indifference of Marshall, James and Beckford because all three put together weren't worth a decent mark tonight..

Archived