Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn

Lloyd Dyer - I love you but is it time to reconsider

I'd get rid of the passengers in our team before I ever considered getting rid of a bloke who featured in a significant proportion of our most dangerous moves and whose speed and energy left Charlton's defence ragged and bewildered.

I've raely seen even Dyer run for so long and so fast as tonight. The bloke's such an easy whipping boy and yet his presence in the team helped us produce a performance tonight that made us look more dangerous in attack than we've been for years.

Knockaert was another - what an efforvescent footballer - and I'd sooner go with the imperfections of those two than the indifference of Marshall, James and Beckford because all three put together weren't worth a decent mark tonight..

This..

Good post IMO.

Its not just his pace he has good movement too. But like you said unfortunately there is rarely an end product. Yesterday would be harsh to judge him on as I think that was the worst performance I've ever seen from him. After his second one on one miss I just wanted to give him a hug, it just wasn't his day. Don't write him off yet because nigel won't and he will have plenty of opourtunities to make up for yesterday

It's not an exaggeration in the slightest to suggest Usain Bolt would be as effective as Dyer.

Well it is, isn't it?

On his day - Dyer is unplayable, unfortunately it's considerable consistency issues / a shortage of 'technical ability' that should render him an impact sub, nothing more. Marshall, Knockaert (and to an extent Gallagher) are all gifted in terms of touch and technique, but do any of them have the ability to frighten and stretch defenders with pace? Lloyd offers an alternative threat on the flanks that it would appear no one else in our side can muster. In my opinion, he offers enough to warrant being a Leicester City player, and it's unlikely he's on huge wedge either. Keep him around.

The longer Dyer has time to think about what to do, the more woeful the final product is.

He had an eternity fot the one on one yesterday and just passed it to the keeper not having a clue what to do.

His best play is running at people, creating space for others.

The reason he cant finish and his crossing isnt always good is why he isnt a top player.

He wont ever do any better than us and we have to accept him for what he is. Deserves a place in the squad at minimum.

Gets a lot more criticism than he deserves, he should have scored yesterday but a lot of the goals he has scored have been unexpected and impressive. His pace is a fantastic asset to have from the start or off the bench and he can look good even against top teams like at Man City. Lets not also forget he was our longest serving player in the starting line up yesterday and Saturday and there is a reason why he hasn't been pushed out like others.

Well it is, isn't it?

On his day - Dyer is unplayable, unfortunately it's considerable consistency issues / a shortage of 'technical ability' that should render him an impact sub, nothing more. Marshall, Knockaert (and to an extent Gallagher) are all gifted in terms of touch and technique, but do any of them have the ability to frighten and stretch defenders with pace? Lloyd offers an alternative threat on the flanks that it would appear no one else in our side can muster. In my opinion, he offers enough to warrant being a Leicester City player, and it's unlikely he's on huge wedge either. Keep him around.

So again, you're saying he has pace. Like Usain. But his technical ability is so poor that I can only assume he is footballer purely because of his pace.

I'm not saying he never makes any impact, but it's very rare and even when he does he ends up fvcking it up most of the time anyway. I wouldn't get rid because we've only got 2 other wingers at the club, but his playing time should be very limited.

So again, you're saying he has pace. Like Usain. But his technical ability is so poor that I can only assume he is footballer purely because of his pace.

I'm not saying he never makes any impact, but it's very rare and even when he does he ends up fvcking it up most of the time anyway. I wouldn't get rid because we've only got 2 other wingers at the club, but his playing time should be very limited.

After last night, time to remove that sig I think :whistle:

I like Dyer also, but it is time for us to move on. I don't mean sell Lloyd, I mean use another option/formation.

To me, he is inconsistent and sometimes does lack that end product, as seen yesterday. However, I do believe he can be a decent squad player, perhaps coming off of the bench late on in games, because his pace can be an indispensible attribute for us.

I hate criticising Dyer, it is like kicking a puppy, he is clearly passionate and motivated to be wearing the Leicester shirt, which very few of our players over the last few years have been, he clearly has ability and pace, but he has recently lost his composure in front of goal, in his first 2 seasons for us he wasn't like that, so I am confident he will get it back, but I would expect Knockaert to get the nod over Dyer quite soon.

don't know how in dyers second season he managed a return of 3 goals in 40 apperances

I hate criticising Dyer, it is like kicking a puppy, he is clearly passionate and motivated to be wearing the Leicester shirt, which very few of our players over the last few years have been, he clearly has ability and pace, but he has recently lost his composure in front of goal, in his first 2 seasons for us he wasn't like that, so I am confident he will get it back, but I would expect Knockaert to get the nod over Dyer quite soon.

11 in league 1

40 apperances 3 goals in his second season, scored more in his last 2 seasons than our play off season so losing composure?

i just think he aint good enough if we are to be promotion contenders.

don't know how in dyers second season he managed a return of 3 goals in 40 apperances

11 in league 1

40 apperances 3 goals in his second season, scored more in his last 2 seasons than our play off season so losing composure?

i just think he aint good enough if we are to be promotion contenders.

End product is not just about goals, in his second season I don't remember him squandering so many chances or delivering woeful crosses, he was very effective in that season and one of our major attacking threats, at least that is how I remember it, it may just be that he was the only option, but I remember we had Adams, N'guessen and Gradel and he outperformed all of them as a winger.

Teach the boy to pass after he's done the hard bit and you have a star

I think after 4 years at the club, they may have tried to get this part of his game right. On the flip side if Lloyd had and end product and regularly scored, he'd be a Premiership player

Dyer has never been particularly composed when shooting and I've no idea why the coaches haven't sorted it cos it wouldn't be hard.

Nor can I see that Knockaert is necessarily competing for Dyer's place anyway. Of our three potential wingers Marshall has been the big disappointment to me.

The bloke doesn't have the pace or trickery to take get past people, he's not especially competitive when we've lost the ball and against the fast challenging Charlton on Tuesday he was hardly to be seen.

Dyer on the other hand was involved in so many of our best attacks and there's no one else in our side would have been fast enough to make the big chance he missed. Furthermore he's a game and resolute defender. Not pretty or a natural I'd agree but he gets the job done and no-one gets away from him more than momentarily.

He regularly unsettled Charlton's defence because everywhere he went he had to be tightly marked and that meant more space for others. But Marshall had virtually no impact at all and I don't think he will when the game is fast and physical..

Dyer has never been particularly composed when shooting and I've no idea why the coaches haven't sorted it cos it wouldn't be hard.

Nor can I see that Knockaert is necessarily competing for Dyer's place anyway. Of our three potential wingers Marshall has been the big disappointment to me.

The bloke doesn't have the pace or trickery to take get past people, he's not especially competitive when we've lost the ball and against the fast challenging Charlton on Tuesday he was hardly to be seen.

Dyer on the other hand was involved in so many of our best attacks and there's no one else in our side would have been fast enough to make the big chance he missed. Furthermore he's a game and resolute defender. Not pretty or a natural I'd agree but he gets the job done and no-one gets away from him more than momentarily.

He regularly unsettled Charlton's defence because everywhere he went he had to be tightly marked and that meant more space for others. But Marshall had virtually no impact at all and I don't think he will when the game is fast and physical..

Blimey Thrac!.... Careful!

Marshall is a fans fave whereas many think Lloyd is dire.

Lloyd, is a top winger on his day u can't play up against him. His pace is to be admired, try's 100% every game, tracks back and wears the shirt instead of taking the piss out of the wage bill

Yes his shooting is shit and his crossing int the best but what we have here is a winger that on his day can tear up the championship

Lloyd, is a top winger on his day u can't play up against him. His pace is to be admired, try's 100% every game, tracks back and wears the shirt instead of taking the piss out of the wage bill

Yes his shooting is shit and his crossing int the best but what we have here is a winger that on his day can tear up the championship

Couldn't agree more and Charlton were seriously holding on Tuesday because of the effort they'd given trying to keep tabs on Dyer, Vardy and latterly Nugent.

Why use Dyer for just 20 minutes when the bloke was decimating Charlton's defence as much in the last 10 minutes as he did in the first. I couldn't believe his energy. I've long seen him as a 60-minute man but he had more running and determination in him at the end than some of players showed at any time.

Archived