Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Blackburn Post Match Thread 2-1

Of course i wont know it 100% but we did everything right in that game but take our chances.

Out of the 4 goals we've shipped this season, 2 have been outside the box and one was a Prem class finish so our overall defending isnt that bad. On top of that, some poor decisons from officials

Chris... We didn't do everything right mate. You don't know it 100%

We conceded two more goals and lost 3 more points.

Now.... I agree we played well and didn't take our chances. But if you do everything right you win a game dontcha?

C'mon surely you can see this?

I hope Pearson sorts us out as a defensive unit... Going forward it looks about there, with a little more composure from our strikers.

Defensively it's looking shaky still.

Nige will sort that out I'm sure.

Thing is at the end of the season if we have ultimatly failed in our quest for success (Which we might not have failed, we'll judge when we see where we end up) I won't be looking back at countless games that we have lost (Or even drawn) but played well and think - 'Ah well we dropped points but atleast we played well'.

You are absolutely spot on, but the points on the board only matter come the end of the season. We are three games in, attempting by the looks of it a rather different exciting style.

Nobody is going to be sat here in 15 games saying we're playing well etc etc let alone the end of the season. But being only three games in I'm not going to press the panic button when I think what's being tried but be beneficial in the long run.

Chris... We didn't do everything right mate. You don't know it 100%

We conceded two more goals and lost 3 more points.

Now.... I agree we played well and didn't take our chances. But if you do everything right you win a game dontcha?

C'mon surely you can see this?

I hope Pearson sorts us out as a defensive unit... Going forward it looks about there, with a little more composure from our strikers.

Defensively it's looking shaky still.

Nige will sort that out I'm sure.

Yes of course, i agree to a point but as i said, we've conceded 4 goals in 2 matches, 2 of which were long range and one which was utter class.

If Vardy's header counts and we go 2-1 up, we'd prob never have this conversation so the luck is not with us. The players gave their all, the manager is giving 110%, all's we need now is more luck and to start sticking the ball in the net

Don't be putting me in no group bruvva - who has been negative? I think Nige has performed above expectations this summer (mind, they were pretty low expectations) and brought in some promising players - trouble is, he is suffering the same fate as Sven in that when you throw 7 or 8 new lads together, it can take a while for things to work out. It's the trigger happy board you need to keep positive and happy, not the fans who expected little and at least got something approaching a couple of reasonable performances - points, who needs em eh?

I would say it's working better than it did for Sven as the performances have been of a much better quality, albeit the same points return. For me we look closer to being a good team than we did under Sven after three games.

I think if the board can see consistent positive performances this seasaon they won't react the way they did so much to Sven who had one or two interlaced with many of utter dross.

Yes of course, i agree to a point but as i said, we've conceded 4 goals in 2 matches, 2 of which were long range and one which was utter class.

If Vardy's header counts and we go 2-1 up, we'd prob never have this conversation so the luck is not with us. The players gave their all, the manager is giving 110%, all's we need now is more luck and to start sticking the ball in the net

It's all ifs and buts Chris to be fair.

Like last season (I said it many times), I'm not knocking Pearson or the players for their effort. Unless a player is obviously not trying, I'll never knock them for not giving 100%.

I think our group of lads yearn for success, as do our fans.

My concern is not that at all. I'm worried we may just be lacking quality.

We can be all huff and puff, make the play and create chances, but when we then a. Don't take them and b. don't defend we'll enough such that quality players will punish us, it's not enough.

I'm sure we will continue to push onto teams. Drinky has a great engine, Vardy is lightning quick. However, If we fail this season it may well be due to lack of quality where it absolutely matters. That's why, if we can afford it ( I don't know if we can?) I'd love us to push the boat out and sign Spearing. He's available for 3 mill apparently. I think his quality ( from what I've seen of him) may just be the touch paper that lights the fire.

Pearson won't though.. Money or not. I don't believe.

I think most importantly, I actually enjoyed watching us play football last week. Yes I want promotion, but in my honest opinion, I would rather it took us a few more seasons to get promoted playing attractive football then getting promoted this season playing like stoke.

Like last season (I said it many times), I'm not knocking Pearson or the players for their effort. Unless a player is obviously not trying, I'll never knock them for not giving 100%.

We can be all huff and puff, make the play and create chances, but when we then a. Don't take them and b. don't defend we'll enough such that quality players will punish us, it's not enough.

I'm sure we will continue to push onto teams. Drinky has a great engine, Vardy is lightning quick. However, If we fail this season it may well be due to lack of quality where it absolutely matters. That's why, if we can afford it ( I don't know if we can?) I'd love us to push the boat out and sign Spearing. He's available for 3 mill apparently. I think his quality ( from what I've seen of him) may just be the touch paper that lights the fire.

Fair enough.

Where do you think we lack quality exactly?

Fair enough.

Where do you think we lack quality exactly?

It's not really about where, more about who's available? ( As I said I have no idea whether we have money to spend).

But many players have now gone to other clubs so it's all a bit academic.

Spearing would be a better bet than James IMO.

Owen is a better finisher than Nugent IMO.

A team comprising a midfield of Spearing, King and Drinkwater, with Owen or Vardy up top, away from home ( not at home) would be lovely.

Owen might want to go to another Prem club, but as far as I know, hasn't yet. So if we have money, this isn't beyond the realms of possibility for a club harbouring Premiership ambitions. Nor is Spearing is it?

Sorry col I disagree about spearing, I watch quite a few Liverpool games as I live with Liverpool fans and he has been poor for them, he is often a disaster waiting happen every game I saw last season he made at least one horrendous school boy error that often lead to chances and goals. He may improve if he drops down a level, but he was given lots of chances by Kenny as he is a local lad but he wasn't good enough. He also contributes very little going forward. He really hasn't fulfilled his early promise that he showed for us and Liverpool.

So you don't think you are trying to force people into two groups that aren't actually there?

If you want to pigeon hole people as oblivious happy clappers then I'll just pigeon hole you as a misery.

Too rich for me, call........ ;)

Sorry col I disagree about spearing, I watch quite a few Liverpool games as I live with Liverpool fans and he has been poor for them, he is often a disaster waiting happen every game I saw last season he made at least one horrendous school boy error that often lead to chances and goals. He may improve if he drops down a level, but he was given lots of chances by Kenny as he is a local lad but he wasn't good enough. He also contributes very little going forward. He really hasn't fulfilled his early promise that he showed for us and Liverpool.

I take your points on board but I'm sorry mate, Spearing playing in what was a struggling Liverpool team last year and a developing one this season is not the same as playing for Leicester City in the Championship.

I saw him enough the last time he was here to know he's the tough, ball winning midfielder that I'd like to have at this club.

Exactly the type of player, I believe, that would find his natural game and thrive in the Championship. I'd much rather have Spearing playing for us away at Barnsley on a wet winters night than I would most of the other midfielders.

It's all opinions isn't it..

It's of no surprise to me that there appears to be a list of suitors waiting to pounce.

:thumbup:

I think most importantly, I actually enjoyed watching us play football last week. Yes I want promotion, but in my honest opinion, I would rather it took us a few more seasons to get promoted playing attractive football then getting promoted this season playing like stoke.

If only you were a Thai millionaire that had bought a 'cheap' football club off a bloke called Milan eh?

If only you were a Thai millionaire that had bought a 'cheap' football club off a bloke called Milan eh?

So when we play Hoofball under Nigel the style of play is all important, and when we play good football under Pearson only results matter. How convenient.

I take your points on board but I'm sorry mate, Spearing playing in what was a struggling Liverpool team last year and a developing one this season is not the same as playing for Leicester City in the Championship.

I saw him enough the last time he was here to know he's the tough, ball winning midfielder that I'd like to have at this club.

Exactly the type of player, I believe, that would find his natural game and thrive in the Championship. I'd much rather have Spearing playing for us away at Barnsley on a wet winters night than I would most of the other midfielders.

It's all opinions isn't it..

It's of no surprise to me that there appears to be a list of suitors waiting to pounce.

2008 Spearing I would bite your hand off, but from his performances last season I would say he has gone backwards, and I would not see £3million as a good investment, I know what you mean about Barnsley away in December, but that all depends on whether we can impose our style on the opposition, I'm pretty sure Swansea didn't bring out the tough tackling midfielders and changed their philosophy for those types of games, they probably lost some of them to the Barnsleys and the Millwalls of the world but it stood them in good stead.

Now if you are talking about a tactical switch to neuter a threat, like Kaamark on Junihnio, then that is a different thing, but I don't agree with the attitude of they are shit cloggers so we should bring out the hard men, that is lowering yourself to their level rather than playing above it.

2008 Spearing I would bite your hand off, but from his performances last season I would say he has gone backwards, and I would not see £3million as a good investment, I know what you mean about Barnsley away in December, but that all depends on whether we can impose our style on the opposition, I'm pretty sure Swansea didn't bring out the tough tackling midfielders and changed their philosophy for those types of games, they probably lost some of them to the Barnsleys and the Millwalls of the world but it stood them in good stead.

Now if you are talking about a tactical switch to neuter a threat, like Kaamark on Junihnio, then that is a different thing, but I don't agree with the attitude of they are shit cloggers so we should bring out the hard men, that is lowering yourself to their level rather than playing above it.

Fair enough pal.

I hope you're right.. You often are from what I see.

Over and out...

Archived