Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Blackburn Post Match Thread 2-1

For those that think sitting down doesnt effect the atmos, well your wrong. Watched a good third of our support sit on their hands for 90 mins. If you want to sit, sit in your armchair at home and listen to the radio....had to get that off my chest.

From the way you're bitching it sounds like your chest is a good 34DD.

What's the point of shots at goal if your strikers don't score? Corners schmorners, not since Walsh played for us have they mattered a jot

So teams that have most possession dominate the game then?

RD is there any such thing as 'luck' in football?

Hmmmm. Well whilst it wasn't luck that missed our chances or made the oppo finish theirs. I think there is an argument there that we have been unlucky in the sense that those chances we had (Nugent & Vardy headers specifically) would more often than not be scored. And that the oppos goals were the sort that more often than not drift wide or get saved.

Perhaps luck isn't the right word, but for us in both games to miss chances strikers normally wouldn't, and to have been very harshly punished by the goals against from what were really minor blimps and not particularly obviously goalscoring opportunities is harsh. Perhaps I will go with statistically unfortunate. ;)

People having a wobbly at people saying we were unlucky in this game just seems a bit lame really. We were unlucky because we had a good goal chalked off and a decent case for their first to be ruled out for offside. Whether the decisions even themselves up over a season or not doesn't matter. We aren't talking about a game in three weeks time when we might get a dodgy penno, we are talking about the last game. And in that game we were unlucky with the decisions. And statistically unfortunate lol with the missed chances and goals conceded

I've only just bothered to post in here, I've not read anything else so expect me back in a bit when I've read the inevitable bullshit.

Ever since supporting Leicester, I've seen a shit load of contrasts, I've seen us win a lot, lose a lot, play nice stuff, play shit stuff, spend a little, spend a lot, I've seen some incredible wins and had some amazing days away from home.

Yet something's missing and has been ever since I started going, and that is simply getting any regular luck.

We must be the unluckiest side in the league at the minute.

I mean how the absolute hell we lost that was completely beyond me, I thought I'd seen it all at Charlton but that was nothing, based on the part of the game I saw, we were in control.

My luck's pretty much summed up by the fact I got in the ground a minute before they scored. I've heard before that we looked largely in control and watching the highlights, a great block and arguably one of the best saves I've ever seen has kept us at nil.

But we got that equaliser and the goal that gave us the lead, but then I remembered we're Leicester so we're not allowed that for some reason. I mean, we scored didn't we? Did anyone else see anything wrong? I certainly didn't. You know what, this "decisions evening themselves out" is football's largest myth. I really do look out as much as I can to see where these constant disgraceful decisions going against us are matched out and it just doesn't happen, ever. There simply cannot be a side who gets so much bad luck from officials, not in this league. It's beyond incredible, words just don't do it.

After that it was the inevitable, knew they'd score. Another goal absolutely brimming with luck, although he did take it fantastically.

A year ago we had won our opening game before two defeats. To compare the Posh display to the Cov one - I think they were similar but the longer the Posh game went on, the better we looked, where-as you could say the opposite at Cov last year. Reading came here and pretty much thumped us, we looked bereft of ideas and confidence, this year at Charlton we've basically blown absolute sitters. Finally, a year ago we lost 1-2 to one of the worst sides in the division, we were lucky it wasn't more, we were absolutely pathetic. Yesterday we absolutely dominated most of the game away to a side with players like Pedersen, Danny Murphy, Etuhu, Nuno Gomes, maybe they're not amazing but they aren't the kind of players you expect to control a game against. We were thoroughly unlucky and whilst the result is exactly the same as a year ago, it's so different.

I've got so much more confidence in this side that I had a year ago.

It'll go one of two ways though. If we stop playing like this, we'll most likely lose pretty comfortably knowing Leicester, we so rarely scrape wins nowadays. However if we do keep playing like this, the results will come, it's absolutely certain. You don't play like this and continue losing, I think what's happened isn't something that happens now and then, I think to play as well as that in the last two games and leave pointless is nothing short of unbelievable, it's absolutely incredible. The goals and points will flow.

The defence needs work, I thought the full-backs were shocking on both goals, I'd say our finishing does but Vardy scored twice as far as ability is concerned, Nugent was denied by one of the best saves I've ever seen. Another day and that's literally 0-5.

Until we start getting the rub of the green, we will never ever be promoted to the top flight.

But, I seriously do think our time is due, and there's absolutely no reason we can't win against Blackpool. Lets keep up the fearless attitude, we're more than capable of beating them.

Extremely fvcked off, but extremely encouraged by what I've seen, I just hope Pearson realises how unlucky we've been and keeps this up because it will work for us. No doubt about it.

RD is there any such thing as 'luck' in football?

Oh trust me, there is. When you support Leicester I can fully understand why you'd think there isn't, but trust me most clubs seem to get a lot.

We just get none, ever.

Archived