Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Blackburn Post Match Thread 2-1

3 years left thanks sven

lol

I've defended Gallagher but absolute cvnts like you are a good reason he ends up with people on his back.

It's safe to say all the people linked to Gallagher on Twitter are the absolute definition of utter twat.

That's a point, our end yesterday.

Absolutely appalling. I got in late and in the top corner where I was, it was decent. But on the whole our support yesterday was utterly shocking noise-wise and is yet another argument that standing leads to better atmosphere (compared to Charlton where all stood).

Nor I you, :P

Your view is not wrong it just wasn't a problem all game long, but due to the complete lack of any attacking threat posed by Charlton and Blackburn we got complacent and caught out, if BWP or gomes had missed instead of rifling it into the bottom corner it probably would have been a wake up call and reminded the midfield of their defensive responsibilities.

In the last 2 games I've seen so much good football that I am genuinely optimistic we are creating a good team and we don't need wholesale changes just a bit more discipline and experience and we will compete with the best of this of league.

And there lies the rub mon Capitaine...... :thumbup:

You see those glaring defensive errors as unlucky, one off errors that are unlikely to be repeated, I see them as exposing a fundamental weakness in our current setup....... :dunno:

Guess I always was a 'glass half empty' sort of bloke....... :cry:

And there lies the rub mon Capitaine...... :thumbup:

You see those glaring defensive errors as unlucky, one off errors that are unlikely to be repeated, I see them as exposing a fundamental weakness in our current setup....... :dunno:

Guess I always was a 'glass half empty' sort of bloke....... :cry:

I didn't say they were unlucky just naive, and I hope that we are able to learn from them and cut them out the 3 midfielders we have mainly used so far are all under 25 and haven't played together for Leicester very often, do I think they will make mistakes? Of course, but I do expect them to learn from them, learn to cover each other and hold back if others are committed forwards, it is not cause for great concern just needs a bit of tweaking. What is unlucky is that we were punished for it twice against Blackburn, when it mulw happened 3 times the last one right at the death.

I didn't say they were unlucky just naive, and I hope that we are able to learn from them and cut them out the 3 midfielders we have mainly used so far are all under 25 and haven't played together for Leicester very often, do I think they will make mistakes? Of course, but I do expect them to learn from them, learn to cover each other and hold back if others are committed forwards, it is not cause for great concern just needs a bit of tweaking. What is unlucky is that we were punished for it twice against Blackburn, when it mulw happened 3 times the last one right at the death.

Captain, read what you've written...

They better 'learn' quick sharp..we've got the league leaders on Saturday, then Wolves away the following Saturday.

Your post epitomises well what Pearson is trying to do... build a team almost from scratch. It better work sooner rather than later or we will be miles off the pace already. It could come good, but its a risky strategy.

The general concensus is that our play has been much improved and though results have gone against us we have dominated the opposition and been the better side. They also assert that it is only a matter of time before we 'click' and start winning on a regular basis........ :thumbup:

The other school of thought is that although NFP has adopted this 'new style', he has failed to set us up correctly and needs to change our setup, formation, whatever to make our new attacking style more effective.

I'm sorry but this is codswallop, you are pigeon holing people as though there are all happy clappers . Almost everyone I have seen praise our new attacking style and performaces has also mentioned that we need to shore things up at the back. We are well aware that there is a problem there, it just isn't there all the time. Against Blackburn it we were fine for 99% of it, there is a problem and it needs a tweak to sort it out. But we have been unfortunate having goals ruled out, missing the easiest of chances possible and being on the receiving end of goals that more often that not wouldn't have found their way into the net.

The three other suggestions are:

1. We are fine... The goals scored against us were wonder goals which won't happen again.

2. SSL/Whitbread will sort our dodgy back four ( I think they will improve matters actually).

3. Thracian... The defence need to move up a bit to reduce the gap between the two banks of four. Good shout IMO.

Really so who has posted no. 1?

How about it's a bit of everything. Better players coming back will help, the defence needs to move up the pitch a little bit and one of the CM's needs to stay a few paces further back and not commit too much.

Captain, read what you've written...

They better 'learn' quick sharp..we've got the league leaders on Saturday, then Wolves away the following Saturday.

Your post epitomises well what Pearson is trying to do... build a team almost from scratch. It better work sooner rather than later or we will be miles off the pace already. It could come good, but its a risky strategy.

I don't need to read it, I wrote it, I know what I put, and I am pretty sure they will grow into their roles and improve their defensive and cover play much quicker by not making unnecessary personnel or formation changes and starting over.

Seems to me that some of our fans are trying to make a crisis out of a hiccup.

What our newly-adventurous team needs right now is support and encouragement. The manager deserves the same. He's trying to complete one of the most significant transitions at our club for well over a decade - a transition that may succeed quickly or may even take another season.

I really don't care because the policies of the past have failed and attacking games and scoring goals is the only way I can see us going up at any time so well done Nigel for recognising that.

Even Manchester City with all their resources have still taken time to get it right while Fergie took ages - and almost got sacked - at Manchester United building u the same sort of philosophy.

There's no magic wand and we've no devine right to go up. But I can see nothing to be gained by panicking and getting sceptical. Just for once it would be nice to hear the boss getting some backing for having the guts to go positive and the team getting the same for putting all they've got into making it work.

Quite apart from the ill-luck we've suffered and the disallowed goal that so blatantly robbed us, we've finally got a team that's worth watching and that, first and foremost is what I pay my money for.

I listen to enough negativity on the market without watching my team give their own definition. We've had the lions share of all three of our games so far and been more exciting to watch than at any time since MON's days.

So cut the lads some slack and let's try to act as our 12th man instead of knocking something that's still a work in progress but a worthwhile work for once in our recent tortuous history.

I'm sorry but this is codswallop, you are pigeon holing people as though there are all happy clappers . Almost everyone I have seen praise our new attacking style and performaces has also mentioned that we need to shore things up at the back. We are well aware that there is a problem there, it just isn't there all the time. Against Blackburn it we were fine for 99% of it, there is a problem and it needs a tweak to sort it out. But we have been unfortunate having goals ruled out, missing the easiest of chances possible and being on the receiving end of goals that more often that not wouldn't have found their way into the net.

See your codswallop and raise you a load of bullshit....... :thumbup:

What our newly-adventurous team needs right now is support and encouragement. The manager deserves the same. He's trying to complete one of the most significant transitions at our club for well over a decade - a transition that may succeed quickly or may even take another season.

I really don't care because the policies of the past have failed and attacking games and scoring goals is the only way I can see us going up at any time so well done Nigel for recognising that.

Even Manchester City with all their resources have still taken time to get it right while Fergie took ages - and almost got sacked - at Manchester United building u the same sort of philosophy.

There's no magic wand and we've no devine right to go up. But I can see nothing to be gained by panicking and getting sceptical. Just for once it would be nice to hear the boss getting some backing for having the guts to go positive and the team getting the same for putting all they've got into making it work.

Quite apart from the ill-luck we've suffered and the disallowed goal that so blatantly robbed us, we've finally got a team that's worth watching and that, first and foremost is what I pay my money for.

I listen to enough negativity on the market without watching my team give their own definition. We've had the lions share of all three of our games so far and been more exciting to watch than at any time since MON's days.

So cut the lads some slack and let's try to act as our 12th man instead of knocking something that's still a work in progress but a worthwhile work for once in our recent tortuous history.

Great Post and agreed.

Lets not also forget on Saturday that Danny Murphy should of been sent off. A key decision which alot people have missed

So you don't think you are trying to force people into two groups that aren't actually there?

If you want to pigeon hole people as oblivious happy clappers then I'll just pigeon hole you as a misery.

What? The most significant transition... Since the last one?

:thumbup:

I personally can see some good things coming out of this team. Some not so good things too.

You're better IMO at providing some constructive opinion as to what is good and where we might need improving. What you've just written is like a monotonous rally cry.

I think most people will agree with you. I do also. But your post could have been written by someone with far less footballing acumen than I think you have. I don't often find your posts boring but I did this one.

I think we were just unlucky in the last two games, we could end up losing to blackpool too considering they are the form team at the moment.

And how many times can we come up with that excuse throughout the season?

Mind you, it's probably a better excuse than blaming the officials every time we fail to win.

And how many times can we come up with that excuse throughout the season?

Mind you, it's probably a better excuse than blaming the officials every time we fail to win.

Yes if your being critical, you could say we missed too many chances and shouldnt be conceding 2 goals but come on....

Im not making excuses but we were robbed on Saturday. We could of had any manager in charge and wouldnt of played any better than we did

Yes if your being critical, you could say we missed too many chances and shouldnt be conceding 2 goals but come on....

Im not making excuses but we were robbed on Saturday. We could of had any manager in charge and wouldnt of played any better than we did

Who says?

How on earth would you know that?

I'm not blaming the manager, far from it, i'm a fan of Pearson.

Pearson can't put the ball in the back of the net, Pearson can tell the defence to tighten up, but he can't phsycally do anything when the players are on the pitch to tighten or do anything with the defence.

Simple fact is we made enough chance we didn't convert them, Blackburn made 4 chances - scored 50% of them.

You're better IMO at providing some constructive opinion as to what is good and where we might need improving.

He has done though hasn't he, most people have done already. But certain people keep banging the same drum non stop and seem to put a heck of a lot of focus on the negatives compared to the positives. And that's where his point of "making a crisis out of a hiccup" comes in.

Who says?

I'm guessing he's using the same logic you use to know the DM would have stopped all the goals so far. :whistle:;)

Did people blame them against Charlton?

He has done though hasn't he, most people have done already. But certain people keep banging the same drum non stop and seem to put a heck of a lot of focus on the negatives compared to the positives. And that's where his point of "making a crisis out of a hiccup" comes in.

Thing is at the end of the season if we have ultimatly failed in our quest for success (Which we might not have failed, we'll judge when we see where we end up) I won't be looking back at countless games that we have lost (Or even drawn) but played well and think - 'Ah well we dropped points but atleast we played well'.

We could put you in a group with seenitall, DANGEROUS TIGER, and that would be unfair.

The majority on here aren't happy clappers, we aren't happy with our results. So what do you want? Us to be despondent and give up? Or look at the overall picture (as Thrac has done) and see we are trying to do something different which may take time, and will have setbacks, in the hope it brings better outcomes further along the line?

Pearson has been criticised in the past for being negative and predictable. Now he's trying to do something about that, to change perceptions, which should be commended more than criticised.

I'm guessing he's using the same logic you use to know the DM would have stopped all the goals so far. :whistle:;)

You won't drop this DM thing will you?

Read the posts I've subsequently made..

Relating to 'ok, maybe not a DM but greater emphasis on the defence' etc etc...

I reckon you're the one 'banging the same drum mi ode'..

:thumbup:

We could put you in a group with seenitall, DANGEROUS TIGER, and that would be unfair.

The majority on here aren't happy clappers, we aren't happy with our results. So what do you want? Us to be despondent and give up? Or look at the overall picture (as Thrac has done) and see we are trying to do something different which may take time, and will have setbacks, in the hope it brings better outcomes further along the line?

Pearson has been criticised in the past for being negative and predictable. Now he's trying to do something about that, to change perceptions, which should be commended more than criticised.

Don't be putting me in no group bruvva - who has been negative? I think Nige has performed above expectations this summer (mind, they were pretty low expectations) and brought in some promising players - trouble is, he is suffering the same fate as Sven in that when you throw 7 or 8 new lads together, it can take a while for things to work out. It's the trigger happy board you need to keep positive and happy, not the fans who expected little and at least got something approaching a couple of reasonable performances - points, who needs em eh?

Who says?

Of course i wont know it 100% but we did everything right in that game but take our chances.

Out of the 4 goals we've shipped this season, 2 have been outside the box and one was a Prem class finish so our overall defending isnt that bad. On top of that, some poor decisons from officials

It is commendable NP is changing the philosophy because it will stand us in good stead in the future but it is a results business and ideally we need promotion this season would fans be happy to wait an extra season to get promotion? cannot see the Thais being that patient imo.

Don't be putting me in no group bruvva - who has been negative? I think Nige has performed above expectations this summer (mind, they were pretty low expectations) and brought in some promising players - trouble is, he is suffering the same fate as Sven in that when you throw 7 or 8 new lads together, it can take a while for things to work out. It's the trigger happy board you need to keep positive and happy, not the fans who expected little and at least got something approaching a couple of reasonable performances - points, who needs em eh?

And Pearson knows all of this- he knows we need to improve and be competing near the top.

If you don't get results you have to look for some sort of sign that things might get better- I've seen some. It may not work out, but I hope the Thais have patience, unlike with Sven (who was ok up until Birmingham last October).

Archived