Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Blackburn Post Match Thread 2-1

Good performance from the lads. We need to take the chances and we need to stop getting caught with the sucker punch. We we dominated and created a shed load of chances, with some great football being played as well.

I don't care what the moaners say, performances do matter. Because if we'd played poorly the last three games I'd be more concerned about where we were heading than I am now.

As it is we have been the better team in all three games and played some great stuff. Better than most of the guff we have been served up over recent years anyway. Some confidence in the strikers and a bit more concentration from the defenders and we are very close to having a good team here.

Anybody that wants to moan about that performance either hasn't seen the stream / game or is a complete idiot. Yes it's frustrating but that was honestly amongst the best I've ever seen us play. There is enough there to show that we can be a real force this season and I'm confident that we will be up there at the end.

PLEASE don't start getting on the teams back. Especially if you didn't see the game.

Oh and we did have a great first and second half. Well played lads.

Such a shame - an awful decision by the referee cost us the game entirely, both Blackburn goals completely against the run of play (helped by small lapses in defense), but hopefully we will go the way of Reading last season if we keep up this class of performance. Or... we play great for 90% of every match, and still lose 2-1...

I think we'll be alright, but like Grewks said - another unfortunate result or two and I think team morale might become a problem

It'll be interesting to hear from people who were at both this and the Charlton game to see if they think we played as well as on Tuesday, because my main concern after Tuesday was whether we could maintain the same level of performance.

It sounds like we did, and if so, it bodes very well for the next 43 games

Such a shame - an awful decision by the referee cost us the game entirely, both Blackburn goals completely against the run of play (helped by small lapses in defense), but hopefully we will go the way of Reading last season if we keep up this class of performance. Or... we play great for 90% of every match, and still lose 2-1...

I think we'll be alright, but like Grewks said - another unfortunate result or two and I think team morale might become a problem

So not entirely then.

So unlucky today we played so well . Vardy looked at least level to me ( On stream ) . That's it for me tonight i'm going before all the OTT stuff starts and the millions of threads get started .

My thoughts will be with those of you with sane mind who stick around. :ph34r:

Great stuff today, except result obviously

Konch was absolutely awful, but the level of performance was great from everyone else... except the frickin linesman

Passing sorted, energy levels & motivation sorted, creating chances sorted.

Got all the ingredients to storm it and if we keep doing what we're doing then along with SSL & Whitbread to come in we'll be way more than fine.

Unlucky, but we have let in 4 gol in our last 2 away game.....Pearson wil not be happy, if we can tighten up, we definitely have the ammo to cause some damage.

It doesnt look ood with 3 in 9, the pressure is on.

Its inevitable when you have no Defenders on the bench and last seasons fringe CB starting.

Lets not disguise we have a few problems. But creating a shit load of chances and not putting them away is a much better problem to have that creating the square root of feck all, which was the problem last year.

After watching the match today, and listening to our second half dominance against Charlton, I am still convinced that we can live up to our start of season expectations.

I think that we are creating plenty of good goalscoring opportunities, but are just a little bit sloppy in front of goal at the minute. From todays game I also saw that our luck was pretty much out as we dictated the play, with Vardy's goal appearing to be onside, and Danny Murphy lucky to be on the pitch after bringing down Vardy what looked like in the box and should have been a penalty.

Defensively we don't look to clever at the minute, but our defence will only improve with SSL and Whitbread coming back into the fold.

Blackburn can count themselves lucky today, although I cannot fault there ruthlessness in front of goal with two great finishes. I do still believe that we will be up there come the end of the season once our defence steadies up and we get better in front of goal, which I think will come with games.

COYB!!!

Played really well, but just typical Leicester, either robbed or can't take chances, unfortunately today it was both of those things.

Encouraging in parts, but we need to set our stall out better, Pearson has work to do we need St Ledger and Whitbread back asap, and still need that better control in midfield, the wingers did most of the damage today.

Need to make King Power a fortress, if we lose against Blackpool, Pearson will be in serious trouble.

Need to forget about getting robbed today, and go out against Blackpool and play some football and beat them at home like we did last season, also who knows Tom Ince has been linked with Swansea, might not be with Blackpool by next Saturday.

Archived