Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

Didn't know that! Bloody 28 minutes long ain't it? :D decent album though, better than most of what he's done in the last 15 years

Definitely, even his crap albums have a couple of good songs on though. Love those long meandering guitar solos/jams. Even when they don't seem to go anywhere, I just want to just my guitar and join in.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a job lot of about 60 LPs for about £50 off Ebay about a month ago, there was some good stuff among it Van Halen, Dylan, Iron Maiden, Icicle Works, David Sylvian, early Los Lobos, China Crisis, Jethro Tull

This was also in there in really nice condition, I'm not a fan at all so it went straight back on Ebay..

41E9fwC7nKL._SY355_.jpg

And it sold for £230!!!!!

• Like 2

Bought a job lot of about 60 LPs for about £50 off Ebay about a month ago, there was some good stuff among it Van Halen, Dylan, Iron Maiden, Icicle Works, David Sylvian, early Los Lobos, China Crisis, Jethro Tull

This was also in there in really nice condition, I'm not a fan at all so it went straight back on Ebay..

41E9fwC7nKL._SY355_.jpg

some of the deleted vinyl go for big money well done.

Anyone else collect 45's?.

I like my LP's but adore my singles.  My LP's tend to be a collection of my favourite albums by my favourite artists but my 45's are less eclectic, some 45's I own are from bands I don't relally like but have released a great single, no need to go through the album fill to get to the great track. 

41E9fwC7nKL._SY355_.jpg

Hope this wasn't a local listing as I'm always on the look out for local collections and haven't seen one I like in ages.

Great find MJM.

What was the Sylvian album??

• 3 weeks later...

Been given a crate of around 150 various Drum n Bass, Dance, Dub, Reggae, electronic & house records from the late 80s onwards. A lot of promo releases and other unreleased records in there apparently. Already come across some red & yellow vinyls that look pretty cool.

Been given a crate of around 150 various Drum n Bass, Dance, Dub, Reggae, electronic & house records from the late 80s onwards. A lot of promo releases and other unreleased records in there apparently. Already come across some red & yellow vinyls that look pretty cool.

Lucky beggar. :thumbup:

I used to buy the record collecter magazine. They used to print a table describing how the value of a rare record lessens with the condition - or lack of.

A rare record had to be in a pristine state & it's sleeve. Even if the quality was 'only' very good the price took a big hit - perhaps less than 25%.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up an old 63 turntable,so it's mono (new cartridge though so new records are ok), not sure if I can get a stereo amp for it, but it sounds good anyway, kind of cool listening to some of my older records in original mono and even the new stuff, if I want to listen to stereo just listen to it on something else.  It's also got an autochanger which is nice to whack a load of singles on, although the way it drops them down it probably wont get some of my audiophile vinyl, just the cheap stuff lol.

Edited by purpleronnie

• 2 months later...