Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

2 hours ago, thebartonfox said:

Record Store Day today. 

Nothing on the list massively excited me this year, but I did end up getting the Blue Planet II double disk sound track. It's on transparent blue disks which looks pretty cool, and the sleeve will be a nice addition to my collection. Not what I would usually go for, but it is some beautiful music. 

I got the Who 'Kids Are Alright' (blue and red vinyl) - I aimed for this and got it.

Also got the Stones 'Satanic Majesties'.

Does anybody else buy online at Juno Records?

Just got an Iron and Wine triple LP, Wedding Present - Saturnalia double 10", Mercury Rev - The Light in Me Ltd white vinyl & Public Service Broadcasting - War Room all for less than £40.

Ordered Monday afternoon, delivered Tuesday

They seem to have a load of stuff for less than a tenner

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up for 2 quid yesterday, Ive been looking for it for ages as it was one of my guilty pleasures back in the day. And yes it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea

This was the album that led to world domination in disco's before the arrival of all conquering punk arrived

It is quite good honest    :thumbup:

Edited by Chico1958

• 1 month later...

Car boot today. Original Thriller £5. 10 more for a tenner. Other on the list:

Quo 2

Michael Jackson

Toyah

Ultavox 2

Heart

Big Country

ELO

Arcadia

Plus Charity shop £5

Simple Minds

Gerry Rafferty

Joan Armatrading hits

Roxy Music

Beach Boys hits

Human League

Happy bunny me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

Car boot today. Original Thriller £5. 10 more for a tenner. Other on the list:

Quo 2

Michael Jackson

Toyah

Ultavox 2

Heart

Big Country

ELO

Arcadia

Plus Charity shop £5

Simple Minds

Gerry Rafferty

Joan Armatrading hits

Roxy Music

Beach Boys hits

Human League

Happy bunny me

I'll be at A47 car boot tomorrow. All LPs and 12" will be 50p. 7" will be 20p. I've got about 4 boxes of LPs, same with 7". Got some really good 12" singles Kylie, Electronic, Moby, Sugababes, Pere Ubu, Squeeze, Y & T etc

Got to get rid of a load so all cheap!

Oopps!! just seen you're in Cardiff, oh well!!

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy

4 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I'll be at A47 car boot tomorrow. All LPs and 12" will be 50p. 7" will be 20p. I've got about 4 boxes of LPs, same with 7". Got some really good 12" singles Kylie, Electronic, Moby, Sugababes, Pere Ubu, Squeeze, Y & T etc

Lol

On 23/06/2018 at 20:27, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Thanks for the thought Mrs, I'm always looking for a deal........... hope you did well out of the boot sale... Take care

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

There's a new record store in town in the Malcolm Arcade called Out Of Joint records. Really decent place actually with a nicely curated selection of records

hopefully they'll stick it out there but I dunno. rent there is disgusting from what I've been told and records will be the first thing out the window as people's spending money gets squeezed. 

is it just records that they're selling or have they got something else to bring up the spend / average receipt price? 

I've looked into opening a record shop and the worry is always the days where people come in, browse and don't take anything. you can't survive with people picking up the odd 12" for £8 every few hours. 

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

hopefully they'll stick it out there but I dunno. rent there is disgusting from what I've been told and records will be the first thing out the window as people's spending money gets squeezed. 

is it just records that they're selling or have they got something else to bring up the spend / average receipt price? 

I've looked into opening a record shop and the worry is always the days where people come in, browse and don't take anything. you can't survive with people picking up the odd 12" for £8 every few hours. 

There's clothing too. It's ran by a couple of lads from wellgosh/grade 10 records. It's definitely a niche selection of records so that could benefit it, no chart stuff/mainstream stuff. It's a really nice set up, feels like a proper record store and you can tell a lot has gone into the aesthetics in there. I hope it does well as I'd much rather get my records from there than on the web 

• 1 month later...
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:35, Samilktray said:

There's a new record store in town in the Malcolm Arcade called Out Of Joint records. Really decent place actually with a nicely curated selection of records

Right I went in there on Saturday, Flicked through the racks and picked up the Deadly Avenger "I am Godzilla, you are Japan" album.

Anyway as I took it to the counter I noticed another album on the rack that I have been after for about 25 years, my heart stopped in excitement for a minuet and I went over to see how much, no price on it.

as this album is a completely different genre to all the others he was selling I thought that I might be able to get this a bit cheaper than the £60 price it has on Discogs (only from German sellers also).

put it on the counter with the other album and the owner looked at me a bit put out.

"Sorry mate I don't think I'm going to sell this one, My friends mum gave it to me and I've just seen how much it's worth."

He said that he's spoke to who gave it to him, and she still says He should have it. And the preceded to show me how good a condition it was in, and still had the inner sheet that came with it.

I was absolutely devastated, this was the first time I'd ever seen it since it's initial release in 1981

32 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

Right I went in there on Saturday, Flicked through the racks and picked up the Deadly Avenger "I am Godzilla, you are Japan" album.

Anyway as I took it to the counter I noticed another album on the rack that I have been after for about 25 years, my heart stopped in excitement for a minuet and I went over to see how much, no price on it.

as this album is a completely different genre to all the others he was selling I thought that I might be able to get this a bit cheaper than the £60 price it has on Discogs (only from German sellers also).

put it on the counter with the other album and the owner looked at me a bit put out.

"Sorry mate I don't think I'm going to sell this one, My friends mum gave it to me and I've just seen how much it's worth."

He said that he's spoke to who gave it to him, and she still says He should have it. And the preceded to show me how good a condition it was in, and still had the inner sheet that came with it.

I was absolutely devastated, this was the first time I'd ever seen it since it's initial release in 1981

Dont keep us in suspense. What is it?

2 minutes ago, hairy said:

Dont keep us in suspense. What is it?

I didn't really want to say as I'm hoping that he'll come to his senses and put it up for sale.

But as I don't think I'll  be able to get there for a few weeks I might as well.

It was a compilation album on the S+T label called "where the hell is Leicester".

A friend of mine's band was on it call Future Toys, he was a few years older than us and the coolest kid in school.

Can't believe I was so close yet so far away.

1 hour ago, Rocket-Ron said:

I didn't really want to say as I'm hoping that he'll come to his senses and put it up for sale.

But as I don't think I'll  be able to get there for a few weeks I might as well.

It was a compilation album on the S+T label called "where the hell is Leicester".

A friend of mine's band was on it call Future Toys, he was a few years older than us and the coolest kid in school.

Can't believe I was so close yet so far away.

I have this. A friend of mine was in the Observers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...