Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thlcfc93

Why are people so worried?

If we had fielded a full strength side tonight and they went out and performed like that, then yes people should be worried (still not exactly the end of the world).

But the fact is the likes of Waghorn & Gallagher are way down the pecking order, they haven't featured in the league and certainly won't on Saturday. Therefore the fact they played crap tonight really isn't THAT relevant, it doesn't mean that much with regards to Saturday (or the rest of the season) there will be 8/9 changes anyway it will be a different team going out - the team that has been playing very well of late! So stop this over the top nonsense (some of you) and get a grip!

People are 'worried' as you say it because they care about this club.

That isnt always a bad thing! Sure you or I or anyone might think some are overreacting, but i would much prefer people to have some passion for our team than not care...

People are 'worried' as you say it because they care about this club.

That isnt always a bad thing! Sure you or I or anyone might think some are overreacting, but i would much prefer people to have some passion for our team than not care...

Worry was probably the wrong word. It's more aimed at the people who are so angry about tonight that they think Pearson should be sacked.

Why are they worried?? Because even if you accept the excuse that 8 of those playing weren't first choice, with one injury or suspension and those players will be called upon and they were played off the park by a 4th division side.

I'd be asking the question "why aren't some people worried?"

I'm not worried because these results happen every single year.

QPR 0-2 Rochdale, QPR promoted.

Norwich 0-4 MK Dons, Norwich promoted, unless I've got my year wrong - which means they were in-fact already in the Premier League.

There are tonnes more, shocks happen every season and we're actually blessed with the fact it so rarely happens to us, the manner made it far worse but I'm not worried to the extent "OMG OMG OMG GET RID OF PEARSON THIS TEAM ARE SHITE" or any of that drivel.

Yep, it was hideous and yes I agree we're up against it, but I still somehow have a lot of faith in this squad and I hope it leads to more mental celebrations when we stun you all.

Why are they worried?? Because even if you accept the excuse that 8 of those playing weren't first choice, with one injury or suspension and those players will be called upon and they were played off the park by a 4th division side.

I'd be asking the question "why aren't some people worried?"

The performance wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests. We weren't played off the park, we had more possession and shots. Whilst I'm aware it's what you do with it that counts and we didn't do much tonight, on most other days, they wouldn't have scored a screamer or a deflected free kick, of which there was nothing any of our players could have done to stop. If they hadn't had those 2 fortunate goals would you still be claiming we were "played off the park", at the end of the day they had just 4 shots on target - and fair play they scored them all! They did not dominate the match. And regardless of all of that it's only one match, and like someone pointed out Norwich lost 4-0 to MK Dons last season, we're hardly doomed.

thlcfc93 - that's just it. we weren't played off the park but conceded four goals to a fourth tier outfit. This is one of the most pitiful days in our recent history. Players who should have been vieing for a place, for their chance to shine just wilted like a pensioners cok in a massage parlour. in fact the performance was worse than the scoreline our second was a consulation goal.

Agreed, massive overreaction as usual. It's one thing to be worried before this game but to start panicking after one cup upset is so weak and pathetic. Sort yourselves out.

I'm more worried that some of our fans will be the death of me.

We have some obvious flaws but up until tonight everyone was saying how promising we look overall. So don't then turn around and try and tell me the manager needs the sack one game later. Just don't.

I repeat: No one will give a shit if we beat Blackpool on saturday. Those saying 'waahh, we're an embarrassment, we're screwed, sack Pearson' would, (hypothetically at this stage of course) look embarrassing. So get over it, as far as I'm concerned, we only went out tonight because we didn't give a toss about the league cup. That's the only reason we played a number of reserve players, that's the only reason even our good players performed half-heartedly (apparently) and that's the only reason people are sitting here talking like it's the end of the world.

The performance wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests. We weren't played off the park, we had more possession and shots. Whilst I'm aware it's what you do with it that counts and we didn't do much tonight, on most other days, they wouldn't have scored a screamer or a deflected free kick, of which there was nothing any of our players could have done to stop. If they hadn't had those 2 fortunate goals would you still be claiming we were "played off the park", at the end of the day they had just 4 shots on target - and fair play they scored them all! They did not dominate the match. And regardless of all of that it's only one match, and like someone pointed out Norwich lost 4-0 to MK Dons last season, we're hardly doomed.

We were roundly beaten by the better side. A side that happens to be 2 leagues below us.

They were denied a clear cut penalty and wasted a great chance to make it 5.

We had more possession and shots?? Please, let's not clutch at straws .... we were second best all over the pitch and deserved to be beaten by at least 2 goals. It was one of the worst performances that I've seen, lacking in any positives apart from NP's post match interview!

We were roundly beaten by the better side. A side that happens to be 2 leagues below us.

We had more possession and shots?? Please, let's not clutch at straws .... we were second best all over the pitch and deserved to be beaten by at least 2 goals. It was one of the worst performances that I've seen, lacking in any positives apart from NP's post match interview!

It's a freak result. It happens.

I'm not defending a single thing about the performance or scoreline, it's one of, if not the most embarrassing score I can even remember, but seriously we're that used to avoiding these kind of defeats that you shouldn't be too worried.

Like I said earlier, Champ sides lose to lower league literally every early round in this and have done for years, and will do for years.

Whilst we didn't play well we were not "played off the park" that's a complete exaggeration, And even if we were it means nothing in the grand scheme of things it's one match. The fact that people are making out like the season is over because of it is laughable. Not to mention the idiots who think it warrants sacking the manager.

Whilst we didn't play well we were not "played off the park" that's a complete exaggeration, And even if we were it means nothing in the grand scheme of things it's one match. The fact that people are making out like the season is over because of it is laughable. Not to mention the idiots who think it warrants sacking the manager.

I think we were embarrassing int he final 20 minutes - making more and more stupid and pathetic mistakes, losing all discipline and professionalism, playing less and less like a team. Whilst we lumped the ball like a pub side to the completely useless Futacs (who was being beaten to headers by a player a foot shorter than himself), they kept the ball and played football with it. It was embarrassing and there is no excuse that makes it acceptable.

I'm not calling for NP's head, I actually really like his new brand of football this season and would love to see him turn it around with that style of play!!

But his, and the team's, reaction to this loss will define whether he has a handful of games left or he goes on to successfully lead the team onwards and upwards. If there is no turn around in performance from tonight and results from the previous 2 games then I wouldn't have much more than 6 games patience.

In a perverse way I think this may be a good loss .... It spells the end of some of the cling ons we have in the squad and will prompt some transfer activity tomorrow.

It's a freak result. It happens.

I'm not defending a single thing about the performance or scoreline, it's one of, if not the most embarrassing score I can even remember, but seriously we're that used to avoiding these kind of defeats that you shouldn't be too worried.

Like I said earlier, Champ sides lose to lower league literally every early round in this and have done for years, and will do for years.

I'm making some space in my wallet!!!!!!

Only the goalie and the full backs were unchanged. I got the feeling Pearson wasn't very bothered about the game and was more concerned about resting the first XI for the TOTL Blackpool on Saturday, plus also used this match for those that just came back from injury or those that haven't played in the first team lineup yet.

Knowing us, we tend to thwomp teams with a good strong run at home and I'm fairly confident we can outdo Blackpool. Pearson knows what needs sorting and I reckon today was a wake-up call for him as well. I think and hope that things would change from now on in.

I think tonight was like that bad driving lesson you have before your actual driving test (learn by your mistakes) re comparing losing to Burton in a cup game (in a competition that's only any good if you actually win it) to the league game at Blackpool away on Saturday!

If we had fielded a full strength side tonight and they went out and performed like that, then yes people should be worried (still not exactly the end of the world).

But the fact is the likes of Waghorn & Gallagher are way down the pecking order, they haven't featured in the league and certainly won't on Saturday. Therefore the fact they played crap tonight really isn't THAT relevant, it doesn't mean that much with regards to Saturday (or the rest of the season) there will be 8/9 changes anyway it will be a different team going out - the team that has been playing very well of late! So stop this over the top nonsense (some of you) and get a grip!

Don't make ridiculous excuses. We were flattened by inferior players, and made to look rubbish.

This wonedrful beam of ours has played so well of late that bwe have three league points, and dumped out of the Cup to a team we should have buried.

Thanks a lot Pearson. :angry: :angry:

Don't make ridiculous excuses. We were flattened by inferior players, and made to look rubbish.

This wonedrful beam of ours has played so well of late that bwe have three league points, and dumped out of the Cup to a team we should have buried.

Thanks a lot Pearson. :angry: :angry:

What do you mean excuses? It's not an excuse to say we'd have played better if we played the same 11 we did at Blackburn, that's just an explanation for why we were shit. That's just saying it like it is.

Nobody's saying we weren't shit, or that we were robbed, but when cretins like you want the manager sacked these facts put forward about our starting line up point out why you're such a tool.

At the minute people are basing there optimism on one and a half of good games of football, at Charlton and Blackburn both of which we lost. :jawdrop:

We have a soft under belly :surrender: , like the Spurs/West Ham of old.........

We need a ruthless streak in our game all over the pitch.... :devil:

I'm not worried because these results happen every single year.

QPR 0-2 Rochdale, QPR promoted.

Norwich 0-4 MK Dons, Norwich promoted, unless I've got my year wrong - which means they were in-fact already in the Premier League.

There are tonnes more, shocks happen every season and we're actually blessed with the fact it so rarely happens to us, the manner made it far worse but I'm not worried to the extent "OMG OMG OMG GET RID OF PEARSON THIS TEAM ARE SHITE" or any of that drivel.

Yep, it was hideous and yes I agree we're up against it, but I still somehow have a lot of faith in this squad and I hope it leads to more mental celebrations when we stun you all.

That year Qpr lost and got promoted they went on to get 38 points out of a possible 54. First losing a game on 10th December.

If we can go on a run like that then I'm sure people will forget about this result like Qpr fans would have.

Archived