Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thlcfc93

Why are people so worried?

Last season Pearsons first 5 games at Hull were 4 losses and a victory in the first 5 games, one loss included being knocked out against Macclesfield in the cup.... They then went on a nine game unbeaten run.

Slow starts happen, Slow starts have happened to him, anyone calling for a managers head now is being ridiculous.

I'm not sure, for me Pearson plays negative football, and this makes us a distinctly average championship side.

Start of the season I thought we would be a tough team to beat, and maybe the new signings will grab a few goals, however, whether it be a glitch or not last nights defensive display was the worst I had seen for a long time and I'm not sure whether we will set the championship alite with our fire power either.

I am not calling for Pearson to be sacked, but the team we are under his management will

Be lucky to make the playoffs.

I'm not worried, I am annoyed! Well I'm not actually annoyed now, as I've had a nights sleep and also realised I won on my bets last night too...

Last night was a perfect chance for us to get a win under our belt, to help boost the confidence after two good performances, which resulted in two defeats. I understand his reasons

for ringing in the changes, but so early in the season, I don't really see the point. Surely it's best to gain momentum now by winning games than to wait too long into the season when

we are off the pace.

I think perhaps Pearson should have been a little more subtle with the changes and rested a few "first teamers." I certainly don't think both Waghorn and Schlupp should have started upfront.

Nugent or Beckford are yet to score yet so why not give them a go? I suppose we can say what we like in hindsight now but I think Pearson got it wrong last night but the players were certainly

a let down!

Just woke up and reflecting on last nights result.

Three things strike me mostly.

1. Fleckney Mikes observation about the 'reserve team' not seeming to be up for the game. This was their stage to be pushing for a first team spot and they frankly didn't step up to the mark... That's worrying.

2. Yes, we could all be over-reacting and may be able to put this game behind us and move on to better things.

3. Whatever, it was an embarassing night for the club, the players, the manager. Even though that was a second string side I'm making no excuses (and neither did Nigel), we all thought we would win comfortably and should have done.

It don't matter it was 'just a cup game'.. That's just another excuse too.

Simply not good enough.

Agreed, massive overreaction as usual. It's one thing to be worried before this game but to start panicking after one cup upset is so weak and pathetic. Sort yourselves out.

I'm more worried that some of our fans will be the death of me.

We have some obvious flaws but up until tonight everyone was saying how promising we look overall. So don't then turn around and try and tell me the manager needs the sack one game later. Just don't.

I repeat: No one will give a shit if we beat Blackpool on saturday. Those saying 'waahh, we're an embarrassment, we're screwed, sack Pearson' would, (hypothetically at this stage of course) look embarrassing. So get over it, as far as I'm concerned, we only went out tonight because we didn't give a toss about the league cup. That's the only reason we played a number of reserve players, that's the only reason even our good players performed half-heartedly (apparently) and that's the only reason people are sitting here talking like it's the end of the world.

So basically you are saying that professional players payed a pretty damn decent wage by the club didn't really want to win a game of football. If that is really the case and I don't believe it is then they should all be sacked with immediate effect. It is far more likely they just thought they could turn up and win without really having to do too much. Sadly they have been found out. Some of these players are not as good as they themselves or some of us fans think they are.

Personally I want players to play for my club who want to win every game they play in and not put in some half hearted effort against so-called lesser teams in the hope it will be enough. If this is the attitude that pervades through the squad then there have to be questions asked not only of the players but also of the whole management team. Pearson's post match interview certainly didn't suggest he didn't want to win the game.

So let's hope it is a one off and that all will be rosy in the garden on Saturday. After all apparently we have been playing well and losing so it is time we played badly and won. Matches like this can be a turning point and the squad can be galvanised on the back of it (6-1 defeat at Ipswich comes to mind). However, it could just as easily go the other way and pearson's post match interview was done by an angry man who will need to manage his way around what went on whilst bringing the squad together without alienating playes who may well be needed in the season. Is he the man to do this?

I do not get why people are moaning about the amount of changes to the team. It is a long hard season and the guys that were put out need games. We lost. We had enough good players out there to have won easily. Ok the defence were abysmal but the 2 centre halves were playing their first game of the season last night.

There are always upsets in the cup. It was our turn this time. I just hope we can win the next couple of games to relieve the pressure that after only 3 games is unecessarily building on the Manager. The same manager that won a League 1 title and got us into the play offs the next season with imo an inferior team. I can unfortunately see the crowd turning on Nige on Saturday if we go 1 down.

I like Pearson, no doubt. Why? He made me feel proud to support Leicester City again, something I didn't really feel since Micky Adams' promotion in 2002/03. Tactically, Pearson isn't the best, but he is a solid manager at this level. I have defended him for so long, just like others on the forum have, but there is no doubt something was wrong yesterday. We won't be the first, or the last club, to be beaten by a lower league side, but to concede four goals at home against Burton is not good enough.

I don't think he should be sacked though. He has the ability to turn this around, and his voice post match suggested he had basically flipped at the team and highlighted certain players. Good. Saturday is big, he/we can't afford to lose, in my opinion. Ok, Reading won one in their first month, but we arn't Reading.

We have a lot of player's that are not good enough; Gallagher and Waghorn for example. Then we have players that are average/below average; Kasper, Danns and Konchesky for example. I'm worried because we've been beaten by a lower league side at home by two clear goals. Yes, it wasn't our first team, and hopefully some of those players won't feature in the league games, but that team should have been good enough to beat most Championship teams, never mind a League Two team.

I said pre match, we shouldn't really change the team. Did we? Yes, eight changes. Ok, it's a long season, but we've played four games (before yesterday) and all the players should be fit enough to play two games a week. It's their job. Plus, I wanted us to gel more. Two defeats prior, but we were still building as a team, together. Players like Vardy and Nugent could have used this Burton game to enhance their partneship, for example, and grab a goal along the way.

I have defended Pearson for some time now. I liked him as a player, I like him as our manager. But I fear ahead of Blackpool.

I have two views - one I'm not worried about our first team being able to perform at Championship level and make a good go of getting out of this division

Two - I am worried regarding the quality of the replacements should we get injuries

GK - Logan, not good enough

Defence - lacking cover at full back, central defenders didn't cover themselves in glory

Midfield - Gallagher, Danns and James very weak last night

Attack - Futacs, Schlupp average at best, Waghorn woeful

I'm not sure, for me Pearson plays negative football, and this makes us a distinctly average championship side.

Start of the season I thought we would be a tough team to beat, and maybe the new signings will grab a few goals, however, whether it be a glitch or not last nights defensive display was the worst I had seen for a long time and I'm not sure whether we will set the championship alite with our fire power either.

I am not calling for Pearson to be sacked, but the team we are under his management will

Be lucky to make the playoffs.

I take it you didnt go to Blackburn or Charlton? We battered Blackburn on chances etc. Yes we lost but we were far from negative!

I have two views - one I'm not worried about our first team being able to perform at Championship level and make a good go of getting out of this division

Two - I am worried regarding the quality of the replacements should we get injuries

GK - Logan, not good enough

Defence - lacking cover at full back, central defenders didn't cover themselves in glory

Midfield - Gallagher, Danns and James very weak last night

Attack - Futacs, Schlupp average at best, Waghorn woeful

I wouldnt worry too much about the back ups. Danns wont ever play that bad again and we know he's a good performer on his day. James will get better also.

Schlupp and Waghorn, the same. Plus we have Nugent, Beckford and Vardy who appear to be first choice 3 strikers at present

I wouldnt worry too much about the back ups. Danns wont ever play that bad again and we know he's a good performer on his day. James will get better also.

Schlupp and Waghorn, the same. Plus we have Nugent, Beckford and Vardy who appear to be first choice 3 strikers at present

I'm disappointed in a game where they had the opportunity to stake a claim for a first team place, so many performed poorly against L2 opposition. As for Waghorn, he is regressing. Every year I watch him he gradually gets worse. I think Schlupp needs a loan spell to get match sharpness.

The thing that got to me last night was the fact that, players like Danns who moans all over twitter about not getting in the team, then performs like he did. He should be taking games like that by the scruff of the neck and proving to Pearson that he should be starting every week. I think he will be lucky to make the bench on saturday after that. Waggy is not good enough surly everyone can see that he is possibly the most Erratic player i have ever seen, Gally......well cant see him getting near the first team again unless we have an injury crisis.

Archived