Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Last Season...

Hulls start to last year...

English Championship Fr 05Aug 2011 Hull 0 - 1 Blackpool

L Carling Cup Tu 09Aug 2011 Hull 0 - 2 Macclesfield

L English Championship Sa 13Aug 2011 Ipswich 0 - 1 Hull

W

English Championship Tu 16Aug 2011 Leeds 4 - 1 Hull

L English Championship Sa 20Aug 2011 Hull 0 - 1 C Palace

L

3 losses in the league, one win and an ousting from the cup by a lower league team.... Looking a little familiar?

The following 9 games however.

English Championship Sa 27Aug 2011 Hull 1 - 0 Reading

W

English Championship Sa 10Sep 2011 Peterborough 0 - 1 Hull

W

English Championship Sa 17Sep 2011 Hull 1 - 0 Portsmouth

W

English Championship Sa 24Sep 2011 Bristol C 1 - 1 Hull

D

English Championship Tu 27Sep 2011 Doncaster 1 - 1 Hull

D

English Championship Sa 01Oct 2011 Hull 2 - 1 Cardiff

W

English Championship Sa 15Oct 2011 Brighton 0 - 0 Hull

D

English Championship Sa 22Oct 2011 Hull 3 - 2 Watford

W

English Championship Sa 29Oct 2011 Nottm Forest 0 - 1 Hull

W

Unbeaten in 9 with 6 wins. Obviously there is no guarantee we can do the same, but it's the same manager and surely this is evidence enough that people pushing the panic button just need to chill out a little bit.

Hulls start to last year...

English Championship Fr 05Aug 2011 Hull 0 - 1 Blackpool

L Carling Cup Tu 09Aug 2011 Hull 0 - 2 Macclesfield

L English Championship Sa 13Aug 2011 Ipswich 0 - 1 Hull

W

English Championship Tu 16Aug 2011 Leeds 4 - 1 Hull

L English Championship Sa 20Aug 2011 Hull 0 - 1 C Palace

L

3 losses in the league, one win and an ousting from the cup by a lower league team.... Looking a little familiar?

The following 9 games however.

English Championship Sa 27Aug 2011 Hull 1 - 0 Reading

W

English Championship Sa 10Sep 2011 Peterborough 0 - 1 Hull

W

English Championship Sa 17Sep 2011 Hull 1 - 0 Portsmouth

W

English Championship Sa 24Sep 2011 Bristol C 1 - 1 Hull

D

English Championship Tu 27Sep 2011 Doncaster 1 - 1 Hull

D

English Championship Sa 01Oct 2011 Hull 2 - 1 Cardiff

W

English Championship Sa 15Oct 2011 Brighton 0 - 0 Hull

D

English Championship Sa 22Oct 2011 Hull 3 - 2 Watford

W

English Championship Sa 29Oct 2011 Nottm Forest 0 - 1 Hull

W

Unbeaten in 9 with 6 wins. Obviously there is no guarantee we can do the same, but it's the same manager and surely this is evidence enough that people pushing the panic button just need to chill out a little bit.

Great post. I wish people would at least use this a reason to get behind the manager and give it more than 3 league games and 2 cup!

Doesn't really prove anything though babs, as I said in another thread dropping points at the start of the season is not what cost us promotion last season, nor will it this season. Even more so losing a league cup match will not cost up promotion. What cost us promotion last season was our inability to put a run of results together, get some momentum and some good vibes going. If we can't do that this season then we will have the same problem, a good performance followed by a bad one was what cost us last time.

Yes but Dull Shitty didn't get into the playoffs last season, we are aspiring for promotion and don't kid yourselves that this season will be another one where the team needs time to gel. Whether that is by automatic or via the playoffs we have to go up imo, I really hope NP can do it but he needs to get results at this stage of the season to simmer the pressure on his burden, anything less than 6 points from these next 2 games I wouldn't be surprised if they sack him that is the nature of football at this current predicament.

Is pearson's future resting on a nineteen year olds shoulders on saturday? assuming it will be morgan and moore at c/b, blackpol are scoring for fun, we are live on tv for everyone to see..( all over the world ).. I don't believe in sacking managers after a bad spell but he has a remit from the owners and 4 defeats in a row ain't it.. massive game.

Yes but Dull Shitty didn't get into the playoffs last season

And? He wasn't their manager.

anything less than 6 points from these next 2 games I wouldn't be surprised if they sack him that is the nature of football at this current predicament.

Anything less than 6 points? Are you crazy. You think if we win one and drew one meaning our record was WLLWD they would sack him?

Well it does, it proves just because you don't get the right results instantly doesn't mean things can't work out.

True, but it could lead to nothing. As it stands and with the time and money Pearson has invested, it doesn't look too good. I believe we can turn things around, my worry is that with the 2 upcomming big matches, the pressure is really on and patience will be lost.

The only thing i would like to say is, give the guy atleast 10 games, were going through a rough patch with results, performances whoever (other then yesterday) have been good.

And? He wasn't their manager.

Anything less than 6 points? Are you crazy. You think if we win one and drew one meaning our record was WLLWD they would sack him?

4 points would be acceptable in my eyes but the Thais I don't think so imo, the fact we lost 2 away games early on this season cranks up the pressure to get results anything less than 6 I can see it being a bumpy ride but that is my opinion.

True, but it could lead to nothing.

It could, which I stated in the post. But there is a reaction from what has to be said a small minority that all hope it lost.

The only thing i would like to say is, give the guy atleast 10 games, were going through a rough patch with results, performances whoever (other then yesterday) have been good.

Agree

4 points would be acceptable in my eyes but the Thais I don't think so imo, the fact we lost 2 away games early on this season cranks up the pressure to get results anything less than 6 I can see it being a bumpy ride but that is my opinion.

We had 5 points from 9 names when Sousa got sacked... I don't think they would react quicker than that. Even if we lost the next two you'd still be on 3 points after 5 games, obviously shit but having invested heavily in the manager and the team they would at least give him the time Sousa had. Anything less is just insane.

Christ

look at Reading 1 win (against us) in their 1st 6 to 8 games I can't remember...... lying in 23rd

I bet they're glad they sacked their manager to go up as Champions

Oh wait, that's right, they didn't!

FFS

Also, people need to stop pushing their view by proceeding it with "what they think the Thai's will do" we don't know what they'll do. But one thing they should have learnt is that changing managers is the biggest waste of money & 99 times out of a hundred there's no instant success anyway. Build, build, build continuous improvement should be their only aim (last night excluded obviously) wholesale changes is the road to ruin & they'll never get their £50m back

We can't get rid of him at this stage, not after what we've gone through for the past few seasons. I have some worries about this current regime but even a new management will just put us back to square one so I want and hope Pearson can sort it out.

The majority of us agree that the squad we have right now is about there, there's a great blend of youth and experience and if a new manager came in that might be ripped apart, yet again. Would Marshall figure? Would Vardy figure? Would Knockaert be as highly regarded by the new management? I can't be arsed to go through all of that again just yet, not until they are given a chance to play together.

I am concerned that we've not necessarily improved under Pearson in almost a year. We seem just as inconsistent, just as weak and there's too many individuals and no team spirit. I worry there's a few members of the squad that are a bad influence and don't get on with Pearson and with the pressure mounting this could lead to him losing the dressing room, which is easily done in football and chaos is caused.

In my opinion the likes of Gallagher, Waghorn and maybe even Danns need to go. Wellens does for sure but until he's fit, nobody will touch him. If there's players who are going to moan when they aren't playing but let us down when given a chance then they've got to be booted out. There might be others too, I get the feeling there's some billy big bollocks amongst our squad who need knocking down a peg or two.

Pearson has always been able to get his teams sorted defensively, but has struggled massively since returning here. Sven had trouble with us as did Sousa in his brief reign. We've gone through several sets of defenders and goalies and yet we still concede soft goals and we still fail to take our chances. I have no reason to believe a new manager could come in and sort this out straight away. Nigel has got to sort this quickly, he'll know that. We aren't far off in terms of attacking, we are wasteful at the minute but Nugent is proven at this level, Beckford has been very prolific in League One and has experience in the PL and Vardy looks to be a superb player. Our midfield has goals in them too. There needs to be an improvement mentally, that's a weakness i've seen amongst our club for years.

Saturday is a huge match, it will play in to our hands as Blackpool will not sit back and pick us off. They'll go after us and if we play to our strengths then we'll beat them, just like we have done on several occasions in recent years. However, if we defend like we have done this season then it could be a cricket score. We wait with baited breath.

NIGEL IN.

My biggest worry is that the expectation of promotion means, at the slightest sign of weakness in terms of results, a new manager, a merry go round of players and a never ending period of transition and 'time to gel'. If the owners are serious about promotion they should have some faith in the decision that they made last season and give Pearson as long as is possible to prove he is up to the task. If they had so little faith in him that these early results put the managers job at risk then perhaps the decision should have made at the end of last season.

It seems unlikely that, even if we sacked Pearson, someone else could come in and get us promoted this season (although not impossible) and therefore I would suggest the best thing to do is to give Pearson this season to get promoted as long as we are in touching distance of the play off places. We have to finish in the top quarter of the Championship to have a chance of promotion and that is still a very realistic target and a target Pearson has reached before and with this club.

:doh:

News Flash - We are not Reading, We are not Hull, We are not Crystal Palace, We are not Sunderland...We are Leicester City, we are where we are, we had a shit start last season - we had a shit season.

Mirror images don't happen. We may still do ok this season, however at this current time we are doing awful and other teams who have started shit in previous seasons but have turned out to be succesful season do not justify our poor start.

:doh:

News Flash - We are not Reading, We are not Hull, We are not Crystal Palace, We are not Sunderland...We are Leicester City, we are where we are, we had a shit start last season - we had a shit season.

Mirror images don't happen. We may still do ok this season, however at this current time we are doing awful and other teams who have started shit in previous seasons but have turned out to be succesful season do not justify our poor start.

He is not trying to justify a poor start, he is trying to put it into perspective.

We may still do ok this season

Exactly.... so why the feck have I had to delete over a dozen sack Pearson threads after THREE league games? Why have we got a sodding poll about his sacking? That's the point, nobody has said we are Reading, or Hull, or anyone else. NEWSFLASH: Nobody is making an excuse or justifying the start in this thread.

Exactly.... so why the feck have I had to delete over a dozen sack Pearson threads after THREE league games?

I don't know, I haven't said I think he should be sacked, like I keep saying I like the bloke, my problem is our strikers and leaky defence - Like most seasons, we seem to have a re-occuring problem.

Why have we got a sodding poll about his sacking? I don't know, you are a moderator, you have deleted 'over a dozen sack Pearson threads' if it bothers you that much delete the poll - Similar to what you said to me last night if it something bothers me put people on ignore - You have the powers to go one better by getting rid of polls and threads.

That's the point, nobody has said we are Reading, or Hull, or anyone else. NEWSFLASH: Nobody is making an excuse or justifying the start in this thread.

But people keep comparing Reading and Hull's results and saying they did alright. I've seen a few comments such as Crystal Palace were bottom at Christmas and still got promoted, or Sunderland had a shocking start but they turned it around and got promoted, or cliches such as 'We'll hammer someone soon' i'm sure I read many comments like that last season...and the season before that, but aslong as we are playing well it justifys our start to the season I guess.

That's the point, nobody has said we are Reading, or Hull, or anyone else. NEWSFLASH: Nobody is making an excuse or justifying the start in this thread.

But people keep comparing Reading and Hull's results and saying they did alright. I've seen a few comments such as Crystal Palace were bottom at Christmas and still got promoted, or Sunderland had a shocking start but they turned it around and got promoted, or cliches such as 'We'll hammer someone soon' i'm sure I read many comments like that last season...and the season before that, but aslong as we are playing well it justifys our start to the season I guess.

Have people said we'll definitely do the same? No. The original post clearly stated "Obviously there is no guarantee we can do the same". It's being used as an example as to why it's too early for people to completely throw their toys out of the pram (which some are doing) and say that Pearson has to go. You've not said that so this is not aimed at you.

The hull example is better than any of the others as the man in charge then is now our manager, it shows he managed to turn around a team after an awful shitty start.

As for ignoring things, I'm a mod I'm asked to not ignore 12 replicated idiotic threads.

Archived