Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

The Last Remnant of Martin Allen

Is playing Hey Jude before the matches. He introduced it as something "stirring" to run out on the pitch to. Well that worked Martin, in fact, that's worked ever since. There was nothing wrong with the Post Horn Gallop and besides, apart from the fact that Hey Jude has got naff all to do with the club, it's a dirge - slow and even paced, it hardly gets the senses tingling.

Of course, that's a matter of personal preference, but the fact is, Hey Jude was Mad Dog's personal preference and he was mad. He's also gone, long gone. Let's can the Hey Jude, rid ourselves of any vestige of Martin Allen and move on to better days.

Bring back the old Post Horn Gallop via PA system, instead of it being played by that man with his instrument. Can't even here it, and hardly gets me up for it... Also, pre-match music needs to be louder and we need better songs to get everyone going.

Bring back the old Post Horn Gallop via PA system, instead of it being played by that man with his instrument. Can't even here it, and hardly gets me up for it... Also, pre-match music needs to be louder and we need better songs to get everyone going.

I should hope the man playing the post horn gallop don't 'get you up for it' mate!

Glad I'm not sitting near you!

:whistle:

lol

Of course, that's a matter of personal preference, but the fact is, Hey Jude was Mad Dog's personal preference and he was mad. He's also gone, long gone. Let's can the Hey Jude, rid ourselves of any vestige of Martin Allen and move on to better days.

Hey Jude is pretty common as well. I'd love it if we used 'When You're Smiling' properly. It's ours and I think we should embrace it

lol

Nige could be slapping Konch's bald head as he runs around.

We would need a big titted gal though for all the players to run after....

lol

You sir are a man after my own heart. May I suggest we judge any auditionee's for the part.

Some people will always find something to moan about

And I'm usually moaning about stuff? I'm one of the more postive, get behind City posters on here, win, lose or draw.

And someone plus oned that ill-informed comment?

Get back to posting funny pictures. Get back to where you once belonged.

Dammit! :@

The dude playing it live is traditional and not cheesy like the recorded version. Anyway, it is (or at least it used to be) played on the PA system as he has a microphone on the end of his horn, they just need to turn the speakers up; I agree you can't here it loud enough sometimes.

And personally it massively gets me up for it when I hear it played live as the players come out. It's like a war cry.

:thumbup: I know I've said this before but if we sang it at this pace and tune, it would sound amazing.

Has this caught on or do people still stand there with their arms crossed and a scorning look on their face saying 'shit chant' under their breath?

Archived