Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marko

Gerrbrand signs

Cheers.

He says he is a calm defender and wont play root 1 all the time. Will be good to see someone who wont panic in the defence. Hopefully him and Nills Eric can take control and give us a soild back line.

CL has already said that Nils will be centre back. Looking at his appearances PG was not always first choice.

138759[/snapback]

Surely if he has just spent about 500,000 on him, than he is going 2 be 1st choice. I think they will all play.

CL has already said that Nils will be centre back. Looking at his appearances PG was not always first choice.

138759[/snapback]

Surely if he has just spent about 500,000 on him, than he is going 2 be 1st choice. I think they will all play.

138762[/snapback]

The Swedish papers (no translation or definitive source but just the word of a City fan in Sweden :thumbup: ) are saying nearer 300 grand + extras and a sell on clause. ;)

From the foxes Trust:

Leicester City News

So Patrik "Totte" Gerrbrand has become the latest addition to Craig Levein’s new looking Leicester City squad, the challenge for the Trust was how to gather information about our new recruit.

Step forward Gustav Gelin, who has been a huge fan of Hammarby since he was a kid in the early 80's, and since watching Leicester City play against his local team Boo FF (a suburb to Stockholm) in 1984 City became his English team. Gerrbrand is one of Gustav’s favourite players and has provided the Trust will a full report

“Patrik Gerrbrand has been playing for Swedish first division team Hammarby since 1995 when he came to the youth team from local team Älvsjö AIK. In May 2000 he made his A team debut for Hammarby in the Swedish first league, Allsvenskan. The following year he played in four games when Hammarby took their first title ever since the club was founded in 1897….

In 2002 "Totte" Gerrbrand took a permanent place among the first eleven, mostly playing in the Centre Back position, but sometimes doing short periods in the Left or Right Back roles.

During the five years in Hammarby's A-squad Patrik Gerrbrand played 52 games, and scored two goals.

In 2003 he made his debut in the Swedish national U21 team when he played Centre Back and beat Spain on November 15 which qualified Sweden for the U21 European Championship.

In total Totally Patrik played seven U21 national games for Sweden, but he hasn't yet made his debut for the full national team, although many people think he is close. 24 year old Gerrbrand is seen as promising and a great man for the future.

He's a good tackler, quite fast and a bit aggressive, but always with a great eye for the game and safe with the ball. He is a good passer of the ball preferring to play the ball on the floor and rarely opts for the long ball.

He made a short visit to Leicester last season for a couple of days training, but at that time Leicester decided to wait. The past winter Bundesliga club Wolfsburg showed some interest for Gerrbrand as well, but he signed a new three year contract with Hammarby as recently as May 31st this year

When that contract was signed he said to Hammarby's Official Website: ‘I like it a lot in Hammarby and can't think of playing in any other Swedish team, but of course I'm attracted to play abroad. That's something I believe all football players dream of, and something that's required to continue develop. If I could choose I'd play in the Spanish League, although I am Centre Back I like the fast and technical football they play there, and the weather isn't too bad there either.’

Now "Totte" will have the Championship and the Midland rain instead of the Spanish sun, but hopefully he will enjoy it and hopefully he will be a great asset to Leicester, as he will potentially form the new Centre Back couple with co-Swede Nils-Eric "Nisse" Johansson.

And maybe he can reach out to be as big as the last Swede who played for Leicester, the great Pontus KÃ¥mark.

Patrik Gerrbrand – Career Stats:

Length: 187 cm

Weight: 81 kilos

Born: 27 April 1981

First club: Älvsjö AIK

Last five seasons in Hammarby IF, Sweden:

Season 2005: 13 matches 0 goals

Season 2004: 25 matches 1 goal

Season 2003: 15 matches 1 goal

Season 2001: 4 matches 0 goals

Season 2000: 5 matches 0 goals

Gustav Gelin”

The Foxes Trust would like to thank Gustav for giving all City fans this analysis

source

Hello forte and welcome. What can you tell us about Gerrbrand?

- Is he quick on the ball, whats his passing like - he says both are good.

- Does he get injured much?

- Whats his covering play like?

- Does he usually drop back during corners and free kicks or does he try and get in the box for headers?

- How consistent is his play? Does he play at a level week in week out or is it a few good matches and then not noticable?

- Is he agressive at all and does he get booked often?

- Is he a leader type or more a follower?

Sorry to ask so many questions - always good to get some info from people who have seen him though...

:o)

138561[/snapback]

Honestly, id say hes quite allround. He won't be considered as a slow defender, but from what ive seen hes not extremely pacy either. So - his speed is average.

His passing ability is good, and as he said in the interview, he wont be hitting any long balls if there is a better option. Good vision, good tackling ability, although not too agile or composed with the ball if he is under pressure.

I dont know wheather he stays back at offensive or not, but apparently he has scored two goals in 52 appearences for Hammarby.

From what ive heard from my mates (Hammarby fans) he has been very consistent since breaking into the senior team in the fall of 2003.

Not very aggressive, and maybe that is something he needs to improve at Leicester. Definatley not a leader - id say Nils-Eric is a bit sharper in that area.

He is okay in the air and quite brave, wont hesitate in a 50/50 situation.

It will be very interesting to see how it goes for Patrik at Leicester. We have to remember that he has only featured regularly in Hammarby for about 2 seasons (inlcuding this one) which isnt that much if you're 24 and is a defender in the swedish top-flight. But then again, he has been impressing with the U21 squad against several top national teams in Europe, like Spain.

So, in my opinion, i think he will be a good acquisition for you, and hopefully he will fit in with all the other players.

A question from me: What will Lilian Nalis offer the Blades midfield? Some Unitedites are hoping that he is the new Stuart McCall, but I guess that is too much to expect from this frenchman?

Hello forte and welcome. What can you tell us about Gerrbrand?

- Is he quick on the ball, whats his passing like - he says both are good.

- Does he get injured much?

- Whats his covering play like?

- Does he usually drop back during corners and free kicks or does he try and get in the box for headers?

- How consistent is his play? Does he play at a level week in week out or is it a few good matches and then not noticable?

- Is he agressive at all and does he get booked often?

- Is he a leader type or more a follower?

Sorry to ask so many questions - always good to get some info from people who have seen him though...

:o)

138561[/snapback]

Honestly, id say hes quite allround. He won't be considered as a slow defender, but from what ive seen hes not extremely pacy either. So - his speed is average.

His passing ability is good, and as he said in the interview, he wont be hitting any long balls if there is a better option. Good vision, good tackling ability, although not too agile or composed with the ball if he is under pressure.

I dont know wheather he stays back at offensive or not, but apparently he has scored two goals in 52 appearences for Hammarby.

From what ive heard from my mates (Hammarby fans) he has been very consistent since breaking into the senior team in the fall of 2003.

Not very aggressive, and maybe that is something he needs to improve at Leicester. Definatley not a leader - id say Nils-Eric is a bit sharper in that area.

He is okay in the air and quite brave, wont hesitate in a 50/50 situation.

It will be very interesting to see how it goes for Patrik at Leicester. We have to remember that he has only featured regularly in Hammarby for about 2 seasons (inlcuding this one) which isnt that much if you're 24 and is a defender in the swedish top-flight. But then again, he has been impressing with the U21 squad against several top national teams in Europe, like Spain.

So, in my opinion, i think he will be a good acquisition for you, and hopefully he will fit in with all the other players.

A question from me: What will Lilian Nalis offer the Blades midfield? Some Unitedites are hoping that he is the new Stuart McCall, but I guess that is too much to expect from this frenchman?

138827[/snapback]

that depends who you ask, personally i never really rated him but had nothing against him either, he is a honest hard worker, you cant really ask for more than that

I thought Nalis came up with some absolutely sublime passing at times and hes got a pretty good long range strike on him...

bit old which is why we released him I guess, can't believe he joined the blades, no offense but I #### hate Sheffield United.. Neil Warnock is a **** and a half...

I guess Warnock is the reason why so many dislikes us. But hey, when everything comes around he is just passionate about his own team, a team he supported as a kid. If i was a manager for Sheffield United or AIK i guess people would have the same kind of thoughts about me as they have about Warnock - its difficult to neutral when you're emotionally involved.

But, hehe, then again, i know what you all mean. He really can be a bastard sometimes, and probably he is the reason why a couple of players have refused to join us the last few years...

I guess Warnock is the reason why so many dislikes us. But hey, when everything comes around he is just passionate about his own team, a team he supported as a kid. If i was a manager for Sheffield United or AIK i guess people would have the same kind of thoughts about me as they have about Warnock - its difficult to neutral when you're emotionally involved.

But, hehe, then again, i know what you all mean. He really can be a bastard sometimes, and probably he is the reason why a couple of players have refused to join us the last few years...

138963[/snapback]

so im guessin your a sheff utd fan? i kinda like neil warnock

138963[/snapback]

i don't have a problem with sheff utd, but i have disliked warnock for many years! since he was at notts county in fact

The Sun newspaper says today that we sign Gerrbrand for £250,000

138990[/snapback]

Then it is fact.

Murdoch hath spoken.

138998[/snapback]

:rolleyes:;)

to be fair though, the suns' sport is usually pretty accurate

138990[/snapback]

Hmm, that sounds like bull to me, cause Patrik himself said in an interview with Hammarby fansite Söderst@dion (http://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/bajen/artikel.asp?id=28151)

yesterday that:

"When I signed my new contract with Hammarby (May 31) we made an agreement of an exit payment. Two dirrenent sums and if they would get a bid between those sums they would have to let me go. Then they get a bid from Leicester, which from the start already was higher than the lowest sum we set up between us, but the club chooses to negotiate about the price, and I can go with that. That's not a problem, and the club got the price up as high as they could, and got much more money than my exit sum was and what they had expected to get for me".

And Hammarby had earlier said (in the media though, not official) that they turned the first Leicester bid down, and it was 4 million SEK, which is approx £300 000.

/gustav

138990[/snapback]

Hmm, that sounds like bull to me, cause Patrik himself said in an interview with Hammarby fansite Söderst@dion (http://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/bajen/artikel.asp?id=28151)

yesterday that:

"When I signed my new contract with Hammarby (May 31) we made an agreement of an exit payment. Two dirrenent sums and if they would get a bid between those sums they would have to let me go. Then they get a bid from Leicester, which from the start already was higher than the lowest sum we set up between us, but the club chooses to negotiate about the price, and I can go with that. That's not a problem, and the club got the price up as high as they could, and got much more money than my exit sum was and what they had expected to get for me".

And Hammarby had earlier said (in the media though, not official) that they turned the first Leicester bid down, and it was 4 million SEK, which is approx £300 000.

/gustav

139046[/snapback]

where did we get our money from?

138963[/snapback]

I think it's possible to be passionate about your team without being such a twat.. the man moans like theres no tomorrow - it's not like it ever gets him anywhere and he'll go and blame defeats on things like poor refereeing all the time, his team never loses because they've played crap, there's always some other reason for a bad performance with him..

138990[/snapback]

yesterday that:

/gustav

139046[/snapback]

where did we get our money from?

139048[/snapback]

Stewart and Heath I'd imagine.

Archived