Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

Beginning of the end ?

he just didnt talk to the press last time he was here, like he does now . for him to even utter the slightest weakness worries me . he just isn't like that normally . he shouldnt have answered . he'll be telling us the board are backing him next !

Perhaps he's learning that the press have a job to do and, if so, that's +1 to him.

I've mentioned in the past that Pearson is still learning his trade as a manager. Now instead of over-cautious robotic football he's provided us with a far more positive side that has shown itself quite capable of playing some excellent football against any opposition.

He now needs to be given the time and patience to finish the first part of his job and turn that good football into victories. l

We'll do that by becoming ruthless, attending to small things and perhaps by signing a respected player like Heskey who knows what it's like to be a winner at a decent level because that kind of thing matters.

When I talk about ruthlessness I look again to our lack of accuracy and imagination from set plays. I've not checked the stats but we must be one of the worst in the League at getting strikes on goal from corners or free-kicks.

Yet far too often we aimlessly play the same kind of balls in, and that's down to the coaching. It is something i've referred to time and again over recent seasons yet - although an absolutely vital skill and a potential dozen goals a season - we've still not improved despite the fact that those 12 goals might well make the diffference between finishing inside or outside the top six,

Another aspect is to get players consistently hitting the target more. This is partly technique, partly mentality and partly self-belief but achieving an improvement should be bread and butter for the coaches.

Far too many shots are flying high because players are not getting over the ball and staying as still as possible. They are going for power instead of accuracy. King is one of the few players we have who can be relied on to hit the target with an acceptable percentage of shots, whether they go in or not and he does this by staying calm,. thinking quickly where he wants to put the ball and having sound enough technique to deliver.

Another flaw, like our free-kicks, is that we're far too predictable with our final or next to final pass. Too often it is hit to an area rather than a specific player and that has to stop. Arsenal are a great example of a team which plays with purpose in every phase and especially when trying to pierce a packed defence,

They don't panic, they don't resort to hopeful balls into a general area but try to find a specific target quickly.

We've got to do the same...keep stretching opposing defences, keep playing the ball to feet, keep turning defenders and keep trying to draw an individual or positional mistake by continually asking specific questions.

As it stands if we float 30 crosses into the box only a handful will be won because we're not the biggest side aerially and our chances of having more than the odd worthwhile header on goal - especially when lacking a natural near-post attacker - are negligible.

None of the above suggests we're not good enough - just that we need to think more clearly and be ruthless enough to get the very best out of what we have.

There are other things of course, relating to other parts of the pitch, but even tackling what I mention should result in better returns and greater confidence.

Swansea's start under Rodgers 2010-11. Look at their results from their first home and away games, and notice the similarity?

7 August 2010 Hull City 2 – 0 Swansea City Kingston upon Hull [show]

14 August 2010 Swansea City 4 – 0 Preston North End Swansea [show]

21 August 2010 Norwich City 2 – 0 Swansea City Norwich [show]

28 August 2010 Swansea City 1 – 0 Burnley Swansea [show]

11 September 2010 Leeds United 2 – 1 Swansea City Leeds [show]

14 September 2010 Swansea City 2 – 1 Coventry City Swansea [show]

18 September 2010 Swansea City 2 – 0 Scunthorpe United Swansea [show]

25 September 2010 Nottingham Forest 3 – 1 Swansea City Nottingham [show]

28 September 2010 Watford 2 – 3 Swansea City Watford [show

Lost first three away games, won first four home like we could do come next sunday. That was followed by an away win in their next game.

We're capable of doing the same.

I like your point here, in the Championship you really got to look to win your home games and be prepared that you could lose any of your away games. It shows a more promising consistency we haven't had any unexpected results in the league this season like we did last season for example home to Bristol, Millwall etc.

We have lost to two teams relagated from the prem, unbeaten in the league at home after 5 games In which we have found the net every game

EVERYONE PANIC

i think yoy forgot that the teams that got relegated and we lost to are very poor teams and should have got a draw at least from those 2 . not panicing but this is not good enough and we look no better than a mid to lower football team in this leagu and some fans need to wake up to this

I like your point here, in the Championship you really got to look to win your home games and be prepared that you could lose any of your away games. It shows a more promising consistency we haven't had any unexpected results in the league this season like we did last season for example home to Bristol, Millwall etc.

just had a butchers at swanseas squad that year has some players i would of like us to sign for sure

You mean this right?

http://www.telegraph...tch-report.html

“The reality is we have had three defeats away from home,†Pearson said. “There’s not an awful lot wrong but we have to start producing winning situations more often - and we will do. “Will the owners show patience? I hope so, there’s not a great deal wrong. We don’t have the points we should at the minute but I’m not a big believer in playing the unlucky card.

“My remit is still to get us up and that will always be the same - that’s what we expect ourselves.

Oh really???

I've said the same on TB this evening; in my view Pearson is almost finished. He needs the side so go on a hell of a run to even equal the points total managed by Eriksson when he was sacked. I don't see it happening. There are some good managers with relatively recent history of winning this division who are available and would fancy a crack at this job with the resources available. The owners are probably having conversations with 'third parties' already.

Is there a thread that you're not gonna troll on tonight? lol

Idiots like you are ten a penny. How long have you been watching us play? Sweet f--- all. So try and grow up, and stop calling people who don't agree with you, trolls

You sonny, who was never there, is the Troll. Grow up, and shut your sad little mouth.

Idiots like you are ten a penny. How long have you been watching us play? Sweet f--- all. So try and grow up, and stop calling people who don't agree with you, trolls

You sonny, who was never there, is the Troll. Grow up, and shut your sad little mouth.

Bit harsh DT.... I think FoxFanazer was making a tongue in cheek comment to be fair.

lol

lol how long have you been watching us play? Sweet f*** all? lol just one of the things wrong with that post. Nice one grandad ;)

Even I'm not falling for that. :dry:

Well I am not going to argue. I am getting tired of saying it, but if you are, and I know you are pro Pearson, then good for you, but please allow those of us who disagree, the right to say to say so, without being slagged off.

People who do so will always get a similar response. I am a great believer in democracy. We have always had our differences, but I will always respect your views, as long as you respect mine.

Thus, let us agree to disagree, and respect one another.

So he's worse than Ian Holloway, Gary Megson, Peter Taylor, Paulo Sousa and Rob Kelly? If you don't like him, fair enough, but there are far more obvious candidates out there for worst manager of Leicester City than the man who took us from our lowest ebb to the brink of Premier League football in two seasons.

So he's worse than Ian Holloway, Gary Megson, Peter Taylor, Paulo Sousa and Rob Kelly? If you don't like him, fair enough, but there are far more obvious candidates out there for worst manager of Leicester City than the man who took us from our lowest ebb to the brink of Premier League football in two seasons.

I hope that you grow old enough to be called Grandad. I take that as a compliment.

So, tell me how long you have supported us. Amaze me! lol lol lol Kids! lol:thumbdown::crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Haha this is fun :) as somebody has already alluded to, just because you're old doesn't mean you know anything about football or that your point is more valid than us youngsters.

Look its not the fact you don't like Pearson or the current crop of players l, that's fine, but both are the worst you've seen in 52 years? Seriously?

Whether you like Pearson or not the one thing I think we can all agree on is that chopping and changing the manager every October is no recipe for success. If you sack Pearson now you're expecting an awful lot of anyone coming in to be able to adapt the existing squad to 'their' way of playing, whilst all the while being hamstrng by the transfer window and wanting to bring in their 'own' players (al-la Pearson last season).

Personally I was quite surprised that we re-appointed Pearson last year but as he's here I think we've got to give him the full season to see what he can do (whether the Thai's see it that way remains to be seen). Changing now would be another massive gamble.

Archived