Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Loan deals are not a priority Nigel Pearson

So Pearson is happy with his squad! Just how bad do we have to be before he becomes unhappy?

Well, he's almost "earned" his two million a year salary, so I suppose he must be happy.

Yes, great manager tactic. Slag off the players you've signed.

Get it done Nige, big interview in the Mercury.

Nobody is using an excuse of it not being his team. But it is a fairly new team and I'm not going to sentence it to the rubbish bin after 5 games. Especially when we've been alright in those 5 games the majority of time barring some feck ups.

13 games, but I said he should have had longer

But slagged me of to death for saying that as well :flowers:

But slagged me of to death for saying that as well :flowers:

Really, would like you to find where I did that.

You got "slagged" for being rather hypocritical in terms of what seemingly was ok for Sven, was not ok for Pearson.

That's in the past though, and I think your posting in the last week or so has been quite removed from how I believe you used to post

So Pearson is happy with his squad! Just how bad do we have to be before he becomes unhappy?

Well, he's almost "earned" his two million a year salary, so I suppose he must be happy.

We haven't performed badly at all so far this season, bar an absolutely shite performance against Burton by a load of fringe players and a rubbish first half against Wolves.

I suppose dominating every game from start to finish for the whole season is the only acceptable way forward?

Do you work for the club?

My comment was in answer to 'We haven't performed badly at all so far this season' which was, imo, wrong.

Why do you seem to want to balance every negative comment with a positive one?

Wouldn't expect him to say anything else. Both the players and the owners must be on the edge confidence wise, saying he needs new players now might just break it forever. We do need new players though if we are going to challenge for promotion. The excuses seem inexhaustible but the table doesn't lie.

My comment was in answer to 'We haven't performed badly at all so far this season' which was, imo, wrong.

You should have quoted then.

Why do you seem to want to balance every negative comment with a positive one?

Because otherwise all the misery guts on here will just go unchallenged.

You should have quoted then.

Because otherwise all the misery guts on here will just go unchallenged.

I'm hoping Pearson does the sensible thing and gets N'Gotty in on loan, to replace your mate (Morgan).

Im not sure whether Kishishev is still playing too? He could sit off the back four to provide some defensive solidity from the midfield?

:trumpet:

Sorry, couldnt resist...

Really disagree with Pearson's idea on this.

We need some loan signings, we only have 22 players, 19 which are fully fit.

Our depth is basically shit, and we need to add 2-3 players just to get the numbers up.

The problem is they won't even make the bench, I'd imagine his view will be get them in when you need them.

Really disagree with Pearson's idea on this.

We need some loan signings, we only have 22 players, 19 which are fully fit.

Our depth is basically shit, and we need to add 2-3 players just to get the numbers up.

I have it on good authority he will only sign more players when you take Waghorn off your victims list. True story.

Reading lost 11.... 4 of which were in the first 7 games

Saints Lost 10

West Ham Lost 8

Reading lost more games than everyone except Blackpool (same number) in the top 6 and won the league. They lost two more than Cardiff and finished 14 points ahead.

Thanks for that Babs.

To me this is a really critical factor in the decision making of when to change manager ......

Let's say 10 games is the most we can lose all season and be promoted .... if we lose tonight we've used up half of that allocation, in the first month of the campaign ..... are we confident that the current manager (who has only strung back to back wins together once / twice??) will only lose 5 more all season..... or do we believe that we stand a better chance of that happening with a new man??

That's the question I'd be asking if I was Chairman.

Thanks for that Babs.

To me this is a really critical factor in the decision making of when to change manager ......

Let's say 10 games is the most we can lose all season and be promoted .... if we lose tonight we've used up half of that allocation, in the first month of the campaign ..... are we confident that the current manager (who has only strung back to back wins together once / twice??) will only lose 5 more all season..... or do we believe that we stand a better chance of that happening with a new man??

That's the question I'd be asking if I was Chairman.

Four out of ten isn't half though is it?

That ain't gonna happen, unless Mark_w turns on him.

Mark_w is not a real person it is just a phoney account Nigel Pearson set up when he returned to Leicester to try and influence his opinions and ideas on Foxestalk members

Do you not think he's just saying it's not a priority publicly as a way of backing his players at a time when confidence is possibly pretty low ??

I'm sure he's always on the look out to improve the team but at a time when the next 2 games are so crucial to the team and his job personly he really does have no alternative but to come out with this!! Yes he has his faults but i for one think this is actually good man management

Archived