Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Loan deals are not a priority Nigel Pearson

Merc

Nigel Pearson is not actively looking to bolster his Leicester City squad with loan signings.

The City boss said he was happy with the quality of his squad, despite a disappointing start to the campaign.

He is confident he has the players who can ensure a promotion challenge, although he would not completely rule out any deals.

City were yesterday linked with a loan move for Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones, who has fallen down the pecking order at the Britannia Stadium.

"I am not necessarily looking to bring anyone in," said Pearson.

"I think we have the players in the squad who can make us successful, and we have been quite fortunate with injuries also.

"But I would not rule out bringing in players if we needed to."

City received an injury boost yesterday when scans revealed that Andy King's hamstring injury, which forced him off in the first half of Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Wolves at Molineux, is not as bad as first feared.

The Wales international will definitely miss tonight's visit of Burnley (7.45) and is a major doubt for Sunday's clash against Hull at the King Power Stadium, but Pearson said King would not be out for as long as they initially thought.

Defender Zak Whitbread could also be involved in the squad for the visit of the Clarets, while midfielder Richie Wellens is on course to return in the next couple of weeks after undergoing knee surgery last season.

"The scan results (on King) were better than expected, but we'll see how he goes in the next couple of days," said Pearson.

"I think we will have him back sooner rather than later. I suppose one of the positives from Sunday was that, although we lost him to an injury, we caught it quickly enough.

"Matty James went on and did a good job so we have some good cover. Neil Danns will also come into the squad.

"You have to deal with injuries sometimes but, hopefully, it will not be a long-term one.

"Zak and Richie are coming along well and they will both be back in contention very soon. That is good news for us.

"We have been a little bit unfortunate with some of our results and Sunday's game was frustrating, but we do feel there are a lot of positives in our performances, and with players becoming available now it gives us a shot in the arm."

I really disagree with this. We really need to get LB in on loan to provide a bit of competition for the complacent Konchesky, if he realises his place is under threat and he can't just walk into the first team, he might buck his ideas up a bit. Terrible so far this season, apart from his goal against Wolves.

I really disagree with this. We really need to get LB in on loan to provide a bit of competition for the complacent Konchesky, if he realises his place is under threat and he can't just walk into the first team, he might buck his ideas up a bit. Terrible so far this season, apart from his goal against Wolves.

Totally agree, he hasn't been good this season and I quite like the idea of dropping a player when he hasn't been good. Our reserve LB seems to be Schlupp right now and I'm not entirely sure if he'd be able to do a good job if called upon (he did play fairly well against Blackpool though).

Make that both Konch and De Leat. Really not impressed with the pair of them, our squad doesn't have enought depth to compete with the top championship teams, this could be another mediocre season when it needn't be!

Yeah! Panic, let's go and sign some bottom-half premier league rejects that will come and and be just as bad. We lost to Blackburn and Wolves! We MUST be doomed for relegation....

I think i will be closing my account for this forum, as i really cant be botherd with all the negativity about : Players not being good enough, manager not playing right tactics, manager not signing players. Im pretty sure the city players and managers made it pro because they know alot more about football than some of the idiots on here who think they are Roberto Manchini or something!

Well Nigel they bloody well should be a priority because the players you have got now are not good enough to get promotion.

Neither were the ones he inherited if we are going off the first 5 games they play... and he's had to trim the squad considerably.

He's had plenty of time and backing to bring his own players in and are we any better for it ?

I'll tell you once we have played 15 games.... the fact we have been a whisker from picking up points in every league game, have played quite well, and the fact if we won tonight we would go 7th. This leads me to deduce we may not actually be the utter shambles some people would have us believe.

He's had plenty of time and backing to bring his own players in and are we any better for it ?

Wouldn't say he's had a great amount of time so far. And have I missed something re: backing? Hasn't he more or less balanced the books when it comes to transfers?

He's had 2 transfer windows and 2 or 3 loan windows, just how much time do you want to give him.

The excuse that this isn't his side id dead and buried.

How long did Sven get with 'his team'?

13 games, which is 8 more than Pearson has had.

He's had 2 transfer windows and 2 or 3 loan windows, just how much time do you want to give him.

The excuse that this isn't his side id dead and buried.

Nobody is using an excuse of it not being his team. But it is a fairly new team and I'm not going to sentence it to the rubbish bin after 5 games. Especially when we've been alright in those 5 games the majority of time barring some feck ups.

How long did Sven get with 'his team'?

13 games, but I said he should have had longer

13 games, which is 8 more than Pearson has had.

I don't know the answer to this and it's not a loaded question .....

It may not be how many games a manager is allowed before time is called, it's how many losses??

A promotion winning side losses how many in a season?? 7-8?? If you've got to 3 in the first 5 games that's not looking great??

A promotion winning side losses how many in a season?? 7-8?? If you've got to 3 in the first 5 games that's not looking great??

Reading lost 11.... 4 of which were in the first 7 games

Saints Lost 10

West Ham Lost 8

Reading lost more games than everyone except Blackpool (same number) in the top 6 and won the league. They lost two more than Cardiff and finished 14 points ahead.

Archived