Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Dilemma for Sunday.

Now I know we get people on here thinking theyre hilarious when theyre not so im not expecting a dead serious debate here, but at least feel me for my plight...

The missis' grandmothers 70th birthday tomorrow. The missis' mother and stepfather have travelled uo from Caerphilly to stop at our house this weekend.Originally we were off out for a meal on the Saturday which got changed to the Sunday at 12pm in Hathern. There are about 20-30 people going.

I am driving the in laws and missis over to the meal where about 2pm I'd do one. Because none of the in laws drive I was happy to pay for a taxi to get them from hathern to my house. However the missis grandmother is expecting us to all head over to her house in donington afterwards.

Now the grandmother and future mother in law have never been that enamoured with me anyway, and they certainly haven't a clue about football fans. The chances of all the family finishing the meal and got my car load over to donington before 2pm is zero.

I have missed 4 home games in 3 seasons, a stag do, being in Sheffield at a gig, working in Liverpool and the other was only the Burton cup game so wasnt bothered. So it will positively kill me being so close to leicester but not able to get to the game. Had this be a dilemma with my side of the family, knowing how mad I am on city theyd not mind me going no questions asked. And I'd not hesitate to go either though it could be a bit cuntish shooting off from the meal whilst everyone is still sat down. Plus the other cars going will already be full.

Sympathies and ideas from fellow football fans please.

It's not even like not going to the game will enable me to watch super Sunday either

I could ring the restaurant and cancel the meal!

It's all about what the misses thinks.

Though she hates football and is from Derby (couldnt get much worse) she understands how I feel about going to the games. All shes asking is if were not all finished in time then for me not to go. But u know that 1. Noone will be finished in time and 2. I'll be sat there finished anyway cos I wolf my food down.

Sitting there watching others have a conversation between each mouthful whilst I know I'll be.missing the game will get my blood boiling

Openly flirt with the barmaid then clear off for a few hours and pay the barmaid for the time off, reappear after the game with your clothes all over the place and your thundies on the wrong way round. Nudge your missus and say 'your next'

Great plan and the missus would never guess you went down the KP.... ;0)

Cancel the booking and pick one of these instead,

http://iota.ecommzone.com/lz/LCFC/006V8S/064cc377d06648c008c0db30454449ab21/story3.htm

it'll cost you few bob but hey desperate times call for desperate measures.

Cracking idea Davie G though haven't the money for that. Plus it'd kill me not being where (any) atmosphere is

Openly flirt with the barmaid then clear off for a few hours and pay the barmaid for the time off, reappear after the game with your clothes all over the place and your thundies on the wrong way round. Nudge your missus and say 'your next'

Great plan and the missus would never guess you went down the KP.... ;0)

Best one so far!!

Cracking idea Davie G though haven't the money for that. Plus it'd kill me not being where (any) atmosphere is

How many of there are you? perhaps hire an empty box or two again will cost you but you could spend the whole match on the balcony and having done so myself you get a completely different view of the atmosphere, I swear it sounds better after all I was there for the 3-0 defeat to Millwall.

Make an effort and stay at the meal. Specially if the mother in-law is not so keen on you already it won't improve her opinion of you if you shoot off.

You might not like missing a game but it will probably be the only game you miss this season.

Take a little radio with you and listen to Radio Leicester during the meal (preferably using earphones)

Make an effort and stay at the meal. Specially if the mother in-law is not so keen on you already it won't improve her opinion of you if you shoot off.

You might not like missing a game but it will probably be the only game you miss this season.

Thats what any level headed none footballing fan would do I know.

Burton away in the friendly I drove back from London and headed back down there the next day instead of lodging over. Thats how crackers I am.

I dont want her to dislike me, but when it's something I'd happily do if it was my family why shouldnt it apply to her family?

Basically if you go to the football match you'll piss her off, if you miss the match you'll get pissed off.

It depends what is more important to you, her being pissed off or you being pissed off, and how quickly each of you will get over it.

If she's the sort to give you the cold shoulder on Sunday night then by Monday will be ok, then I'd probably go to the match and then take her out somewhere nice to make up for it.

If she is the grudge holding, make your life hell for a week type, and make you grovel for forgiveness it probably isn't worth it.

Likewise, will you get over it quickly, or will you be a miserable git for the rest of the time you are with her and her family and have the hump for the rest of the week, especially if it ends up being that 5-0 stuffing we keep on threatening to dish out.

If you do go, and we do lose, then she will be pissed off and so will you, and you will probably have a blazing row on Sunday night.

It's a tough one, basically if you go be prepared for some grief and making up to do, if you stay make sure she realises why you stayed, even though you really wanted to go, and that you did it for her, so she can't complain the next time you are off all weekend on a big away day.

Go for the meal. Wait until you're all sat down and given menus. Then stand up, and at the very top of your lungs, shout a continual foul-mouthed football chant medley until you are ejected from the restaurant. On the way out, shout "No Pukka Pies? No Pukking thanks" - drop your trousers AND pants* so you will not be let back in. Leave for the match immediately, and tell the lot of them you'll pick them up when you're good and ready. Alternatively they can taxi it. But you offered, that's the important part.

*why not urinate also? In for a penny, in for a pound.

Basically if you go to the football match you'll piss her off, if you miss the match you'll get pissed off.

It depends what is more important to you, her being pissed off or you being pissed off, and how quickly each of you will get over it.

If she's the sort to give you the cold shoulder on Sunday night then by Monday will be ok, then I'd probably go to the match and then take her out somewhere nice to make up for it.

If she is the grudge holding, make your life hell for a week type, and make you grovel for forgiveness it probably isn't worth it.

Likewise, will you get over it quickly, or will you be a miserable git for the rest of the time you are with her and her family and have the hump for the rest of the week, especially if it ends up being that 5-0 stuffing we keep on threatening to dish out.

If you do go, and we do lose, then she will be pissed off and so will you, and you will probably have a blazing row on Sunday night.

It's a tough one, basically if you go be prepared for some grief and making up to do, if you stay make sure she realises why you stayed, even though you really wanted to go, and that you did it for her, so she can't complain the next time you are off all weekend on a big away day.

A good sense of perspective there. The thing is without wanting to be I would be thoroughly miserable the rest of the day and if we did thrash them id be a **** all week.

Ok - so you have to get out of the meal/being a taxi driver but not let the family on that's what you are doing. You're Mrs will be more pissed off if her folks are pissed off at you...so fine she might know what you are up to but as long as the rest of the family dont then you'll be ok...

Why don't you get a mate to call you at 1:30 pretending there is a "family emergency"?? On your side of the family of course...say you've had to rush off home cause old nanny flo has fallen over or something!

I'm assuming that you are a season ticket holder, explain to the misses and the in laws that you have to go to the game because it would be a waste of money not to as you have paid x amout on the season ticket, and in these econmic times you cannot afford not to go. If they complain, on the way home from the game buy a lot of alcohol for them to drink say you feel really bad about missing the meal and then present them with the alcohol.

Ok - so you have to get out of the meal/being a taxi driver but not let the family on that's what you are doing. You're Mrs will be more pissed off if her folks are pissed off at you...so fine she might know what you are up to but as long as the rest of the family dont then you'll be ok...

Why don't you get a mate to call you at 1:30 pretending there is a "family emergency"?? On your side of the family of course...say you've had to rush off home cause old nanny flo has fallen over or something!

That's a good point, from what you have said your lass will only be pissed off with you if you upset her family, if they think you have something very important to do they will understand, and as long as your bird is in on it, and not being lied to, she won't be pissed off with you.

But by trying to get her in on the deception, you could be blowing your chances completely of getting out of it.

My ex was normally a good sport with things like this but, whenever I upset her mum, which wasn't that often, she was a nightmare, but she knew that it was best to lie to her mum than force me to go out with them when I'm in a bit of a mood.

A good sense of perspective there. The thing is without wanting to be I would be thoroughly miserable the rest of the day and if we did thrash them id be a **** all week.

That is what I was thinking, and then you would be more likely to upset her folks.

Archived