Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Dilemma for Sunday.

lol lol just do it. If you can live with her being a dick about it for a few days (which lets face it, she probably would be if you don't go, knowing how women are) then go and play the full 90 in your match and then head down to the KP. As for the in-laws, if they're a bit wary of you already then it's already an uphill struggle. Just go and lavish her and them when you're back.

Ok im going to get serious for a moment.

Its all well and good being a die hard city fan and wanting to go to every game ( been there done that got the t-shirt), but it beggers belief to me that as a soon to be married man , who isnt already well thought of by the future in-laws. you'd be looking to try and dodge what seems to be an important family meal where people are travelling a fair distance to be at. Its only one game and so what if you are not going to get kudos for being there as its expected of you to be there, you SHOULD be there. If the Mrs knows how important Football is to you, then SHE will be grateful, and thats the main thing right? Sometimes you have to do things for the other half that would mean more to them then it would do to you. You get to go to most other games right so she realises how important footy it is to you? Sounds like you have a very understanding Mrs and that understanding has to be replicated by you every now and then.

Every now and then you have to miss games. It was hard for me to do that at first... but a handy little radio and headphones helped!

Go to the meal, and go with a smile on your face. This is going to sound very offensive but it isnt meant to be..... its time to grow up. :thumbup:

Its all well and good being a die hard city fan and wanting to go to every game ( been there done that got the t-shirt), but it beggers belief to me that as a soon to be married man , who isnt already well thought of by the future in-laws. you'd be looking to try and dodge what seems to be an important family meal where people are travelling a fair distance to be at. Its only one game and so what if you are not going to get kudos for being there as its expected of you to be there, you SHOULD be there. If the Mrs knows how important Football is to you, then SHE will be grateful, and thats the main thing right? Sometimes you have to do things for the other half that would mean more to them then it would do to you. You get to go to most other games right so she realises how important footy it is to you? Sounds like you have a very understanding Mrs and that understanding has to be replicated by you every now and then.

Every now and then you have to miss games. It was hard for me to do that at first... but a handy little radio and headphones helped!

Go to the meal, and go with a smile on your face. This is going to sound very offensive but it isnt meant to be..... its time to grow up. :thumbup:

Know what youre saying though though my missus hasn't made an effort seeing her grandmother 10mile away so why now?

Again I know it sounds chavvy but I dont care what they think of me, especially when they dont 'get' football. Nor do I care about the kudos about going. I just want to go. It's the one thing I do with the lads instead of going out on the town at weekends.

I know there are more important things in life than football through something thats happening with my dad right now, but even then he'd know and expect me to go.

.it's funny with women, if id decided not to go on weds just gone id have got a bollocking for wasting my money on a ST im not even using!

Know what youre saying though though my missus hasn't made an effort seeing her grandmother 10mile away so why now?

Again I know it sounds chavvy but I dont care what they think of me, especially when they dont 'get' football. Nor do I care about the kudos about going. I just want to go. It's the one thing I do with the lads instead of going out on the town at weekends.

I know there are more important things in life than football through something thats happening with my dad right now, but even then he'd know and expect me to go.

.it's funny with women, if id decided not to go on weds just gone id have got a bollocking for wasting my money on a ST im not even using!

Im sorry to hear things are happening with your dad- yes, family is more important than football...

You can always sell your ticket to people who would be happy to buy a cheap ticket for the game.

Don't grow up Stu I tried it once and it's very over rated. You sound to me like a man who really isn't looking forward to the meal with the outlaws. Only you know how much grief you will get if you go to the game instead so you have to weigh that up against missing the game.

There are some things more important than football so you have to decide if a sunday lunch meal is one of them. (the correct answer is NO).

Act like a martyr & tell your missus that you'll go to the meal & miss the match because although the footie is your passion, she is the love of your life & your no 1 priority. Mention this at least x20 times within one hour & then mention that one good deed deserves another a present a list of sexual favours that you deserve in return & isn't great that you can spend so much time together...........this normally does the trick for me & I get permission to go...........worse case, you get some action. If none of that works, just start crying in public. Good luck!

I tell my Mrs whats what and so should you! Our anniversary happened to fall on Brighton away last season so I took the executive decision to take her on a weekend away to Brighton, I didn't miss the football and she got a weekend away. I've missed plenty of family events because of the football and I've told her plenty of times she can like it or lump it, now her family know and expect me not to be there if it's a match day. However I do make up for it in the summer when there's no games, be a man, tell her grandma and mother in law to fackkk off.

The problem is he is going to be in a mood and distracted at the meal, which anybody would be, and that is not going to endear him to his future in laws, whereas if he knows he is going he will be chirpy and happy while he is there, albeit for a shorter period, but what is better to spend a few hours in a bad mood with the in laws, or one hour in a good mood.

Although for the good of Leicester he shouldn't go, because if he does we will play shit and lose, he will be in a bad mood anyway, and then when he gets back his missus will say was it worth it, then he'll tell her to **** off, and a big argument.

Whereas if he is at the meal, we will definitely win comfortably, it's sod's law.

Stu, is there anyone else who can drive your car? This way you can give them your keys and you can get a taxi to the ground, therefore not having to worry about parking and can set off later, I don't know if this would be cheaper than a taxi to ferry he in-laws around.

it amazes me how many guys have become women - this thread is like something out of cosmpolitan. i would tell her that i was going and i would go, probably wouldn't even bother going to the meal either. i guess you need the swag to pull this kind of attitude off though.

i probably wouldn't need to do this though, because football isn't that important to me!

it amazes me how many guys have become women - this thread is like something out of cosmpolitan. i would tell her that i was going and i would go, probably wouldn't even bother going to the meal either. i guess you need the swag to pull this kind of attitude off though.

i probably wouldn't need to do this though, because football isn't that important to me!

Swag? lol

The problem is he is going to be in a mood and distracted at the meal, which anybody would be, and that is not going to endear him to his future in laws, whereas if he knows he is going he will be chirpy and happy while he is there, albeit for a shorter period, but what is better to spend a few hours in a bad mood with the in laws, or one hour in a good mood.

Although for the good of Leicester he shouldn't go, because if he does we will play shit and lose, he will be in a bad mood anyway, and then when he gets back his missus will say was it worth it, then he'll tell her to **** off, and a big argument.

Whereas if he is at the meal, we will definitely win comfortably, it's sod's law.

Stu, is there anyone else who can drive your car? This way you can give them your keys and you can get a taxi to the ground, therefore not having to worry about parking and can set off later, I don't know if this would be cheaper than a taxi to ferry he in-laws around.

I was thinkin about my mother but I cant see her helping me in my endeavor

You should go to the game. You've made one sacrifice by only playing part of your morning game, you are showing commitment by going to the main part of the day, so I think 2 positives outweigh the one possible negative.

The "I've paid for the ticket so need to use it" argument is the most valid one. They can't really argue with that.

only one answer, do both. go to the meal, leave at two and arrange for a taxi to take them on. That way you've done your bit and get to the game anyway - it's only fair and they couldn't complain. you could sweeten things up in the evening by giving the outlaws/grandmother a bunch of flowers each, they'll love that. ( about £3 from a garage!)

see, everbody/s happy.

Well I am sure you will all be delighted to know that I will be in the far north of Scotland for the next week!

Before anyone else it, no, I will not stay there.

Have a nice quiet week folks, and let's hope we can win against Hull.

Will you have internet access? ( :fc:)

Can't believe how selfish some people sound on here. It's one game to miss its hardly the end of the world.

If my sisters boyfriend missed a family meal that he'd been invited to just to go and watch Leicester the next time I saw him I'd tell him exactly how out of order he is.

Ohh you sound like a fun 'brother in law' to have :ph34r:

Can't believe how selfish some people sound on here. It's one game to miss its hardly the end of the world.

If my sisters boyfriend missed a family meal that he'd been invited to just to go and watch Leicester the next time I saw him I'd tell him exactly how out of order he is.

I know what you mean though lydias brothers know how mad I am. I wouldn't be happy if she wanted to do something that got in the way of my family meal, though she doesn't have any passions like I do unless washing her hair counts

What's this thread about again? lol

lol

indeedy. Used to love going to every game i can... but its almost cringeworthy reading some of the responses in here....

Archived