Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Dilemma for Sunday.

Just thought why don't you ask them to change the meal time to six, you could even make them a couple of sarnies as a kind gesture to get them through the day. How thoughtful would that be.

I think itd go down like a nun on Ron Jeremy.

The reason it's 12pm is so it's not too late which is reasonable enough

Ok im going to get serious for a moment.

Its all well and good being a die hard city fan and wanting to go to every game ( been there done that got the t-shirt), but it beggers belief to me that as a soon to be married man , who isnt already well thought of by the future in-laws. you'd be looking to try and dodge what seems to be an important family meal where people are travelling a fair distance to be at. Its only one game and so what if you are not going to get kudos for being there as its expected of you to be there, you SHOULD be there. If the Mrs knows how important Football is to you, then SHE will be grateful, and thats the main thing right? Sometimes you have to do things for the other half that would mean more to them then it would do to you. You get to go to most other games right so she realises how important footy it is to you? Sounds like you have a very understanding Mrs and that understanding has to be replicated by you every now and then.

Every now and then you have to miss games. It was hard for me to do that at first... but a handy little radio and headphones helped!

Go to the meal, and go with a smile on your face. This is going to sound very offensive but it isnt meant to be..... its time to grow up. :thumbup:

Don't listen to that common sense Stu, at the restaurant get hold of a meat cleaver........................... :devil: go all Hannibal Lechter on em, problem solved for future matches :chant:

I have a similar problem. Grandads birthday on Sunday and we are all going out to some posh country estate for a meal at 13:00. Trouble is I hate posh food, I hate posh places, AND I WILL MISS THE GAME. I keep telling myself its the occasion and I have to go to the meal but its going to kill me. I will be a right miserable git.

I have a similar problem. Grandads birthday on Sunday and we are all going out to some posh country estate for a meal at 13:00. Trouble is I hate posh food, I hate posh places, AND I WILL MISS THE GAME. I keep telling myself its the occasion and I have to go to the meal but its going to kill me. I will be a right miserable git.

It's easy when its not my dilemma! Go to the game!!!

After reading this I am really excited to find out how you play your cards on sunday. If I were you I'd be honest about it and tell them beforehand (or see if the missus could help you out with that, as I imagine it would sit better with her family if she told them) that way they won't be disappointed on the day when there plans fail. Then surprise the missus with something nice in the week. That's what I would do my friend :) by the way, do you care a lot about what her family think? Or is it just your girl?

Dont care what her family think, dont see them enough to do so. Though if they knew me theyd know im nit bein rude, cos I am aware of how rude it looks!

Ive tried telling her but as I said she calls my bluff. Plus Im more eager to do something if she says im not.. Blazing arguments about me not getting a ST, so I did. Youre not spending 700 on a day trip to Kiev for the quarter final, so I did. It's not about one upmanship though. Before I was with her I missed my grandfathers 2nd wedding reception for the sake of q game

Can't believe how selfish some people sound on here. It's one game to miss its hardly the end of the world.

If my sisters boyfriend missed a family meal that he'd been invited to just to go and watch Leicester the next time I saw him I'd tell him exactly how out of order he is.

Would you prefer he was at the meal, but distracted and in a bad mood, potentially causing tension?

Basically it is choice between one hour of happy stu with the in laws or a whole afternoon of miserable moody stu.

Would you prefer he was at the meal, but distracted and in a bad mood, potentially causing tension?

Basically it is choice between one hour of happy stu with the in laws or a whole afternoon of miserable moody stu.

Correct.

If I know I'm going to the game I'll be the nicest politest bloke there is, but if I don't go then I'll be unbearable sitting there with a face like thunder. You just know someone will tell me to cheer up.

Having a radio at the table is very rude too. In fact I'd prefer to think of there not being a game if I'm not at it

She says I have got to tell her grandmother!

****in hell she'll go nuts!

She just admitted she wouldn't even appreciate me NOT going.

I couldve given her a dead leg with my knee there and then but she's currently cooking a fry up.

That has actually really pissed me off, saying she wouldn't appreciate it! Feel for her cos she just wants me to be there but if she's not going to be grateful anyway then **** it. Fuming

I couldve given her a dead leg with my knee there and then but she's currently cooking a fry up.

That has actually really pissed me off, saying she wouldn't appreciate it! Feel for her cos she just wants me to be there but if she's not going to be grateful anyway then **** it. Fuming

Surely that's your biggest motive to miss the footy down the toilet now? Makes it a lot easier. Go to the match.

I have to miss tomorrow's game for similar reasons, a meal with the in laws. Mine is at 1.30pm and in Nottingham. Had it been 12 and in Leicester, I would have just gone to the game after, so not sure why you can't?

If you have the money, pay for a taxi for them to get back? If you really are sitting down at 12, then you will easily be finished by 1:30. Even if they haven't? Buy all the trouble makers a load of drinks as soon as you get there. Get them all jolly so you can just slip off later without being noticed. If you are also paying for the taxi I don't see how they can be unhappy? You will have gone for dinner and the match as well, everyone's a winner.

Like I say, I wish I could have done that myself, instead I gave my season ticket to my brother (who currently can't afford one). At least I know it's not being wasted.

I'm more annoyed that the game had to be moved to the Sunday in the first place than I am with the fact that I have to go for dinner. After all Sunday's are for dinner, Saturday's are for football. Still fuming about that!

BTW I still hope we thrash them and I miss the best game ever. That will make me far happier than losing and missing a crap game, which would still depress me. That might sound strange to some, but I just like us to win whether I can go or not.

BTW I still hope we thrash them and I miss the best game ever. That will make me far happier than losing and missing a crap game, which would still depress me. That might sound strange to some, but I just like us to win whether I can go or not.

You support the club, I don't think anyone who does would disagree.

If you had got it right she would have collapsed and possibly ended up pouring scalding hot oil over her face, she would have to be rushed to hospital and the meal would be cancelled, stay with her all night and all morning then say you are tired at say 2.30 on Sunday and need to go home to freshen up, and then go to the match jobs a good un, only down side is a hideously scarred and disfigured girlfriend, and possible jail time, but it's a small price to pay.

I remember a few years ago, when we had just come up from league one, we played Newcastle away on sky. One of my best mates was getting married that day, and the reception clashed with the game.

I spent weeks before thinking of how I could watch the game. 3G phones were only just out then. I renewed my mobile contract just to get one, and signed up to sky player so I could stream the game. Thought I had it all sorted.

Little did I know the reception was in the middle of no where and had no 3G signal! It barely had any mobile signal at all, so I even struggled to check the score every 5 minutes. I was gutted! We lost 1 nil anyway which made the night even worse.

Had we won though, I would have been the life and soul of the party. Instead I sat in the corner drowning my sorrows.

I remember a few years ago, when we had just come up from league one, we played Newcastle away on sky. One of my best mates was getting married that day, and the reception clashed with the game.

I spent weeks before thinking of how I could watch the game. 3G phones were only just out then. I renewed my mobile contract just to get one, and signed up to sky player so I could stream the game. Thought I had it all sorted.

Little did I know the reception was in the middle of no where and had no 3G signal! It barely had any mobile signal at all, so I even struggled to check the score every 5 minutes. I was gutted! We lost 1 nil anyway which made the night even worse.

Had we won though, I would have been the life and soul of the party. Instead I sat in the corner drowning my sorrows.

I remember that game. Booked hotels as it was the August bank holiday weekend. Then it got moved to the Monday.

I have to miss tomorrow's game for similar reasons, a meal with the in laws. Mine is at 1.30pm and in Nottingham. Had it been 12 and in Leicester, I would have just gone to the game after, so not sure why you can't?

If you have the money, pay for a taxi for them to get back? If you really are sitting down at 12, then you will easily be finished by 1:30. Even if they haven't? Buy all the trouble makers a load of drinks as soon as you get there. Get them all jolly so you can just slip off later without being noticed. If you are also paying for the taxi I don't see how they can be unhappy? You will have gone for dinner and the match as well, everyone's a winner.

Like I say, I wish I could have done that myself, instead I gave my season ticket to my brother (who currently can't afford one). At least I know it's not being wasted.

I'm more annoyed that the game had to be moved to the Sunday in the first place than I am with the fact that I have to go for dinner. After all Sunday's are for dinner, Saturday's are for football. Still fuming about that!

It's all to do with her grandmother wanting us to come over afterwards. They're not even a close.family! There aren't trouble makers to be fair the missis' brother understands.

**** it I'm not having my life dictated to

Archived