Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oasisedup

Big Nige: Leicester's very own Fergie?

On Tuesday, I read in the Mercury that de Laet had compared big Nige to Fergie.

Clearly, it is ridiculous to compare the ability, achievements etc. of the two managers.There is a huge gulf between the two and the trophy cabinet at Old Trafford is testimony to that. But I think it is valid to compare their two styles.

After what's gone on this week with Beckford, Danns etc. de Laet's comments are interesting.

Had we lost yesterday, the pressure on Big Nige would be immense, and on Friday night it seemed that Beckford was yet another to have fallen out with Pearson (who some have called arrogant and unlikeable). Some people were suggesting that Pearson had a fragile grip on the dressing room and his time as Leicester's manager was in its death throes.

But, it's easy to see what happened last week (and with Mills, Gradel, DJ Campbell etc) in a different light. Fergie is famous for knowing when's the right time to ditch a player, and Big Nige can't be blamed for trying to mould the dressing room in his own image.

Here are my thoughts on de Laet's comments: http://inbignigewetr...blogspot.co.uk/

If anyone is bored this Sunday morning, have a read and I'd be glad to hear your thoughts, as ever.

I don't think any manager in the future will achieve what Sir Alec has done at one club. Football is so different now than when he started at Utd. The pressures, the money, and not all for the good of the game in my opinion. We've seen in the last few years so many clubs go to the wall or have narrow escapes. Who will ever forget those dark days when LCFC went into administration. Football as an industry needs to take a long hard look at its self and bring things under control. Not only the financial aspect but also the players attitudes. Their salaries are appalling and some of them their behaviour more so. Yes, we all want success at our club and I think that Nigel Pearson will achieve this by doing things his way and if this is similar to Sir Alec then this, in my opinion, is no bad thing. We all need to get behind our manager, stop reading too much into rumours about bust ups, other managers coming in and let him do his job in the way he wants to do it. We have had too many managers over the past few years, we all (including the owners ) need leave Nigel alone to get on with his job. I for one think that he is a better manager now than he was during his first spell with us. The football that we are playing tells this story.

Can people stop putting Gradels name in this, Pearson stated quite clearly he didn't want to sell him. There were no rumours of bust ups or any other crap. He was a kid sent out on loan to get experience no different to Hopper or Moore. The only difference was he didn't want to come back.

Can people stop putting Gradels name in this, Pearson stated quite clearly he didn't want to sell him. There were no rumours of bust ups or any other crap. He was a kid sent out on loan to get experience no different to Hopper or Moore. The only difference was he didn't want to come back.

You're right but he didn't want to come back because Pearson didn't show enough faith in him and Leeds did.

You perhaps need to remember Gradel's family background, the losses he suffered and the impact they had.

Gradel not only wanted to be playing or involved but he needed to be as well.

Again, Pearson seems to have learned from that and seems to be doing much better with both Moore and Schlupp in what are actually harder circumstances because we've got a decent team now.

I remember asking Gradel at the market once why he wasn't in the team and he just spread his arms, shrugged his shoulders and looked very unhappy about it.

You're right but he didn't want to come back because Pearson didn't show enough faith in him and Leeds did.

You perhaps need to remember Gradel's family background, the losses he suffered and the impact they had.

Gradel not only wanted to be playing or involved but he needed to be as well.

Again, Pearson seems to have learned from that and seems to be doing much better with both Moore and Schlupp in what are actually harder circumstances because we've got a decent team now.

I remember asking Gradel at the market once why he wasn't in the team and he just spread his arms, shrugged his shoulders and looked very unhappy about it.

Well the answer should probably have been "well we are fourth in the table a point or two off top spot. The team are doing very well having just been promoted so I will just have to work hard and take my chance as those in the team are currently doing well". Rather than just a shrug.

I think the quote is right - unfortunately being a huge success at Leicester these days means you have won 3 games in a row - not the Premier League title and Champions League numerous times. Its all relative isn't it?

Someone seems to be upset we are currently in good form.

THIS

Pearson knows what he is doing, he ditched Mills, Danns and Beckford for good reason. We are now a better team without them, the performances and results show that. I can definitely see the comparison with Fergie when it comes to man management basically he doesn't stand for shit just like Fergie.

Gradel did'nt want to come back because he was dropped after our promotion with no explanation.

Pearson also stated just 48 hours or so ago that Beckford had a future at the club.

He's on 49 appearances for the foxes also, I wonder?

Well the answer should probably have been "well we are fourth in the table a point or two off top spot. The team are doing very well having just been promoted so I will just have to work hard and take my chance as those in the team are currently doing well". Rather than just a shrug.

Someone seems to be upset we are currently in good form.

Your standard fall back when caught out being a knob (by quite a lot of people on here these days it seems)

Delighted with the results - the quicker we get promoted the better but even if we do, if Nige is still here in a year I will be very surprised....

Now **** off and wallow in your own self serving smugness

Gradel did'nt want to come back because he was dropped after our promotion with no explanation.

Pearson also stated just 48 hours or so ago that Beckford had a future at the club.

He's on 49 appearances for the foxes also, I wonder?

Dropped with no explanation? He wasn't even first choice in league one for a lot of games. How do you know what conversations went on or what explanations were given?

Pearson also said Beckford wanted to go, so he let him. Do you know when that was said? Perhaps it was after Pearson said he had a future.

Your standard fall back when caught out being a knob (by quite a lot of people on here these days it seems)

Delighted with the results - the quicker we get promoted the better but even if we do, if Nige is still here in a year I will be very surprised....

Caught out being a knob? Oh please do share where that has happened. You're funny, it obviously is hurting us doing ok as you seem in such a bad mood.

Why on earth do so many 'fans' want to find something negative about our current form and situation?

Why?

Pearson has got us to one point off top, has gotten rid of some big paid rubbish and has finally got us into a mindset where we can now go into any game believing that we can win!!!

Ive not felt this as a City fan for ages (since Nige was last here in fact)..

Why can't people just get off his fookin back and enjoy the moment??

I swear I think some of you simply want to find problems and to start a metaphorical fight.

Beckford gone, Mills gone, Danns dropped... GOOD! I say.....

Let's keep improving..

Why on earth do so many 'fans' want to find something negative about our current form and situation?

Why?

Because it doesn't suit there argument of him being shit.

I've never said I thought he'd be a success just that a) I want him to have time and b) he's not as bad as people say.

He might not be a success, it's still early. But I'm happy with how it's progressing.

Because it doesn't suit there argument of him being shit.

I've never said I thought he'd be a success just that a) I want him to have time and b) he's not as bad as people say.

He might not be a success, it's still early. But I'm happy with how it's progressing.

I agree..

:thumbup:

I'll be critical if I think we aren't playing well, but these other arguments just seem like people wanting to find whatever they can to be critical of.

Why?

Pearson has got us to one point off top, has gotten rid of some big paid rubbish and has finally got us into a mindset where we can now go into any game believing that we can win!!!

I swear I think some of you simply want to find problems and to start a metaphorical fight.

Let's keep improving..

I have to agree with this, the way things are going their finally looks to be some stability within the side and the manager knows what he is doing, he does have the a similar style to fergie and will make the change if it needs to be done.

He has turned us around since hes been back and I would like to see just how much he has cut out in spending since Sven was here, hes invested in young talent and brought them in at good prices... hes now found the forumla and things are looking on the up.

Why?

Let's keep improving..

Agreed. +1 for Col

I dont doubt Fergies ability atall but i dont like him atall either, he gets involved in other clubs business and all this disputing with other clubs. thats the big difference between them both Pearson keeps his cards to his chest and doesnt get involved in other club/peoples business. Fergie was in no position to comment on the John Terry case saying it was leniant, leniant or not its not his place to comment. rant over. i like Nige :)

Why?

Let's keep improving..

Well said.

Second half record so far this season P8 W7 D1 L0 F11 A2

Speaks for itself, there has to be a hairdryer at work!

Yes, being critical we need to give a better account of ourselves in the first half leaving us less to have to do in the second, but the upward curve has been consistant and it will come.

Anyone criticising a manager with the vitriol that some people are when we're not 5-0 in 5mins (not only is a dick) but needs to take a look at themselves

We have a manager who's delivered 4 wins in 5 and is just 1pt off the top and that's with room to go grow and cutting out silly individual errors that meant we lost at Charlton & Wolves, with those cut out we'd be clear top, we've now got a younger team with room to improve and grow with the club and become even better.

He's also got rid of towards 30 players, some of them deadwood and some of them big earners only here for the cheque who were sold a dream they didn't realise they needed to put a shift in to achieve... not being that interested when the wins didn't come that easy.

The big man :pearson: certainly is the man

Caught out being a knob? Oh please do share where that has happened. You're funny, it obviously is hurting us doing ok as you seem in such a bad mood.

weak for you Babs, the day it hurts me when City win I'll jack t in..... now if only we had a decent manager for the long term as well eh?

Hello there, how are you? You sound lovely.

My first reaction on reading your post was to respond with some cutting reposte and to ask you why you enjoy being so negative. My second was just to ignore it. Then finally, I thought that my actual response should be dignified and constructive. So I will try...

Could you please explain to me, giving evidence and examples and not just emotive drivel, why exactly you feel that Pearson is not the man for the job? I am genuinely interested in what you think he has done wrong? He has cut the wage bill, brought in younger players, instilled a sense of togetherness and belief, trimmed the squad, made us more financially stable, gotten us in touching distance of the top two and even has us playing some nice, attacking, free flowing football. I am intrigued as to why you feel he is not the man for the job. I would genuinely like to hear your thoughts and if they are valid I will gladly listen.

Thanks so much and I hope not to be told to "f£ck off and wallow in my own self serving smugness" like Babylon was. As clever and witty as it was, for one, it is rather mean and two, "self serving smugness" makes little sense.

Cheers

Rumble.

X

Oooooh, thanks for caring to be dignified old bean.

I was a little testy with Babs, he is a loyal old stick but tends to dig to get a response then gets a bit hurt when he gets one. Of course I am delighted with three wins in a row, not upset as he wrongly suggests and it is noce to see Nigel returning to something of the promise he showed a couple of years ago.

I do feel that you may have read a rather large amount into three wins though, as have many on here. Also, he has brought in some older players (big Wes anyone) trimmed a wage bill that seems to upset all Leicester fans but no fans of

'bigger clubs' and instilled a togetherness that you can only guess at and which jars with some of the comments coming out of the rumour mill. As for free flowing attacking football, yes we have seen some of that, but also not seen it for large spells as well, so again, time will tell

Obviously your terminology such as 'emotive drivel' highlights you as 'emotive' while believing yourself to be somehow superior because you are happy with your team. I personally thinki it is too soon in the season to be calling for his head or celebrating his second coming as a messiah. Top 2 at Christmas and I will dare to believe.......... 10th and he will be just a Nigel, like at Derby

Archived