Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Consistency

I think that our main reason for our largely inconsistent season last year was the fact we constantly played inconsistent players - Mills, Bamba, Wellens, Danns, Gallagher, Beckford.

This year, we seem to have signed some consistent performers - Morgan, who has been very good this season, Knockaert, who has been great since he started, Vardy has Had a slow start but is improving all the time. Also, we have a consistent and hard working midfield pairing who compliment eachother, Drinkwater and James, or king.

Yep pretty agree with everything you say, we had a lot of hit and miss players last season, Wellens and King especially they never really got ticking, and Bamba was sometimes incredible but then sometimes a liability.

But Mills was never consistent, and never inconsistent he was just shit, while Beckford has never really got going only in Cup matches.

But this season, Morgan has been a massive difference, he has been one of our best shrewd signings for some time in my opinion, has hardly put in a bad performance, he is just a strong presence and seems to work well with Moore/St Ledger.

The midfield is the real difference this season though, Drinkwater was another hit and miss player last season, very inconsistent performer, but I can only count one low par performance from him this season, while in the other games he has done very well and has helped control the midfield, while King seems back to his normal self, hard working, goalscoring and just an all round performer.

Made the same point a few weeks ago, last season it was impossible to improve tactically as you never knew which Peltier, Danns, Mills, Beckford, gallagher were going to turn up and it rubbed off on other players like Drinky and konchesky too.

When everything you work on in training falls apart because 2-3 are playing shite it is always going to fall apart.

Whilst we still have inconsistency this season, Marshall and Konch being prime examples, we also have a lot more consistent performers such as Morgan, Vardy (even if he hasn't scored as many as some would like you know what you will get each game) James (not set the world on fire but has been consistent) and king'some return to form too.

Sedan carry the odd bad game from a player because everyone else knows what they are doing.

WLLLWLWWW

Consistent as ****.

Apart from the Burton game, our performances have been very consistent, we have not had players not turning up and giving half hearted performances, we have played well as a team in all of our league games so far, and that is what is meant be consistency.

We have lost to mistakes by our defenders, or individual brilliance, we have not lost because we didn't turn up on the day, which happened so many times last season, and played well below par.

Results this season haven't reflected performances, performances have been consistently good, that is why so many people are optimistic, even in defeat.

The played well and lost only applied to two of the losses. We were by our own admittance lucky to beat boro, so that's it almost completely evened out already. We've won almost exactly the same number of games that we've lost, and played well almost exactly the same number of times as we've played badly. Whichever way you spin it, that is not consistency.

The played well and lost only applied to two of the losses. We were by our own admittance lucky to beat boro, so that's it almost completely evened out already. We've won almost exactly the same number of games that we've lost, and played well almost exactly the same number of times as we've played badly. Whichever way you spin it, that is not consistency.

You mean 2 of our 3 league defeats? Which I dispute we were the better side against, Charlton, wolves and Blackburn, and against Blackpool, Burnley, Hull, Peterborough and Boro.

We may have had some fortune with the goals, but in every game we have played that I have seen or listened to or read about afterwards we have been deserved winners or unlucky losers.

Regardless of the luck in the goals against Blackpool and Boro we were still the better side created the most chances and were fully deserved winners.

I still don't think our performances were inconsistent last year - results maybe. Our defence was poor throughout the season and our forwards didn't look like scoring enough goals. Sometimes we got away with it sometimes we didn't but we were rarely brilliant. This year we look better already

I think that our main reason for our largely inconsistent season last year was the fact we constantly played inconsistent players - Mills, Bamba, Wellens, Danns, Gallagher, Beckford.

This year, we seem to have signed some consistent performers - Morgan, who has been very good this season, Knockaert, who has been great since he started, Vardy has Had a slow start but is improving all the time. Also, we have a consistent and hard working midfield pairing who compliment eachother, Drinkwater and James, or king.

I might well have added Peltier and the clearly troubled King to the list as well but it's a valid point you make and something we've desperately needed.

And our new-found consistency is, to a great extent, due to the degree of effort each player puts in irrespective of how well their individual game might be going.

Long may those efforts continue.

Archived