Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Bristol City (Home) Pre-Match Shenanigans

Its amazing how a few wins makes people think we are invincible! I think its a banter we will not win this one, 4/4 at home, 4 wins in a row, home to a team in the bottom half..everything says we win, so we WONT win. Its inevitable. Id say 1-2 Bristol City. Shock loss and a reality check!

Obviously Im hoping we continue this great run, every good team who gets promoted strings at least 2 or 3 big winning sequences(5 wins in a row+) together in a season. Hoping we can carry it on..

I know exactly what you mean this is exactly the sort of game we lose, I guess it will be a good indicator as to whether this is going to be another season of frustrating inconsistency against poor teams, or genuine title challengers.

Mixed record in this fixture over the years, saw a couple of comfortable cup victories, a game we dominated and drew 0-0, the fortunate Waghorn win and two very poor home defeats.

Need a win, to go into a break on the back of five straight would be excellent. The chance to go top should be the main incentive.

We don't need to imagine problems - just get on with going what we do best which is moving the ball quickly, stretching and turning the opposing defenders and having a go whenever there's any kind of chink in their armour.

We've far more pace and variety of threat now than any Leicester City side Bristol have faced in the recent past and our focus should be on making sure our skills are honed, our commitment is absolute and our belief unyielding.

There are still all sorts of little things we could be working on to make us even more dangerous but worrying about past results shouldn't be one of them.

As mentioned last week Bristol should just be our next Premiership standard opponent - the next team we need to be at our best to cope with.

Nothing else matters, just what we do. The little things and the big things. We should set out to win every little contest and be alert for every goal opportunity from start to finish.

There's not a single team in this league I wouldn't back us to beat and Bristol are no different.

Ruthlessness isn't about four games it's about the next game and the one after that until it becomes an integral part of our psyche. Roll on Saturday.

Same team sheet as tuesday i think one minor change i'd make is start with Schlupp upfront with Nugent instead of Vardy, Vardy is good but I want to see him come on as the super sub!

I had the same idea, but for a different reason. Think it would do Vardy good to give him a breather and to take the (goal-scoring) pressure off him.

I had the same idea, but for a different reason. Think it would do Vardy good to give him a breather and to take the (goal-scoring) pressure off him.

I honestly don't see why Vardy should be feeling pressure when he has been our number one striker this year (in terms of starts) and we have found the net in every game. He also has four goals in ten games which, considering the massive step up, is very good.

I honestly don't see why Vardy should be feeling pressure when he has been our number one striker this year (in terms of starts) and we have found the net in every game. He also has four goals in ten games which, considering the massive step up, is very good.

His return so far isn't bad at all, but he does have a habit of missing simple chances, but, he shouldn't feel under any pressure, and with the international break coming, he will get any rest he needs.

I would like to see more of Schlupp this season as he has bags of talent.

For some reason Bristol City seem to be a bogey team to us, home and away. Our win under Sven when Waghorn scored a last winner winner wasn't deserved and we've been beaten either side of that at home by them. However, that counts for nothing this season. We must approach this game in the same manner as we have in the last 4 and keep doing what we're doing. They concede a lot of goals, although most of them seem to be at home as well as scoring a lot.

If we get an early goal and can open them up then we could hammer them, which would be a great bonus going in to the international break. I don't want to see any complacency set in, we're laying some great foundations and we need to build on it.

I was just about to write something similar. I absolutely hate Bristol for that reason, I really hope we beat them!

We owe them for last season down here where Maynard got a brace. We just scraped by with the Waghorn last gasp winner the season before, and the season before that, we had just been spanked 5-1 by forest away, and then got taken apart by these on our own turf in the next match, 3-0 I think? (the lowest point of that season for me).

Away as well they always beat us, even if we take the lead they always seem to come back and win!

Beating these would make me happy for 2 reasons.

1. Because I hate them, as explained above.

2. More importantly it would show that we are capable of beating sides in the bottom half that we are expected to beat. Last season we would have lost this type of game, and in fact did lose it, so that's the main reason why beating these will make me so happy.

Think we'll just edge it 2-1, but I don't expect it will be easy, not one bit!

Think they were right on their forum to say that an early goal for them will make it very difficult for us, as we could be forgiven for going into this one with a higher expectation of bossing it. We just keep our heads and combat Adomah (easily their best player?) and we will be fine. I think we'll win 3-0, Nuge and Vardy both bagging.

Also quite curious to watch a bit of Futacs but of course the way things are he isnt needed. Ideally give him twenty minutes if (big if) we are cruising.

The last time we won 5 in a row the 5th team we beat was Bristol City at home.

History to repeat itself?

Schmeichel

Moore

St Ledger

Morgan

Konchesky

King

Drinkwater

Marshall

Knockaert

Dyer

Nugent

subs: Logan, Vardy, James, Schlupp, Futacs, Waghorn, Whitbread

If our opposition didn't have one eye on Knockaert before Tuesday they will do now. I'd look at bringing in Marshall to ease the creative burden.

That said, we could hardly complain at an unchanged XI.

All went tits up after then though haha!

Merc

There will be no room for complacency when Leicester City take on Bristol City this afternoon, manager Nigel Pearson has stated.

City have won their last four games and possess a 100 percent home recordicon1.png.

• ​4196448.jpg
    Nigel Pearson

However, Pearson said anyone expecting them to crush the Robins with ease is mistaken.

Bristol City have won twice in their last three visits to the King Power Stadium and Derek McInnes' men completed the double over City last season.

In fact, City have won just one of the last seven meetings between the two clubs.

"We can go into this game with confidence and good form, but we have to make sure there is no complacency. I think there is always the temptation to look at fixtures and think it is a foregone conclusion," said Pearson.

"It certainly is not. Bristol City are a decent side who have a very good manager who works exceptionally hard at getting his team organised and getting the best out of his playersicon1.png.

"It will be a tough game for us. We have had a good few weeks and the picture is changing, but it is early days for us."

City start today in second place, a point behind Cardiff, who are away at Ipswich.

Pearson said City can kick on for the rest of the season and mount a promotion challengeicon1.png, but warned there is still a long way to go.

"We have a platform now to build on," he said.

"When I looked at the fixtures at the start, the first 10 gamesicon1.png looked tough and they have been.

"We have a very hard game coming up today.

"Our home form has been good but I am no fool.

"I know what this division can do and I think on two occasions in the last three visits place they have beaten us.

"We will have to be at our best to take advantageicon1.png of being at home.

"It will be a tough game but we are in a decent position at the moment."

City have defender Ritche De Laet available again after injury and Pearson has a fully fit squad to choose from.

Archived