Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

And he spoke as if we don't actually already have all-seater stadiums. 'Nobody wants to hear racist/distasteful chanting, that's why people want all seater stadiums'. Er, what?

The level of idiot that we have as pundits for the football league is astonishing, and Rosenior's the biggest joke of the lot.

The actual 'safe' amount they use in Germany is a maximum of 1.8 people per seat.

If you install 1,000 rail seats in an area that previously had 1,200 normal seats that sold for £30, then assuming no fixed costs (over the lifetime fixed costs are fairly low) you could drop the price to £20 per ticket and still break even.

I understand that at Old Trafford, they have to replace 600(!) seats a game. At Hannover they haven't replaced a seat in over 10 years... More saving.

More people in the ground = more match day revenue, higher merchandise/programme sales, should mean a better atmosphere.

Cheaper tickets = socially inclusive, no loss in sales revenue with more tickets sold.

What is not to love?

Edited by C-man
  • Like 1

Much as I support the return of standing areas (and letting your MP know your views is never a bad idea), an EDM is unlikely to get anywhere:

From the Parliament website-

Although there is very little prospect of EDMs being debated, many attract a great deal of public interest and frequently receive media coverage.

So far there are 5 signatories only

Anywhere the club deemed fit

Nowhere then.

It's my personal ambition to stand on an all-standing Kop. Let's face it, if the club ever did get on board (which they will only do trough MASSIVE fan pressure) that's where they'd most likely put it, what with it being the other end of the ground to the away fans an' all.

That said I've had mates told off for cobbing confetti around the Kop because it apparently could be thrown to the away end...

i've been keeping an eye on the safe standing capaign, and have been looking at the german stadiums; they seem to have it behind the goal, for us the kop.

what is the Kops capacity, around 6/7000? according to the safe standing website each seat now can hold 1.8 people with safe standing, therefore the kops capacity could increase to around 12000? this could result in tickets being half the price and the club will still get the same amount of gate receipts.

• Like 1

L1, top of K1, top of the kop. They're my first thoughts on where we should have safe standing. Anywhere else is probably unnecessary unless standing became very popular, then I'd consider adding in parts of J and more of the kop.

If it was up to me I'd have the trial in the whole of L, possibly K too. I think it would be important to have whole blocks instead of just parts of them as we'd want to keep all the singers in the tightest possible area.

I'm pretty sure it would be very popular if it happened and I'd love to think that one day the stands would be built forward to be really close to the pitch and the whole of the Kop could be a standing area. That would make it a proper Kop.

Of course, the first step is years away even if we're being optimistic.

Nowhere then.

It's my personal ambition to stand on an all-standing Kop. Let's face it, if the club ever did get on board (which they will only do trough MASSIVE fan pressure) that's where they'd most likely put it, what with it being the other end of the ground to the away fans an' all.

That said I've had mates told off for cobbing confetti around the Kop because it apparently could be thrown to the away end...

:thumbup:

One day mate, one day. All we need is someone like the people on this thread to get mega rich and buy the club, we'd have it sorted in no time!

Ah, the things I'd do if I owned the club....

just seen this on the internet... "- It is widely believed that this practice is illegal. This is not the case, even within Premier

League and Championship grounds. The law only provides that these clubs should provide

seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them."

So if the stewards tell me to sit down, they can do one!

• Like 1

just seen this on the internet... "- It is widely believed that this practice is illegal. This is not the case, even within Premier

League and Championship grounds. The law only provides that these clubs should provide

seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them."

So if the stewards tell me to sit down, they can do one!

Without wanting to sound like a jobsworth, standing in front of a seat tends to be in violation of the ground regulations, set by the council as part of the stadium's safety certificate, which allows the club to host football matches. So they do have the right to tell you to sit down, and have you removed by the police if you don't.

If we were to get safestanding, where would it be installed?

As our ground doesn't look the best structured or suspended it would have to be at the bottom of a stand, I would put it along the bottom of the Kop.

I'd take out a few rows in the middle so that people sitting above can see easily, and keep the seating from about level with the 'vomitories'.

I'd estimate that would take out 3,000 seats giving a standing area for around 5,000. Very decent.