Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

Its blummin dangerous at times standing where there are seats.

Hope Im stood in front of leicesterpool next time hes thete. He'll see the benefits of of having a segregated area by half time

Bit of an over reaction isn't it?He's entitled to his opinion.

Does anyone honestly believe that the local police commissioner has the power to introduce standing in a football ground? Even if they could the club would have to want to in the first place and there's no suggestion that they do.

I don't think anyone believes that but there's no doubt they will have influence over the right people. LCFC will buckle eventually, but it's going to take a lot more pressure being piled on them than at most other clubs.

Sir Clive has been elected and will have no interest in football related matters except the Tory way of legislating to ensure thugs like us are kept in our place. He will be more interested in slashing police budgets to keep his pals in Westminster happy and passing out services such as answering 999 calls to a private company.

That doesn't stop the overall momentum though and regards the poor attempt to wind us up by Leicesterpool, he's actually right there wouldn't be more than one stand for safe standing and he can sit quietly and safely elsewhere.

Hopefully Leicesterpool is just on a wind - up.

If not I ask why does it cause more 'chaos'?

I've been on many terraces in the UK and on the continent and it most certainly does't cause more 'chaos'.

Standing areas are all about giving fans the choice of whether they wish to have a seat for matchdays or want to stand on a terrace.

IT BENEFITS EVERYONE!

I can't see this Sir Clive even being interested in football, especially Leicester as I do not think he lives in the city. More likely a rugby or cricket person. He will not be interested in the views of the average football supporter.

I've not stood since the mid seventies. Sitting does not bother me. It is more comfatable, you don't get pushed around and your legs don't ache after 90 minutes. Maybe it's my age. I would leave the standing for the younger ones. I can't see it coming back because of the health and safety laws. Governments will not pass it as they will be too afraid of another disaster and losing votes from the backlash.

Not sure the police would be keen on it. Standing means that the hooligan elemant - small as it is - could hide much better.

Edited by Nightguard

I can't see this Sir Clive even being interested in football, especially Leicester as I do not think he lives in the city. More likely a rugby or cricket person. He will not be interested in the views of the average football supporter.

I've not stood since the mid seventies. Sitting does not bother me. It is more comfatable, you don't get pushed around and your legs don't ache after 90 minutes. Maybe it's my age. I would leave the standing for the younger ones. I can't see it coming back because of the health and safety laws. Governments will not pass it as they will be too afraid of another disaster and losing votes from the backlash.

Not sure the police would be keen on it. Standing means that the hooligan elemant - small as it is - could hide much better.

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/myths/hard-to-police

Yesterdays Observer Article:-

http://www.guardian....end-of-comments

:thumbup:

I had to laugh at the guy who thinks we'll be back to the 80s if we reintroduce standing lol

Sadly, he's not alone.

I'll never understand Liverpool supporters, and specifically the families of the Hillsborough victims. They've campaigned for years for the truth, they've got it, and yet they still oppose standing? It seems they're only interested in half the truth, the part that absolves them of blame.

Edited by Kitchandro

:thumbup:

I had to laugh at the guy who thinks we'll be back to the 80s if we reintroduce standing lol

Sadly, he's not alone.

I'll never understand Liverpool supporters, and specifically the families of the Hillsborough victims. They've campaigned for years for the truth, they've got it, and yet they still oppose standing? It seems they're only interested in half the truth, the part that absolves them of blame.

This. IMHO thats all the Liverpool fans and families wanted, someone to blame that wasnt them.

• Like 2

Does anyone honestly believe that the local police commissioner has the power to introduce standing in a football ground? Even if they could the club would have to want to in the first place and there's no suggestion that they do.

I agree but I still think it'd have been good to have someone big name locally on side.

Typical that she didn't win anyways, that's a blow.

Don't bite to Leicesterpool, the amount of shite he puts on this site is becoming worrying.

:thumbup:I had to laugh at the guy who thinks we'll be back to the 80s if we reintroduce standing lolSadly, he's not alone.I'll never understand Liverpool supporters, and specifically the families of the Hillsborough victims. They've campaigned for years for the truth, they've got it, and yet they still oppose standing? It seems they're only interested in half the truth, the part that absolves them of blame.
This is an emotive issue, right up there with fox hunting and I wasn't aware until today that the Hillsborough families opposed the re-introduction of any kind of standing in football grounds. That's a blow IMO towards the actual introduction of trials anywhere in England when their chairman declares herself "appalled" at the prospect. Standing trials are proper fvcked for a good couple of decades yet IMO.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/10/27/chairman-of-hillsborough-family-support-group-margaret-aspinall-brands-campaign-for-standing-appalling-100252-32112983/

Edited by Lobsterboyuk

The problem lies with their inability to fully understand what safe standing is or perhaps they feel if they agree with it then they would become a less powerful voice.

I feel deeply for their loss but they need to understand those tragedies cannot be repeated with the safe standing model.

Edited by purpleronnie

I think, thankfully, more and more in the media are seeing the Hillsborough families are irrelevant to the debate.

Used to be you couldn't read an article on the subject unless their opinion was sought. Now the truth has come out I think journalists are less afraid about getting hammered for not getting a token quote from them.

i'm backing the stay sitting support! keep safe standing to non league! causes to much chaos! If they do bring it back, then only just one stand in each stadium should be safe standing, more likely the east stand at leicester and no where else.

lol

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 1