Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Brum - City player ratings ?

Mostly 8s first half and mostly 6s in the second period. Massively contrasting performance after half-time, we didn't pass the ball as well and started to cross the ball more which was very ineffective. We looked much better in the first 45 when we were trying to play people through and were only stopped by being persistently offside! :angry:

First half, brilliant. Second half, meh. Funny that we should score in the second half after looking far less likely to do so.

Kasper. 7

De laet. 7

Morgan. 7

Whitbread. 8

Konch. 7

Dyer. 5

King. 7

Drinkwater. 7.5

Knock. 6.5

Nugent. 5

Waghorn. 4

Defence was solid again and were unlucky to get hit on the break for their goal.

Midfield was steady and did their job all tho they have played better they still controlled it especialy first half.

Strikers were poor today. Nugent missing Vardys work rate and didn't link well with Waghorn.

Schmeichel 7.5 (One excellent save, another vital block and some quality distrubition too along with some wasted balls)

De Laet 6.5 (Lowenkrands had a free tap-in on his post after Birmingham's breakaway goal but otherwise he had a steady game).

Morgan 7.25 (Dealt quite well with Marlon King and, as ever, competed for everything. Totally exposed for the goal as was the rest of our defence).

Whitbread 7 (Still tried to give away a goal with a short bout of bad decision-making but otherwise cogged inq uite well).

Konchesky 7.5 (Pick of the defence and made a whole series of excellent overlapping runs on the outside of Dyer which might easily have produced goals if we'd had anyone with the slightest idea of how to feed off crosses).

Knockaert 7 (Playmaker in the first half but faded noticably in the second. He made such dangerous runs into the box but generally didn't get a shot away and when he did it was disappointing.

King 7.5 (Had an excellent first half effort which fizzed just wide and involved himself in so much of our supporting play).

Drinkwater 7 (Busy and accurate in the main but, like others, faded somewhat after the break).

Dyer 7.5 (Apart from slipping over and costing us a goal for his ill fortune, Dyer got the ball in the net from an excellent move which the linesman spoiled with his marginal offside decision and then the referee ignored a blatant penalty when he was fouled on the left edge of the box. It seemed a tactical ploy that he drift inside to allow Konchesky to make the penetrative runs and crosses from the left and this worked well. Had the odd shot too and was a constant threat to the Birmingham defence which resorted to kicking most anything that threatened them in the first half).

Nugent 6 (Quiet day for the lad and he so badly missed the space and opportunities created by Vardy's selfless running).

Waghorn 5 (There's no way this lad showed any signs that he's improving as a centre-forward. He won nothing in the air and wasted an absolute sitter by sidefooting over when he only had to hit the target from 10 yards. And that's his eternal problem - he sends so many shots over the crossbar he should think about a career taking penalties and conversions in rugby union. Yes, he did have a couple of efforts on target but they were easy saves and, unfortunately, he just didn't compare with Vardy in terms of providing opportunities for others.

Marshall 8 (Recovered the day because he had a go and deserves all his mark not only for earning us the point which took us top of the table but also for the free-kick which would have won us the game but for an absolutely brilliant defleting save by Butland high in the left corner).

Vardy 6 (His introduction, albeit too late in the game for my liking restored a little energy into the side as typified by a late tackle back in his own penalty area which he delivered with attitude.

Fuctas n/a (I was glad to see the big man get a chance and although he did nothing of note he did, like Vardy and Marshall, serve to refresh a team which had wilted noticeably and seemed resigned to a frustrating defeat after so much good play in the first half)/

Kasper 7 One brilliant tackle to get Whitbread out of jail. Other than that had very little to do.

De Laet 7 Got away with an elbow in the first half, could have easily seen red. Was one of his better games for us today I thought.

Whitbread 7.5 Absolute monster in the air. Got very lucky with one blocked clearance that lead to a chance for them.

Morgan 7.5 Solid as ever.

Konchesky 7.5 Had so much energy in the first half. Played very well I thought.

Dyer 5 Weak. Scared to take on their full back even when he had been booked. Should have had a penalty.

Drinkwater 8 Superb again. Really impressed with him.

King 7 Was fantastic first half, laid it on a plate for Waghorn only to see him blaze over. Faded second half.

Knockaert 7 Very bright as ever. Good delivery from set pieces. Few great efforts on goal that may have beaten a worse keeper.

Nugent 6 Unusually quiet. Really didn't do anything of note.

Waghorn 5 Generally poor. Missed such an easy chance, if he'd buried that the game would have been much different. I'd prefer to see someone else start ahead of him.

Vardy 5 Poor when he came on.

Marshall 7 Changed the game for us when he came on really. Great goal. Another free kick that produced a worldy of a save from Butland.

Futacs 6 Looked ok in his short cameo.

Kasper - 7

De Laet - 8

Morgan - 7.5

Whitbread - 7.5

Kochesky - 8

Knockaert - 7.5

King - 7

Drinky - 7.5

Dyer - 7

Nugent - 5.5

Waghorn - 4

I dont want to point fingers at one player but Waggy didn't have a good game today, in my opinion he maybe needs to lay off the weights? its all good being a huge fvcker, but I don't think it does him any favours.

Schmeichel- 7 (Made some vital interceptions)

De Laet- 6

Morgan- 7 (Knows what this league is about. Totally in command)

Whitbread- 6.5 (Is still a bit rusty but is growing into the role)

Konchesky- 7 (Back to form. Got forward very well and deserved better from his crosses)

Knockaert- 7 (Drifted in and out, but always a threat)

King- 7 (Really liking the "new" King. More involved)

Drinkwater- 7 (Forming a good partnership in the middle)

Dyer- 5 (Not great from Lloyd)

Nugent- 6 (Missed Vardy next to him)

Waghorn- 5 (How did he blaze it over? Apart from that, one good strike tipped over)

Marshall- 6 (Gets a point for his goal, corners were poor)

Vardy- 4 (Clearly not fit)

Futacs- N/A

Schmeichel - 7. Played well I thought, can't really blame him for their goal and seemed very confident to me.

De Laet - 6. Wasn't too bad, great run at the end for Marshall's FK.

Morgan - 7. Rock

Whitbread - 7. Impressed me.

Konchesky - 7. Personally thought he had a good game.

Knockaert - 7. Not outstanding but still had the touch of class and the Messi-like attitude in the way he's only got one thing on his mind every time he's near the ball.

King - 7. Wasn't bad at all.

Drinkwater - 6. Didn't really notice him at all.

Dyer - 3. Woeful I thought. Gave it away for their goal and looked generally hopeless.

Nugent - 5. Very quiet.

Waghorn - 4. Maybe that's harsh, he wasn't disastrous but his finishing was.

Subs;

Marshall - 8. Our MOTM, a cameo appearance and nearly single handedly turned 0 into 3, thought he looked good every time he got the ball and he should start on Tuesday for me.

Vardy - N/A

Futacs - N/A

Archived