Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The 'Beckford Saga' Part God knows....

Beckford  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beckford return at the earliest opportunity

• Yes
    • No

OK, but you and me agree we need a striker.

So the question then turns to.......

I'm ruling out Beckford... He doesn't want to come back and I don't want a player who doesn't want to be here.

You ask me a direct question, ill give you a direct answer.... Controversial though it is I'd push the boat out and get Marlon King here. He'd score goals for the club.

For me his past is his past. On the pitch, I believe he is exactly the striker we need.

If he wants to be here then yes!! Bring him back.

Him and Nugent were looking dangerous together when they were playing together. He’s a proven goal scorer but he is a bit lazy. Am sure Pearson can work his magic and get him working. At least he offers a goal threat.

I'm ruling out Beckford... He doesn't want to come back and I don't want a player who doesn't want to be here.

You ask me a direct question, ill give you a direct answer.... Controversial though it is I'd push the boat out and get Marlon King here. He'd score goals for the club.

For me his past is his past. On the pitch, I believe he is exactly the striker we need.

I know it's old ground mate but we need a goalscorer and Beckford can obviously score at this level, so why did Pearson freeze him out in the first place?

Now we have to find someone else when we had someone already.

I know it's old ground mate but we need a goalscorer and Beckford can obviously score at this level, so why did Pearson freeze him out in the first place?

Now we have to find someone else when we had someone already.

I dont quite get why people dont understand the Beckford situation. He played a good amount of games for us under Sven and NP and didnt impress in the majority of them. His goal return was poor and his work ethic at times was non existent.

Vardy and Waghorn for all of their faults, defend from the front and this combined with Nugent doing the same has given us our success this season. The way we play simply does not accomodate Beckfords style in any way.

Its all very well pointing to Beckford scoring yesterday and Huddersfield winning comparing to our draw and missed chances but you assume that if you took Waghorn out and Beckford was in, the game would have followed the same pattern when all in our past with Beckford suggests otherwise.

When you see a player out on loan scoring its easy to say get him back but the reality is, he just did not work for us and possibly came here for the wrong reasons in the first place.

We just need a natural goalscorer for about work ethic I don't care a strikers job is to score goals simple as I agree with the notion that players want to play for club and work together to achieve the goals required did Beckford have that I am not sure but we wouldn't have loaned him out if that was the case it is a difficult predicament we are in atm, we need a goalscorer and January cannot come soon enough to bring one in, Chris Wood, Darius Henderson, someone in the European leagues equivalent to championship standard or higher wouldn't go amiss.

I dont quite get why people dont understand the Beckford situation. He played a good amount of games for us under Sven and NP and didnt impress in the majority of them. His goal return was poor and his work ethic at times was non existent.

Vardy and Waghorn for all of their faults, defend from the front and this combined with Nugent doing the same has given us our success this season. The way we play simply does not accomodate Beckfords style in any way.

Its all very well pointing to Beckford scoring yesterday and Huddersfield winning comparing to our draw and missed chances but you assume that if you took Waghorn out and Beckford was in, the game would have followed the same pattern when all in our past with Beckford suggests otherwise.

When you see a player out on loan scoring its easy to say get him back but the reality is, he just did not work for us and possibly came here for the wrong reasons in the first place.

We don't need hard working defenders in attack, we need goalscorers.

I could give a toss if Beckford brings a deck chair and a book for 85 minutes, if he sticks two away it's job done.

I could give a toss if Beckford brings a deck chair and a book for 85 minutes, if he sticks two away it's job done.

But why and how are we able to get possession in these games?

Defending from the front will lead to us gaining possession more cheaply in the attacking third, plus at least Waghorn is getting into the positions to miss these chances.

We're creating far more now than we ever did with Beckford loping around up front. We're also far more successful. Football is a team game.

Why do you think it works like that? The way we play at the minute involves every player on the pitch putting in 100% effort for 100% of the game. As soon as one player abandons this ethic, the whole thing falls apart. The reality is (and we've seen it already from Beckford so not really sure why these conversations have to exist) Beckford does not fit into our current style of play. Do we need another striker? Yes. Is that striker Beckford? No.

But why and how are we able to get possession in these games?

Defending from the front will lead to us gaining possession more cheaply in the attacking third, plus at least Waghorn is getting into the positions to miss these chances.

We're creating far more now than we ever did with Beckford loping around up front. We're also far more successful. Football is a team game.

:thumbup:

Given that he's only scored three so far this season, I hardly think he's the goal machine everyone's making him out to be. I'd rather have a striker who works hard and doesn't score than a striker who does **** all and doesn't score.

Bet you would not be saying that if he scored the winning goal that got us promoted!

I would. Some people have principles. I suppose if Ian Huntley could net 20 a season you'd be happy to have him up front?

Bet you would not be saying that if he scored the winning goal that got us promoted!

This whole debate is pointless whilst Pearson is in charge IMO...not because we stand no chance of promotion but because he seems to be a man of principal and wouldn't sign someone like King!

anyone saying Beckford shouldn't return, enjoy watching Waghorn costing us points each game (y)

Anyone saying Beckford should return, enjoy watching the good football we've played in about 14 of our 16 games this season.

Given that he's only scored three so far this season, I hardly think he's the goal machine everyone's making him out to be. I'd rather have a striker who works hard and doesn't score than a striker who does **** all and doesn't score.

I would. Some people have principles. I suppose if Ian Huntley could net 20 a season you'd be happy to have him up front?

Pearson wouldnt be able to handle his big personality anyway.

I accept a lot of your points but I am throwing out there into the mix that we need a decent finisher at this level.

Had we had one out there yesterday with Nugent the 3 points would have been ours and by the time that dreadful penalty decision was made the game would have been over anyway.

We can afford the luxury of a selfish capable goalscorer, in fact this team is screaming out for one.

It's all very well having Waghorn looking sharp and dangerous, but he misses an enormous amount of chances. He was excellent yesterday bar his finishing and that's very often the case. It was plain to see that Beckford would leave and score a decent amount of goals, whilst Nugent's strike partner would be struggling for them.

If he wants to come back, then please let him. If not, ship him out.

I accept a lot of your points but I am throwing out there into the mix that we need a decent finisher at this level.

Had we had one out there yesterday with Nugent the 3 points would have been ours and by the time that dreadful penalty decision was made the game would have been over anyway.

We can afford the luxury of a selfish capable goalscorer, in fact this team is screaming out for one.

I dont think anyone would say no to a new striker. The point is that the striker is not Beckford.

Archived