Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The 'Beckford Saga' Part God knows....

Beckford  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beckford return at the earliest opportunity

• Yes
    • No

Right...

I don't care if i'm starting another poll and that its about Beckford.

Reason being, the forum once more is littered with posts about Beckford, both direct and indirect. This is even after he's gone out on loan. Some are suggesting that Waghorn just isn't good enough. So, I'm asking a simple question. Would you recall Beckford at the earliest opportunity, or leave him where he is?

Opinions also welcome.

If he wants to play for us then yes, because it's another option for the manager.

The Waghorn thing is bizarre, given the criticism Sven received when he let him out on loan to Hull, and the worry that it would "come back to haunt us", yet he's not rated that highly at all now.

Personally, Pearson shouldn't touch Beckford with a barge pole. What does Beckford bring to the team? At least with Waghorn in the side we have someone who can hold up the ball and a work horse. It isn't even like Beckford scores that many goals. If he scored as many as Yakubu did then fine but he doesn't even do that.

Beckford does not want to be here so NO.

The TEAM is functioning better with him, so NO.

The manager who got Vardy in to replace him has us sitting top, so NO.

When he was here he was poor too much, so NO.

IF he decides he is happy to come back. The manager is happy to have him. He's going to work for the team and up his performances as most players have this year. Then fine, but lets be honest here, that isn't going to happen.

Review the situation in January when we know how he's performing, how we are performing, how Huddersfield or any team that wants him are performing, and whether any cash bids come in for him.

Personally, Pearson shouldn't touch Beckford with a barge pole. What does Beckford bring to the team? At least with Waghorn in the side we have someone who can hold up the ball and a work horse. It isn't even like Beckford scores that many goals. If he scored as many as Yakubu did then fine but he doesn't even do that.

I assume you didn't see Waghorn at Birmingham on Saturday? Beckford has scored 2 in 3 games at Huddersfield. It's just a question of whether he can be arsed to play for us.

While I think it's best we look to move him on again, either with another loan spell or permanently, it depends on whether other clubs are interested really. If it's true that he doesn't want to be here then I'd rather he wasn't, regardless of how many he grabs for Huddersfield. In fact the more he scores for them the easier he will be to offload and hopefully free up funds for a player who does want to be here.

If Beckford wants to be here then YES.

He looks in much better form now.

But i get the feeling Beckford is enjoying being a 1st team regular and playing under his former manager Simon Grayson at Huddersfield and would rather stay there.

IF he decides he is happy to come back. The manager is happy to have him. He's going to work for the team and up his performances as most players have this year. Then fine, but lets be honest here, that isn't going to happen.

Review the situation in January when we know how he's performing, how we are performing, how Huddersfield or any team that wants him are performing, and whether any cash bids come in for him.

For a man who usually has to have everything backed up with facts there is an awful lot of supposition here - how on earth do you know he doesn't want to be here? While the manager who brought Vardy in plays Vardy we are top but what if he gets injured/a cold/ sent off - is Waghorn really a sensible bet to be in the side? Come on babylon, you expect better from everyone else so keep your standards up

But then when we had Yakubu we had certain people on here saying he was lazy and he only scored goals.

Regarding Beckford I voted No he shouldn't be recalled. We're top of the league, playing some great football and I don't think he fits in with Pearson's style of football. But I'd like to see either Futcas or Schluup given a chance ahead of Waghorn, or even Nugent up top on his own with Knockaert in the hole just behind. Most of our attacks in the first half on Saturday came from Knockaert picking up the ball in the centre and running at the defence. But this also left De Laet exposed quite a bit down the right hand side.

I assume you didn't see Waghorn at Birmingham on Saturday? Beckford has scored 2 in 3 games at Huddersfield. It's just a question of whether he can be arsed to play for us.

Yeah, because Beckford never, ever missed an easy chance did he... oh wait!

When we're paying him circa 30k, it shouldn't be a question of him being "arsed to play for us".

For a man who usually has to have everything backed up with facts there is an awful lot of supposition here - how on earth do you know he doesn't want to be here? While the manager who brought Vardy in plays Vardy we are top but what if he gets injured/a cold/ sent off - is Waghorn really a sensible bet to be in the side? Come on babylon, you expect better from everyone else so keep your standards up

What facts like Pearson stating clearly in public that Beckford wanted to go. What do you want a written letter signed by Beckford?

Couldn't have put it better myself

I know you don't care Col, but these Beckford threads are seriously boring me.

You made a excellent point earlier on De Laet and Moore.

Then you make this :(

It's not boring to me mate. I think it's an important question to ask at present and reflects many recent posts across the forum.

I'd like to gauge people's opinion.

"He wanted to go, so I let him go," said Pearson. "I have said all along I want players who want to be at the club and it is a decision I have made for the good of the group."

There isn't really a place here for Beckford anymore which is a shame as we have and still are wasting a lot of money on him.

In an an ideal world both him and Waghorn should be moved on in January and if possible the proceeds should be used to bring someone else in to give Vardy some serious competition. And it'd have to be someone who is willing to fight for their place and not think they have a right to start i.e Beckford.

However as I say with him on the wage that he is on and with his lack of form shifting him will be difficult. I'm guessing thats probably why he's been loaned out, shop window and all.

No. I would approach Huddersfield in Jan and say look beckford has been playing, scoring, you have the money from blackburn, please take him now.

He clearly enjoys playing for Grayson, I know we actually play with an approach that would suit him a little more now as he could feed of knockaert's clever passes, but he never looked like he wanted to play for us and it would mean moving Nugent again.

Let's just accept it was a move that didn't work out and the sooner he is off the wage bill and not sulking about the place the better.

I'm told that he is actually a decent bloke and always got on well with the players, but I just don't think his face fits, he's similar in style to DJ campbell and we couldn't make that work either.

He was poor for us. Stop using hindsight to prove a point. If he's happy to play for us and not throw wobblies if he's not in the team AND Pearson is ready to welcome him back, that is the only situation in which he should return.

Guest BlueBrett

Nononononono NO.

Hope he keeps scoring for Huddersfield so we can recoup some of the money we wasted on him in Jan. We'll never see the 30 odd k a week we've been paying him again but I'd happily take that hit to never have to see his smarmy conceited face in a city shirt again.

Didn't work for Beckford when he was here. Didn't work for us when he was here. Don't dislike the fella but he had a good run in the team again at the start of this season and not only failed as a goalscorer, but pissed off most of the fans, not just the shouty ones. He also asked to leave.

Didn't see us at Brum, but don't quite understand the vitriol towards Waggy. Accounts suggest he's doing pretty well, finishing aside, and as everyone should be aware we're doing quite nicely as a team at the moment. He's scored plenty for us in the past, but crucially when he doesn't score he does work his socks off and contribute in other ways. Hopefully Vardy's better soon, and we can use Waggy or Futacs, or Schlupp as our subs. But not Beckford: goodbye and good luck...

Archived