Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The 'Beckford Saga' Part God knows....

Beckford  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beckford return at the earliest opportunity

• Yes
    • No

I assume you didn't see Waghorn at Birmingham on Saturday? Beckford has scored 2 in 3 games at Huddersfield. It's just a question of whether he can be arsed to play for us.

And I assume you didn't see Beckford for most of last season either. You can probably count on two hands the number of games Waghorn has started up front since the first time Pearson left.

Will he get back that form? I don't know, perhaps not. But the majority of this board, and I mean the vast majority wanted the lad to sign because of those performances. Since that penalty kick against Cardiff he has been shoved out wide, dropped from the squad, loaned out, injured, or had the odd start up front which he'd be hammered for when he doesn't walk into the team and be brilliant instantly.

I would agree with anyone saying he probably needed a loan move for a couple of months so that he could try and get back some form. For all we know that might have been on the agenda until Beckford said he wanted to go. But the way people go on about him and slate him is utterly pathetic. Especially when the same people would stick up for Beckford saying he needed a run in the team to find form or blame the midfield left right and centre for his failure / performances last year.

people who go on about recalling Beckford. He's done nothing for us. Then theirs people like Wellens who had done amazing for this club and no one even wants him back again. Same with Gallagher really. Gally and Wellens have done well for us and I would welcome them back to fight for places any time. But Beckford doesn't want to play for us, scores hardly any goals and is lazy. I don't get it. I Would sooner recall Hopper or play Panayitou than Beckford. They will fight and will obviously want to play for us.

The reason Waghorn is playing is because he wants to play for us. As do Vardy, Schlupp and Nugent. Beckford doesn't so let him fack off.

Although I used to back Beckford while he was here, I think the awnser to you're question would be no don't recall him but sell him in January, if he doesn't want to be here then why would anyone want him to be re-called add in his supposed wages then it would be stupid not to sell ASAP.

I'm sure we could bring in another quality forward with his money, someone that wants to play for the team and the manager, I would also look at selling Waghorn as well because as much as he loves the club and try's his hardest he AINT good enough.

No, if he doesn't want to be here he shouldn't be here. I rate him more than some of the strikers here but sometimes things just don't work out. It sounds like he's not been working hard enough to get back into the team and has instead asked for a loan move.

However, we will need another striker sooner or later, possibly on loan. And until then I'd like to see Schlupp, not Waghorn, as third choice.

Wish you included a 'not sure' option Col ;) ... Beckford has more quality than Waghorn (coming from the bench as I prefer Vardy/Nugent anyway) but I'm really not sure. He scored a good goal, again, for Huddersfield at the weekend but didn't really show any of that here, maybe apart from his hat-trick in the Cup.

I still think we lack quality up front when one of Nugent or Vardy is missing, like on Saturday. Although I would have liked to see Schlupp ahead of Waghorn as I think he is the better finisher.

Bit of a pointless poll always clear the majority know his time here is up.

Just a few of us think the whole thing could of been delt with better, and as a result we lack depth up front.

I don't think it could have been dealt with any better to be honest, if the board wern't happy with what Hudds offered on deadline day then sobeit, the player didn't want to be here... he couldn't sell him now so his only option was to loan him out.

No. I would approach Huddersfield in Jan and say look beckford has been playing, scoring, you have the money from blackburn, please take him now.

He clearly enjoys playing for Grayson, I know we actually play with an approach that would suit him a little more now as he could feed of knockaert's clever passes, but he never looked like he wanted to play for us and it would mean moving Nugent again.

Let's just accept it was a move that didn't work out and the sooner he is off the wage bill and not sulking about the place the better.

I'm told that he is actually a decent bloke and always got on well with the players, but I just don't think his face fits, he's similar in style to DJ campbell and we couldn't make that work either.

I'm sorry but why people keep on saying things like this, look at his goal on Saturday, and previous goal for Huddersfield, and his goals for us last season, a lot of goals come from crosses and long balls, he thrives on snap shots and half chances in the area, we are not a long ball crossing side, we are a pressing possession side. Huddersfield play in a way that suits him, we don't. He doesn't have the all round game that Nugent and Vardy do. He likes to hang off the last defender play off a big man, and wait for a chance to fall to him in the box.

That is not to say he can't do it, and wouldn't thrive off knocky's balls :ph34r: but if he is asked to perform the hard working role, it is not that he won't it is just he is not good at it, it is not his game and it detracts from what he is good at.

If I was Nigel, and Beckford continues this form, (lets not forget he had a few good spells for us, 3 games in which he was shit in the first, but scored in the next 2 is not a great barometer) then when the loan deal finishes I would bring him back, give him the chance to play a couple of games for us to prove he can do it for us, if not, then he can go to Huddersfield.

Bit of a pointless poll always clear the majority know his time here is up.

Just a few of us think the whole thing could of been delt with better, and as a result we lack depth up front.

It would seem I'm on your 'have a pop at list now then eh'? It's pervading into a few threads...

It's not a pointless poll at all.

Ten people so far think we should get Beckford back and it's already generated many responses.

Just because I disagreed with you over something don't take it personally.

:thumbup:

I don't think it could have been dealt with any better to be honest, if the board wern't happy with what Hudds offered on deadline day then sobeit, the player didn't want to be here... he couldn't sell him now so his only option was to loan him out.

I think it really should of been ascertained whether or not he wanted to play for the club earlier than it was. And we re now paying him to play for Huddersfield for 4 months!

It would seem I'm on your 'have a pop at list now then eh'? It's pervading into a few threads...

It's not a pointless poll at all.

Ten people so far think we should get Beckford back and it's already generated many responses.

Just because I disagreed with you over something don't take it personally.

:thumbup:

Not at all lol one was a disagreement granted, one was you saying "we are top of the league" in about 7 consecutive posts which was just funny, and Babylon bought you up in the other one not me.

And this is pointless it's been done to death and the majority were always going to say no.

Who says?

No way on gods green earth Huddersfield Town are paying 100% of his wages, no way at all.

Not at all lol one was a disagreement granted, one was you saying "we are top of the league" in about 7 consecutive posts which was just funny, and Babylon bought you up in the other one not me.

And this is pointless it's been done to death and the majority were always going to say no.

Yeah rite...

:whistle:

I think you gone a bit mardy cos someone disagreed... Just a little?

C'mon....

lol

And, I may be wrong...but I think secretly you'd like Beckford back?

lol

Do we know who is paying what?

I thought he took a pay cut because Huddersfield weren't willing to pay his full wages and we weren't willing to pay him to play for another side.

So we're not paying him anything.

Gotta respect him for taking a pay cut rather than stagnate in the reserves.

I thought he took a pay cut because Huddersfield weren't willing to pay his full wages and we weren't willing to pay him to play for another side.

I know their end came out and made comments about Beckford doing a lot to make it possible. My guess was the same as yours that he was sacrificing something, but obviously we'll never know the ins and outs.

:source: Be amazed if he took a pay cut, amazed, fair play to him if thats true though.

EDIT: reverting back to my orginal point though, if that is true and the money at Huddersfield wasn't an issue for him given they'd just sold a player for 8 million surely they must of offered is something in the ball park of reasonable, we should of sold, and bought in a suitbable replacement.

80% of people are sane & realise that in 80% of games he did **** all and probably even hindered things. :thumbup:

20% of people have had a lobotomy or something :unsure:

All I can say is, thank goodness we've used the shop window to get his probable £1m/yr wages off the books once the window opens.

reverting back to my orginal point though, if that is true and the money at Huddersfield wasn't an issue for him given they'd just sold a player for 8 million surely they must of offered is something in the ball park of reasonable, we should of sold, and bought in a suitbable replacement.

They also said they probably wouldn't be making the move permanent, so there was never an opportunity for us to make it permanent. Otherwise I'm sure we would, perhaps come Jan if he's banged in some goals the board will feel pressured into doing so their end.

I checked yes, but only as a back-up for Vardy and Nugent, and if both him and Pearson wanted to. He's still preferable to Waghorn.

Also huddersfield are doing pretty well at the moment and It would be really annoying if he got them promoted at our expense.

They also said they probably wouldn't be making the move permanent, so there was never an opportunity for us to make it permanent. Otherwise I'm sure we would, perhaps come Jan if he's banged in some goals the board will feel pressured into doing so their end.

Odd that, having sold their biggest asses you'd of thought they'd of wanted some sort of sustainable replacement. Still think if managed better we could of got rid of him in the summer. If we get a decent fee and replace him in January though I can live with that hopefully Vardy's better soon.

Archived