Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The 'Beckford Saga' Part God knows....

Beckford  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beckford return at the earliest opportunity

• Yes
    • No

Can someone tell me when he's said he doesn't want to play for Leicester?

Pearson gave an interview around the time he went on loan saying that he didn't want to be here, so we let him go because he didn't want any players at the club who don't want to be here, can't find it at the mo though.

You should see his performance against Barnsley on the Skysports site though - cracking header and later on a great run into the box and jinxed two defenders, forcing a fine save.........just saying like

You should see his performances in 35 of his games for Leicester.just saying like.

It's pretty obvious Pearson was told to reduce the wage bill dramatically He has done so by attempting to get rid of the players he either thinks we can cope without or ones that he thinks dont have the right attitude. His policy of Beckford was bound to force him out eventually.

If he was ever going to become our "25 goal a season man" then he needed a long run in the side to get his confidence flowing.

Goodbye Mr.Beckford

It's pretty obvious Pearson was told to reduce the wage bill dramatically He has done so by attempting to get rid of the players he either thinks we can cope without or ones that he thinks dont have the right attitude. His policy of Beckford was bound to force him out eventually.

If he was ever going to become our "25 goal a season man" then he needed a long run in the side to get his confidence flowing.

Goodbye Mr.Beckford

He had a half-season-long run in the side.

He was ****ing shit. I don't understand why this debate is still going on.

You should see his performances in 35 of his games for Leicester.just saying like.

Spose its a bit like Berbatov - can't get arrested at Man U and now is on fire at Fulham - difference is we haven't got the Championship version of Van Persie, Hernandez or Rooney to take Becks place - just saying like.....

He had a half-season-long run in the side.

He was ****ing shit. I don't understand why this debate is still going on.

Name the great players from last season - Nuges 10 game drought? King? Howard? Schmeics? Dyer? will make good reading when you name your 10 stars .........

Spose its a bit like Berbatov - can't get arrested at Man U and now is on fire at Fulham - difference is we haven't got the Championship version of Van Persie, Hernandez or Rooney to take Becks place - just saying like.....

No the difference is Berbatov was still the top scorer in the Premier League for United.

Name the great players from last season - Nuges 10 game drought? King? Howard? Schmeics? Dyer? will make good reading when you name your 10 stars .........

Why do I need to name 10 star players to justify Beckford being shit? The only person who is trying to justify Beckford being a poor footballer around here is you. All of the players you mentioned above put in far better showings than Beckford did, despite the fact that only Schmeichel had a particularly good season.

Bore off back to that rock under which you were hiding when we'd won 6 of the last 7 and were top of the league.

Bore off back to that rock under which you were hiding when we'd won 6 of the last 7 and were top of the league.

To be fair he was pretty much the only WUM who stuck around when we had that run.

Surely Nugent is a player of similar, or IMO, better quality? His goalscoring record in this league is certainly superior.

It's a shame Beckford never did the business for us, it's a shame he doesn't want to play for us anymore, it's a shame he seems to be doing marginally better now at Huddersfield, but I doubt there's anything that we can do to change any of that now. It just hasn't worked out at all, we've had our fingers burnt once again and I think we'd be better off just cutting our losses. Huddersfield have got the Rhodes money burning a hole in their pocket - we should be able to recoup a lot of the transfer fee we paid for him, couple that with getting his astronomical wages off the books and we should have funds available in January to significantly improve the squad - I'm sure Pearson & Co will be lining up a replacement.

I think we need to look to the future - Beckford's now a thing of the past.

Anybody know how much we have to pay Everton if Beckford made another appearance for us? Didn't we pay £2 million up front with a further £2 million in add on's? I suspect after 50 games there was a decent chunk to be paid to them.

Good point, I'd expect that would certainly factor into our decision to move him on.

Anybody know how much we have to pay Everton if Beckford made another appearance for us? Didn't we pay £2 million up front with a further £2 million in add on's? I suspect after 50 games there was a decent chunk to be paid to them.

BINGO. I think you may have cracked why he is not playing for us.

BINGO. I think you may have cracked why he is not playing for us.

Or because his sub appearance against Blackpool (his last in a city shirt) was one of the worst in living memory by almost any player. He actually looked like he was trying to lose us the game. lol

Or because his sub appearance against Blackpool (his last in a city shirt) was one of the worst in living memory by almost any player. He actually looked like he was trying to lose us the game. lol

You have a short memory.... Hammond... Cort...Hayles etc etc etc

If that is the only reaon then it's very short sighted, if his goals helped us gain promotion then it would be worth every penny and more, lots more.

If you have already spent £2m on a man who scored 9 goals and played 40 shit games, would you fork out another £2m in the hope his piss poor performances improved?

It was slightly tongue in cheek, but it was bloody rubbish.

If you have already spent £2m on a man who scored 9 goals and played 40 shit games, would you fork out another £2m in the hope his piss poor performances improved?

Exactly. Good work by the club if it's true - he would never score the amount of goals required to justify a further transfer fee.

Yours is worryingly short... See any performance last season that wasn't Forest home or Southampton away.

Still, lets keep waving the flag for players who made a remarkably average team, who couldn't beat an egg, over those who look like making up a good team, who broadly speaking have dominated teams for the whole season.

Archived