Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The 'Beckford Saga' Part God knows....

Beckford  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beckford return at the earliest opportunity

• Yes
    • No

What a lovely person you seem oh warrior of the keyboard - so everyone was better than him last season - you are missing the point or just a bit retarded - no one was bathed in glory last season and with only four showings this year how can you be so sure he wouldn't find his form? He's starting to find it again now he has left here or don't those goals count?

Like Indierich, you are all so nasty when you don't get your own way

Much as I do enjoy your winding everybody up you seem to be missing the main point in the arguement and that is he doesn't want to be here, and even if he did the manager doesn't want him here. Not great management from Pearson but when all is said and done it's hardly a sackable offence. So the discussionand, and indeed, this whole thread is pointless. Time to move on

He's also missed some sitters and hasn't played much in the last month...

And has 2 for the season when Charlie Austin, for example is on 13.... And Mackail-Smith is on 10... And.....

Change for changes sake? So you'd have stuck with Sousa and Sven then would you?

Or Beckford, or Danns or....

Oh forget it, I'm being 'moronic'...

:thumbup:

He was ill, then injured... He's first choice when fit.

As I said at the time, I wanted Charlie Austin and CMS... instead of chasing that much heralded flop of a marquee signing we did do.

Wouldn't have had NP leaving in the first place... coincidentally(?) the day after AFI was formed by the Thais and the other guy. So the fact he's back is 3 changes too many, much to the detriment of our club. and My thoughts on Sousa's woefully inadequate pre-season and seemingly total lack of management ability were also clear. And as for Sven... you know as well as anyone my thoughts on that fraudster, not in just him delivering mid-table football with a bunch of mis-fits only good for going down Nandos together, but also in endangering the future of the club again with ridiculous unsustainable activity, backed by naive board who also fell for the con... My feelings on Sven never changed from the moment he too the FA for a ride whilst wining & dining with Chelsea to get a new deal out the FA whilst massively under-achieving with the most talented players England had for decades and probably will do for even longer given how poor Welbeck & Young are in comparison to Sven's pickings... right up to the moment he was unveiled for us and his under-achievement despite personal massive reward continued.

Drinkwater > Danns... and Vardy > Beckford.... and importantly they're at the right age to continually improve, have a long career with us and give us their best years... if there's stability at the top.

As for someone else coming in... I think we'd be signing a problem not a solution, they'd either have to come with the knowledge they'd need to be happy on the bench... or we'd have to sell people already here, is there anyone better than is already here?

Really not sure what someone's scoring rate at another club matters, the teams play specifically to that forward's game, we aren't mid-table Burnley or mid-table Millwall we don't play their way. So no one knows how that goal scoring record translates with a transfer.

What you're saying now for the names you mentioned was exactly the same as was said for Billy sharp before he went Southampton, He was an in form championship striker

Funny how no one mentioned that they wished we had him after Saturday's game against Forest... 'flavour of the month' isn't always the one that we should be after.

I'd say NP will sign someone if he can he thinks will fit in with how we play, if they improve on those already here.

Personally I think we have the players we need, it's all about whether they go out on the pitch with the right enthusiasm and tempo, if we do then we're amongst the best in the division and no one can live with us... and it's that, that I'm concerned about, not other club's flavour of the months like Billy Sharp or whoever it is these days.

He was ill, then injured... He's first choice when fit.

As I said at the time, I wanted Charlie Austin and CMS... instead of chasing that much heralded flop of a marquee signing we did do.

Wouldn't have had NP leaving in the first place... coincidentally(?) the day after AFI was formed by the Thais and the other guy. So the fact he's back is 3 changes too many, much to the detriment of our club. and My thoughts on Sousa's woefully inadequate pre-season and seemingly total lack of management ability were also clear. And as for Sven... you know as well as anyone my thoughts on that fraudster, not in just him delivering mid-table football with a bunch of mis-fits only good for going down Nandos together, but also in endangering the future of the club again with ridiculous unsustainable activity, backed by naive board who also fell for the con... My feelings on Sven never changed from the moment he too the FA for a ride whilst wining & dining with Chelsea to get a new deal out the FA whilst massively under-achieving with the most talented players England had for decades and probably will do for even longer given how poor Welbeck & Young are in comparison to Sven's pickings... right up to the moment he was unveiled for us and his under-achievement despite personal massive reward continued.

Drinkwater > Danns... and Vardy > Beckford.... and importantly they're at the right age to continually improve, have a long career with us and give us their best years... if there's stability at the top.

As for someone else coming in... I think we'd be signing a problem not a solution, they'd either have to come with the knowledge they'd need to be happy on the bench... or we'd have to sell people already here, is there anyone better than is already here?

Really not sure what someone's scoring rate at another club matters, the teams play specifically to that forward's game, we aren't mid-table Burnley or mid-table Millwall we don't play their way. So no one knows how that goal scoring record translates with a transfer.

What you're saying now for the names you mentioned was exactly the same as was said for Billy sharp before he went Southampton, He was an in form championship striker

Funny how no one mentioned that they wished we had him after Saturday's game against Forest... 'flavour of the month' isn't always the one that we should be after.

I'd say NP will sign someone if he can he thinks will fit in with how we play, if they improve on those already here.

Personally I think we have the players we need, it's all about whether they go out on the pitch with the right enthusiasm and tempo, if we do then we're amongst the best in the division and no one can live with us... and it's that, that I'm concerned about, not other club's flavour of the months like Billy Sharp or whoever it is these days.

Best post I've seen you write in ages and no mention of wumming or moronic activity!

I simply don't agree with you when you write 'is there anyone better than already here'?

Nugent apart, I'm not sure our strike force options of Vardy, Waghorn and Futacs are good enough. Vardy maybe, Waggy won't score enough IMO, Futacs is a bizarre signing.

Anyway, to stop all this long-winded nonsense, if there's money, I'd get a better strike option in Jan. You're happy with what we have. Time will tell.

What a lovely person you seem oh warrior of the keyboard - so everyone was better than him last season - you are missing the point or just a bit retarded - no one was bathed in glory last season and with only four showings this year how can you be so sure he wouldn't find his form? He's starting to find it again now he has left here or don't those goals count?

Like Indierich, you are all so nasty when you don't get your own way

I must be a bit retarded for rising to you.

• 3 weeks later...

for those who care-

JERMAINE BECKFORD is set to be called up by Jamaica.

The Reggae Boyz want the Leicester hitman, 28, who is currently on loan at Huddersfield, to boost their hopes of reaching the 2014 World Cup finals.

-The Sun

Bizarre, but good luck to him.

Anyone know what has happened to him at Huddersfield?

He doesn't seem to have played since the 10th of Nov, and that was after missing 2 games with injury.

Makes this possible call up even more bizarre.

for those who care-

JERMAINE BECKFORD is set to be called up by Jamaica.

The Reggae Boyz want the Leicester hitman, 28, who is currently on loan at Huddersfield, to boost their hopes of reaching the 2014 World Cup finals.

-The Sun

Why have they waited until now to call him up? Surely they would've done it a couple of years ago when at Everton, if not when he was banging in the goals at Leeds.

• 5 months later...

Beckford to Bolton?

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/5/9/4316440/report-out-of-leicester-says-bolton-have-opened-talks-over-jermaine?

Glad there's a club out there with more money than sense who will take our highly paid rejects off our hands !!

Lets not forget, we've been that club for the past couple of seasons. 

Beckford to Bolton?

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/5/9/4316440/report-out-of-leicester-says-bolton-have-opened-talks-over-jermaine?

Glad there's a club out there with more money than sense who will take our highly paid rejects off our hands !!

Have they not learnt from Mills?!

I'd imagine they might get the message this time if they come asking for a loan and we're adamant that we want a permanent deal as we did with Mills. Fingers crossed not!

:blink:

Neil Danns and Jermaine Beckford will not feature as their loan deals at Huddersfield do not end until June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22437219

Sorry I had seen your above post.

That's cleared that up then lol

:blink:

Neil Danns and Jermaine Beckford will not feature as their loan deals at Huddersfield do not end until June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22437219

Sorry I hadn't seen your above post.

That's cleared that up then lol

Shame though looking at the ineptitude and ineffectiveness of Wood and Kane........

Oh look, it's back!!!

Judging from your comment about Kane, I take it you just spout nonsense solely because you didn't watch the game (as usual), eh?

Obviously it watched the game, cretin that you are, I particularly enjoyed Harry's second goal...........

J'aimerais bien savoir si tu as appris plus de mots de français sauf cette éxpression magnifique "cretin".

Also, you're just being a tit. I didn't expect anything less from you.

You only really pop up visibly when we do badly, now you just don't know where to take that gloating from any longer, eh?

Archived