Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Crystal palace pre match Twaddle.

Didn't realise, they have been unbeaten since August!!!

Yes, a lot depends on the fixtures though, i'm more impressed with our start to the season. We've played some very tough fixtures so far against most of the top half and we're top with the second best defence and the best goal difference. I don't think Freedman would have left for a team in a worse position if Palace were as good as their league position would suggest.

Why do the football league show usually feature a game that is live on Sky?!?! just to confirm zaha is back from suspension for this game. a definite for any goals galore bets i'm thinking....so i'm guna go for 4-2 leicester. COYB

That's why they do it, they don't have to pay for the camera's they just get sky's footage.

First home game this season that'll I miss. On way to Devon for a wedding of two people I don't even know*. Feeling sorry for myself :(

*my wife knows them - I'm not travelling 200 miles to randomly gate crash some stranger's wedding.

They'd better win it or I'll be in an even worse mood than I am now.

First home game this season that'll I miss. On way to Devon for a wedding of two people I don't even know*. Feeling sorry for myself :(

*my wife knows them - I'm not travelling 200 miles to randomly gate crash some stranger's wedding.

They'd better win it or I'll be in an even worse mood than I am now.

Ill offer you my condolences at this point mate....

:thumbup:

Ill offer you my condolences at this point mate....

:thumbup:

Cheers Col. The wife has just informed me that the buffet includes venison Wellington and slow-roasted lamb so I'm slightly more enthusiastic than I was.

We've also just passed a place called 'Wookey Hole' - that cheered me up a bit.

Cheers Col. The wife has just informed me that the buffet includes venison Wellington and slow-roasted lamb so I'm slightly more enthusiastic than I was.

We've also just passed a place called 'Wookey Hole' - that cheered me up a bit.

lol

The grub does sound nice.. And it's a lovely day so far mate.

Have fun. Maybe the reception will have a big screen with Stelling on?

Stella and Stelling could heighten your spirits!

lol

The grub does sound nice.. And it's a lovely day so far mate.

Have fun. Maybe the reception will have a big screen with Stelling on?

Stella and Stelling could heighten your spirits!

Fingers crossed! With a bit of luck there'll be at least a decent wifi connection!

Fingers crossed! With a bit of luck there'll be at least a decent wifi connection!

listen to the 5 live commentary over little ear phones, just hope we dont score when the vicar says does any one here object - can't have you shouting out "yeeessss" Spanish style!

If it hasn't alreay been said, Palace are now managerless as Dougie Freedman has left to take over Bolton. it is also suggested that his backroom staff are about to leave to join him at Bolton. Club in some tumoil and leaves them ready for the picking tonight.

It is not like we are playing agaisnst a teram with a new Gaffer which normally means a win.

From Soccernet.

Bolton-bound Dougie Freedman had departed as manager just hours before the match in South Yorkshire, and Lennie Lawrence and Curtis Fleming, the men who took temporary charge, are both expected to eventually follow Freedman to the Reebok Stadium.

Is Nugent OK for this?

Problem with his "achilles heel" according to the Merc :D

Defender Ritchie De Laet was substituted during Tuesday night's victory against Brighton with a chest injury, while striker David Nugent has a problem with his Achilles heel.

A few thoughts from a Palace fan. Like many others, not going today because (late in the day) it's been made all ticket. Why have they done this?

On our support, we're not that pathetic or small and averaged around 1200 away from home last year, despite being largely crap to watch. The "On tour" day is about getting bigger numbers to a stadium that's away from our normal targets (and we always sell out at Watford, Charlton, Millwall, Brighton etc). Home crowds are on the up, despite the worst stadium in the league and four years being close to relegation. No doubt Leicester are a much "bigger" club, but not sure why such an effort on our part is seen as a joke by some.

Freedman leaving us is bizarre and depressing, and we don't know what to think. Most of our lives supporting Palace have involved him, and he's great guy (less certain about unproven management ability). Probably a good time to play us, but you all seem to think that Zaha is our only threat. WRONG (and I hope we prove that). We are transformed in attacking terms by the arrival of Bolasie, Moritz and the effect of a diet on Dickagoi. Murray is knocking in goals as well. Where you'r right is our defence.

As it happens I have fond memories of many visits to Filbert Street, and used to stay overnight at a great Pub in a village about ten miles outside of town. Was at FB when our Italian International (!), Michele Padavano, scored his only goal for Palace (in his only decent performance). Very Italian celebration in front of us, and then he drew his £1m salary while making occasional reserve appearances!

Personally hoping for a draw today, but that's unusual for us.

Archived