Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Seriously now...

[he's] completely restored my own faith in the club and its wider reputation.

I think this is really important. When we were playing managerial merry-go-round, it was embarrassing. Milan and his spoutings to the media, declaring we were much better than we evidently were, being asked "who do you support?" became something to dread. Even with Sven, being linked with Beckham felt like the Notts County/QPR/early Man City days, where the owners and manager didn't seem to have a grasp of reality.

The difference now is huge. NP is realistic in defeat and victory, is building a proper squad of hungry, hardworking and skilful players (it's not finished, but he's one year in and we have 15 or so players who you can feel confident in). He sees talent where others don't (Morgan, Knocky, Vardy) and has brought the best back out of the likes of SSL, King and Dyer, who were all written off by many on here. More importantly still, we win games when we trail. The Foxes Never Quit spirit, which has been missing since O'Neill, is back, and I love it. If a Sven team conceded first, you could pretty go home.

LCFC is back to being a team to take real pride in again-fantastic...

I do question anyones knowledge on football if they have ever genuinely wanted Pearson out

Why?

A lot of the results and performances last season fell well short of what was expected/hoped for or did you KNOW that Pearson would completely change the style of play this season?

It's all about opinions, managers have hugely differing opinions on the same players, does that mean you can question their knowledge?

Why?

A lot of the results and performances last season fell well short of what was expected/hoped for or did you KNOW that Pearson would completely change the style of play this season?

It's all about opinions, managers have hugely differing opinions on the same players, does that mean you can question their knowledge?

Did you KNOW he wasn't going to change his style of play and have us top of the league in October?

Of course you didn't, you couldn't have because we actually have changed our style of play and are top in October.

Therefore how could you, with any sanity, want a manager out before a year in charge (considering we weren't in danger of relegation and hadn't even regressed from the previous manager)?

Making such rash calls would demonstrate little knowledge of football.

Why?

Fans conveniently forgot his past record with us. No noone knew he'd change his style of play but were very very effective under his previous tenure playing defensively. So i had vomplete and utter daith ib him.

The fans who doubted him were mainly those who naintained their love for sven when anyone could see sven wasnt getting us anywhere. Pearson has been here almost a year now and his transition within a year has been a world away compared to the changes we had when sven was here for a year.

And yes several times i questioned svens knowledge of this league and players rewuired to get out of this league.

Pearson is very studious and knows the league and its players inside out. Sven didnt

I do wish some people would stop acting like we've won the league already. Obviously we've done extremely well so far, but still anything could happen!

Some of the threads have been a bit daft I'll admit.

However, it's not too early to say that the people who wanted him out in May/September were rash.

Yes really. Find me a post where i say otherwise, though i qas that ****ed off with the Pearson out brigade i rarely posted. Or look at my profile status on here

I'm sure you haven't posted where you have said otherwise.

My point that was that 'complete and utter faith' probably isn't a good thing.

I do wish some people would stop acting like we've won the league already. Obviously we've done extremely well so far, but still anything could happen!

Agreed. Some c*nt was planning our promotion party at Forest, the other day. Far too early.

I'm enjoying our current run, though. If we'd gone on this run at any point last season, we would have been about 11-12 points better of and would've breezed into the Play-Offs.

There doesn't seem to be any point moaning about Nige when he is doing well, now does there? Thing is, some go on this forum to find out what the mood of the fans is, some like to get whatever it is off their chests and others like to go on here saying how great things are, even when they're not.

If some of the fans had not been so disgruntled, even early into the season when we were getting beat away and losing to 4th div clubs at home, then who knows, Nige may have kept up the past 2 seasons form of total indifference with ugly football to boot - I stand by what I said - the Nige of May and the Nige of Sept this year were poor imitations of the man now and had he been performing like that instead of how he is now I would still want shot of him BUT well done to him for turning it around and long may it continue - if it he goes back to shite hoof ball and mid table though, will his smug army still be worshipping?

So now you are attempting to get some minor credit for the turn around. lol

Sometimes it takes time to get things right, you weren't prepared to give him that time. You get no credit for it at all I'm afraid. Thankfully the vast majority were aware that instant turn arounds do not always happen, that a January transfer window isn't ideal for restructuring your team, and that it's quite difficult to have a large impact on the fitness of players when taking over in the middle of an already packed schedule of games.

They also remembered the good work he did here previously, and what he was doing at Hull (you can deny it all you want but they were very happy with him).

So now you are attempting to get some minor credit for the turn around. lol

Sometimes it takes time to get things right, you weren't prepared to give him that time. You get no credit for it at all I'm afraid. Thankfully the vast majority were aware that instant turn arounds do not always happen, that a January transfer window isn't ideal for restructuring your team, and that it's quite difficult to have a large impact on the fitness of players when taking over in the middle of an already packed schedule of games.

They also remembered the good work he did here previously, and what he was doing at Hull (you can deny it all you want but they were very happy with him).

Oh and I forgot, some go on here to be smart arses and propagate the theory that a mid table finish (below Leicester) and an indifferent start to the next season and the fact that is enough for Dull fans, is reason enough to praise the man.

I don't want any credit for his turnaround - I had no faith in him and for 6 games he has proven me wrong (not so much against Birmingham) so as I say well done to him for that, but the general smugness exhibited by some on here after less than a quarter of the season suggests that if he doesn't maintain this there are going to be some very demoralised little lambs

Still, delighted to be top and have my expectations exceeded - you must be felling a bit let down as you would have expected a little more I guess.......

Oh and I forgot, some go on here to be smart arses and propagate the theory that a mid table finish (below Leicester) and an indifferent start to the next season and the fact that is enough for Dull fans, is reason enough to praise the man.

No a man having to completely restructure the team, get rid of high wage earners gets credit for doing so. Where as Leicester were spending cash like it was going out of fashion... who had the harder job? And the second season they were three points off second on a 9 game unbeaten run which is when he started getting linked to us.

There doesn't seem to be any point moaning about Nige when he is doing well, now does there? Thing is, some go on this forum to find out what the mood of the fans is, some like to get whatever it is off their chests and others like to go on here saying how great things are, even when they're not.

If some of the fans had not been so disgruntled, even early into the season when we were getting beat away and losing to 4th div clubs at home, then who knows, Nige may have kept up the past 2 seasons form of total indifference with ugly football to boot - I stand by what I said - the Nige of May and the Nige of Sept this year were poor imitations of the man now and had he been performing like that instead of how he is now I would still want shot of him BUT well done to him for turning it around and long may it continue - if it he goes back to shite hoof ball and mid table though, will his smug army still be worshipping?

We have been playing the same style of football all season. The only difference now is that we have cut out yhe defensive mistakes and are getting yhe rub of the green a little more.

Sometimes it is ok to admit you were wrong. You may go up in peoples estimations by being honest.

We have been playing the same style of football all season. The only difference now is that we have cut out yhe defensive mistakes and are getting yhe rub of the green a little more.

Sometimes it is ok to admit you were wrong. You may go up in peoples estimations by being honest.

Top post...

:thumbup:

Archived