Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Seriously now...

Great result last night, come on!!!

I know half the people on here groan and half jump for joy (when I say half jump for joy I mean, you know, about two people 'n' that) when they see that Rumble has posted another of his drivel filled, self-important "ooh let's all be positive and stop being naughty boys" threads but here we go anyway.

I know I repeat myself often but it is because some folk on here really get up my ass hole. Right in there deep. Deeper than I can even dream of going with my tiny appendage. The thing is, after the great start we have had and the position we are in there are still some on here that like to poke into any slight negative and must just sit at their computers (in their sad little pants, cock in hand) thinking "I'm gunna sit ‘ere in me pants and wait for someone to miss a shot and then I'm gunna write about it on FoxesTalk to make my sad little life feel better". Well if that is you, just f"ck off. And they always come out with the "Being too positive after 10 results is just as bad as being too negative, I am cleverer and better than you because I like to say things like ‘give it time’ or ‘don't get carried away’?†whilst constantly, slyly slagging off the team and manager. That argument is just ridiculous. Are you telling me some of you "Stop getting carried away" brigade that if we were bottom of the league you would be on here saying "Give him time, we're only a third of the way through the season, don’t get carried away"? Anyway, the point of this opus is that I would like some of you negative Normans to tell me why you have reservations about Pearson. And I don't mean things like "We play hoof ball and he has his favourites". I mean actual proof. Actual empirical evidence. To me if you look at the evidence it suggests the following:

1. Pearson took over at the lowest point in our club's history and got us promoted at the first attempt at a canter.

2. He did this with a good mixture of younger and older players, on a small budget and completely restored my own faith in the club and its wider reputation.

3. He then got us into the Play Offs in our first season back in the Championship missing out only on a stupid penalty that he could not control.

4. He was then forced out of the club unfairly but acted with dignity at all times.

5. He came back and had a slow start.

6. This season he has cut the wage bill, reduced the size and age of the squad, got us playing exciting, attacking football and guided us to the top of the league.

7. We have won every home game this season.

8. At all times he has acted with dignity and fairness and seems to have created a togetherness at the club that I haven't seen since O'Neill was here (and that is based on verbatim quotations from a number of players and not from hearsay or rumour like the accusations of problems in the dressing room).

Right, I could go on but I'm just about to reach climax and find it hard to aim my tiny nob in the direction of my kitchen sink and type at the same time.

I am NOT getting carried away. I am NOT proclaiming that we will win the league and I am NOT declaring that we are the best team in the world. All I am saying is that Pearson, for me, has been absolutely fantastic in all of his time with us and there is nothing wrong with getting a little excited with how we are playing at the moment.

I am really looking forward to receiving your evidence based feelings on why some of you are still negative Nigels.

That's it, I've cum all over the dishes. Sorry Mum. Sorry Jesus.

X

3. He then got us into the Play Offs in our first season back in the Championship missing out only on a stupid penalty that he could not control.

We missed 2 penalties, and there is no guarantee that we'd have won at Wembley, so it's pusging to claim that we were unfortunate.

Throughout his career NFP teams have, in the main, played turgid football.

Anybody who claims that when we were playing boring, awful football last season they knew Pearson would have his team playing the football that we currently are is talking out of their arse.

Congratulations to him on changing the style, long may it continue.

I thought more unlucky against Cardiff was the 3 penalties we had turned down, the one they had that was offside, the free kick they scored being taken from completely the wrong position and the two men they should have had sent off in extra-time.

Other than that, they won fair and square :whistle:

Of course that's besides the point, the point is he got us into the play-offs (and it wasn't turgid when we were tucking 4 past QPR and Watford and 3 past Forest, not to mention playing a very talented QPR off the park again at Loftus Road earlier in the season) which was a ery good achievement considering we'd been in League 1 the season before.

Throughout his career NFP teams have, in the main, played turgid football.

Anybody who claims that when we were playing boring, awful football last season they knew Pearson would have his team playing the football that we currently are is talking out of their arse.

Hello cheerful, howw's things? lol, turgid? He has been defensively minded yes but in his first season with us he NEEDED promotion at all costs and succeeded it. You do realise how hard it is to get ou of League One yes? In his secoind we played some great stuff but were still slightly hand tied by lack of cash. Last season he came in mid way through and it wasn't great, I will admit that. This season, after being able to spend money and shape a team properly (for the first time since being with us) he has gotten us playing some great football.

Do you enjoy being negative? Seriously, I am intrigued.

I know half the people on here groan and half jump for joy (when I say half jump for joy I mean, you know, about two people 'n' that) when they see that Rumble has posted another of his drivel filled, self-important "ooh let's all be positive and stop being naughty boys" threads but here we go anyway.

I know I repeat myself often but it is because some folk on here really get up my ass hole. Right in there deep. Deeper than I can even dream of going with my tiny appendage. The thing is, after the great start we have had and the position we are in there are still some on here that like to poke into any slight negative and must just sit at their computers (in their sad little pants, cock in hand) thinking "I'm gunna sit ‘ere in me pants and wait for someone to miss a shot and then I'm gunna write about it on FoxesTalk to make my sad little life feel better". Well if that is you, just f"ck off. And they always come out with the "Being too positive after 10 results is just as bad as being too negative, I am cleverer and better than you because I like to say things like ‘give it time’ or ‘don't get carried away’?†whilst constantly, slyly slagging off the team and manager. That argument is just ridiculous. Are you telling me some of you "Stop getting carried away" brigade that if we were bottom of the league you would be on here saying "Give him time, we're only a third of the way through the season, don’t get carried away"? Anyway, the point of this opus is that I would like some of you negative Normans to tell me why you have reservations about Pearson. And I don't mean things like "We play hoof ball and he has his favourites". I mean actual proof. Actual empirical evidence. To me if you look at the evidence it suggests the following:

1. Pearson took over at the lowest point in our club's history and got us promoted at the first attempt at a canter.

2. He did this with a good mixture of younger and older players, on a small budget and completely restored my own faith in the club and its wider reputation.

4. He was then forced out of the club unfairly but acted with dignity at all times.

6. This season he has cut the wage bill, reduced the size and age of the squad, got us playing exciting, attacking football and guided us to the top of the league.

8. At all times he has acted with dignity and fairness and seems to have created a togetherness at the club that I haven't seen since O'Neill was here (and that is based on verbatim quotations from a number of players and not from hearsay or rumour like the accusations of problems in the dressing room).

Right, I could go on but I'm just about to reach climax and find it hard to aim my tiny nob in the direction of my kitchen sink and type at the same time.

I am NOT getting carried away. I am NOT proclaiming that we will win the league and I am NOT declaring that we are the best team in the world. All I am saying is that Pearson, for me, has been absolutely fantastic in all of his time with us and there is nothing wrong with getting a little excited with how we are playing at the moment.

I am really looking forward to receiving your evidence based feelings on why some of you are still negative Nigels.

X

Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying.

I don't think anyone can seriously put together any argument to discredit Pearson he is doing a good job so far. Doesn't mean that he or the team are perfect or above any kind of criticism.

For the record I was all for Pearson coming back, all be happy all you want, I’m happy. but when people are goading others by shouting their mouths off and asking "where are all the Pearson haters now" then they should be reminded of how far there is to go, I hate this "I told you so" attitude full stop, from either side of the fence, it's childish, but when it's 11 games in, we haven't actually achieved anything yet its doubly as bad.

X

Should of bought a dishwasher mate

Was just having a quick look at Brighton forums and seems alot of them want Poyet sacked and think Redknapp will be their next manager. Surely thats a joke? Sure they've had a bit of a bad run but their league position isn't terrible and do they really expect to be topping the table?

Was just having a quick look at Brighton forums and seems alot of them want Poyet sacked and think Redknapp will be their next manager. Surely thats a joke? Sure they've had a bit of a bad run but their league position isn't terrible and do they really expect to be topping the table?

Well I guess it's nice to know we aren't the only ones who over react to everything I suppose.

didn't we react the same way at the start of the season?

Apart from us being top of the league and having perfect home form and all the other great stuff - is it just me or does anyone else think that pretty much our entire squad seem to gel like they're mates who go back years?

Team harmony - it just dawned on me, and it's got to be working in our favour massively at the moment

Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying.

I don't think anyone can seriously put together any argument to discredit Pearson he is doing a good job so far. Doesn't mean that he or the team are perfect or above any kind of criticism.

For the record I was all for Pearson coming back, all be happy all you want, I’m happy. but when people are goading others by shouting their mouths off and asking "where are all the Pearson haters now" then they should be reminded of how far there is to go, I hate this "I told you so" attitude full stop, from either side of the fence, it's childish, but when it's 11 games in, we haven't actually achieved anything yet its doubly as bad.

Normally, I would agree but some of the drivel people talk on here, it doesn't surprise me that people react like that. A lot of the time its not even a case of having a different opinion; people just ignore the facts and talk nonsense because they have some kind of vendetta.

As you have said though, the problem is that people overreact to lots of things and thats where the problems start.

X

Are you Pearsons son by any chance.

All joking aside. Think he's doing a great job and at last we have a team not just 11 players out on the pitch.

X

Good post but a tad over sexualised , was there any need ?

Turgid Football in L1, I know you can only beat what is in front of you, but Mark Davis saw a lot of the ball in his short time here, so we must have used our midfield occasionally, FFS even Matt Oakley got near double figures, not saying it was world beating but I would ask, any Man City, Forest, Leeds etc, supporters if they enjoyed several seasons down there.

And I would suggest that teams at that level raise their game just a little when a side like us came to town to try and stop you playing, lets be fair cheltenham open up to use and got beat by 4 both times.

As for the current spell, lets enjoy it and give NP some credit, he brought, Dyer, Marshall, Hatem Ben Arfa MKII to the club, good attacking players that need the ball on the floor.

Archived