Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Middlesbrough game now Friday night....

Not too bothered. Means a nice Saturday in front of soccer Saturday and channel 4 racing for me. Harsh on the Boro fans.

yeah it is....but tbf.....they'd never bring alot of fans anyway...can never remember them ever selling out there allocation against us...except for the Coca Cola Cup final a course.

And there's me getting excited because we don't have any night games in December/January.

Flaming Sky :mad:

Why d'you dislike night matches?

They're an absolute rotter for me in terms of travel / time but nothing quite equates to the atmosphere of evening football.

They're an absolute rotter for me in terms of travel / time but nothing quite equates to the atmosphere of evening football.

lol

Night games have never been atmospheric at the King Power. We're not in the 80s anymore.

Never seen this night game myth, our fans are better during day games, 100% certain, home and away too.

lol

Night games have never been atmospheric at the King Power. We're not in the 80s anymore.

Never? As in, never at all? Righty-o.

Crystal Palace, where Barry Hayles somehow defied physics to scuff a last minute winner on a freezing January night. Scunthorpe in our League One season. Destroying Leeds in the Premier League with Nalis' pearler. Battling from 2 down to beat Spurs in the FA Cup with De Vries (DE VRIES) managing to get on the scoresheet.

Finally - Birmingham - March 2007 - arguably the best atmosphere we've ever had at the new ground. Everyone, absolutely everyone in the stadium that night was behind such a shit side.

But then what do I know by spouting facts, eh? I'll take your nonsense as gospel.

Never seen this night game myth, our fans are better during day games, 100% certain, home and away too.

I'd hardly cast it off as a myth, look at the examples I've given. For me, there's something different about night football.

Crystal Palace, where Barry Hayles somehow defied physics to scuff a last minute winner on a freezing January night. Scunthorpe in our League One season. Destroying Leeds in the Premier League with Nalis' pearler. Battling from 2 down to beat Spurs in the FA Cup with De Vries (DE VRIES) managing to get on the scoresheet.

Finally - Birmingham - March 2007 - arguably the best atmosphere we've ever had at the new ground. Everyone, absolutely everyone in the stadium that night was behind such a shit side.

But then what do I know by spouting facts, eh? I'll take your nonsense as gospel.

I'd hardly cast it off as a myth, look at the examples I've given. For me, there's something different about night football.

To be fair, the ones you have mentioned were good due to circumstances because of the match itself, not because it was a night match. If the last minute goals against Palace and Bristol City didn't happen then you wouldn't be saying they were magical nights.

Same for Leeds game, it would have been just as an amazing day if it was a mid-day Saturday kick off.

There are also a long list of night games which you haven't mentioned where the atmosphere has been awful. I suppose if the performance is good then at the atmosphere will generally be good, whether it's a night game or Saturday game.

To be fair, the ones you have mentioned were good due to circumstances because of the match itself, not because it was a night match. If the last minute goals against Palace and Bristol City didn't happen then you wouldn't be saying they were magical nights.

Same for Leeds game, it would have been just as an amazing day if it was a mid-day Saturday kick off.

There are also a long list of night games which you haven't mentioned where the atmosphere has been awful. I suppose if the performance is good then at the atmosphere will generally be good, whether it's a night game or Saturday game.

I didn't say Brizzle was magical - I didn't mention it because the atmosphere that evening was, to be honest, toilet. I agree with your point, just trying to communicate to Kitchandro that our ground has indeed played host to some tremendous atmospheres at night.

I meant never as in general, obviously I didnt mean that there's never been any good ones.

What's it got to do with facts? You've not posted any statistics to support your point that night games have a special/better atmosphere.

What you're saying is nonsense, not factually, but most people who have been to night matches over the past few years would agree the atmosphere is poorer than weekend games most of the time. In fact it's usually dreadful.

People always say night games at Filbert Street were better and that may be true, but that's not the case now.

Archived