Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson looks to add more recruits

Merc

Nigel Pearson is considering another dip into the loan market.

The Leicester City boss has suggested he may target an experienced playericon1.png after left-back Paul Konchesky suffered a hamstring injury at Bolton on Tuesday.

• ​4289235.jpg
    Paul Konchesky injured a hamstring on Tuesday at Bolton

City do not have a like-for-like replacement for the 31-year-old Konchesky, with strikericon1.png Jeffrey Schlupp once again being used as a make-shift left-back at the Reebok Stadium.

"Paul will be out (for the Nottingham Forest gameicon1.png on Saturday) I would suspect," said Pearson.

"He felt his hamstring pull so I think it is pretty certain that he will be missing, which is a shame.

"I think, at some point, we will try and add a bit more experience, it's not just about having youngplayersicon1.png.

"Maybe with Konchesky being on the sidelines we may need to have a look at the possibility of more experienced players.

"But, as I have said before, I am not bringing in players for the sake of it.

"I am not going to add players just because people start bleating on about the fact we might need players.

"It took me long enough last season to get rid of players who were either not good enough, or didn't want to be at the club, and it's been a huge task for us to eliminate those influences from the club.

"So I don't intend to have any knee-jerk reactions in terms of bringing players in. Any players we do bring in will be because we feel that they are the right people for our football club."

Pearson has only just added to his squad with the arrival of the young Manchester United starlets Michael Keane and Jesse Lingard earlier this week.

But Keane could also be a worry as the 19-year-old came off in the 57th minute on Tuesday suffering with a tight hamstring.

Sean St Ledger is on the road to recovery from a hamstring injury of his own, but he is not expected to be fit in time for Saturday.

But centre-back Zac Whitbread will be eligible for selection as he returns from a one-match suspension following his red card against Watford.

• "I am not going to add players just because people start bleating on about the fact we might need players.
  • "It took me long enough last season to get rid of players who were either not good enough, or didn't want to be at the club, and it's been a huge task for us to eliminate those influences from the club.
  • "So I don't intend to have any knee-jerk reactions in terms of bringing players in. Any players we do bring in will be because we feel that they are the right people for our football club."

These 3 points are the biggest thing affecting our club. Many people just don't get it. I'm glad he's come out and said it.

NP, keep up the good work in turning the club around from the mis-management that has set us back so much in your absence

This is the biggest points here. Many people just don't get it. I'm glad he's come out and said it.

NP, keep up the good work in turning the club around from the mis-management that has set us back so much in your absence

Agree with this 100%

I've been in complete agreement with every player that Pearson has moved on since his return. Sven really did just collect a bunch of players, some turned out to be good, but he made some extremely expensive mistakes.

"It took me long enough last season to get rid of players who were either not good enough, or didn't want to be at the club,(after I had humiliated them and fallen out with them because I couldn't handle ambitious players who answer back or question my tactical nouse) and it's been a huge task for us to eliminate those influences from the club.

Zak is available and could deputise at left back or play Zak in the centre and put Keane lb, personally id play Schlupp there, he did well on Tuesday, but have the Trees got a right winger that could expose him?

Not sure. It would be a big test for schlupp but we will see. I'm actually really worried about cox, blackstock, sharp. All clever players against an un settled back four at this point, and another player in Adlene guedioura whose very industrious and the sort of player that usually bosses us. Going to be a great ,exciting and nervous game either way. I can't wait!

"It took me long enough last season to get rid of players who were either not good enough, or didn't want to be at the club,(after I had humiliated them and fallen out with them because I couldn't handle ambitious players who answer back or question my tactical nouse) and it's been a huge task for us to eliminate those influences from the club.

Where were we with those brilliant ambitious players?

Keep drumming that drum.

Or got nowhere near the top of the league.

Some of the stuff you come out with would fit right in with El Empty's conspiracy theories thread

FoxesTalk polarisation continues ......

We need to have more than one fit centre back, and it's been obvious since the start of the season that we could not sustain a campaign with so few defenders.

Observing that fact seems to be met with "so let's just buy loads of disinterested players that are overpaid and don't give a shit about the club".

I just don't follow the logic of the argument - which is why i rarely post these days.

If you state the obvious - we need more players - you are a NP hater, non fan, and met with "what did those expensive flops ever achieve, 12th" "most successful run in a decade" ......

That run is great, and the football we started to play was too ..... but we can't sustain that over a season without more players that will slot straight into the first team and push the regular players for that place.

I did say this after 2 or 3 games - it's so obvious that you have to question NP's logic .... and that simply isn't allowed!!

We need to have more than one fit centre back, and it's been obvious since the start of the season that we could not sustain a campaign with so few defenders.

Observing that fact seems to be met with "so let's just buy loads of disinterested players that are overpaid and don't give a shit about the club".

I just don't follow the logic of the argument - which is why i rarely post these days.

If you state the obvious - we need more players - you are a NP hater, non fan, and met with "what did those expensive flops ever achieve, 12th" "most successful run in a decade" ......

That run is great, and the football we started to play was too ..... but we can't sustain that over a season without more players that will slot straight into the first team and push the regular players for that place.

I did say this after 2 or 3 games - it's so obvious that you have to question NP's logic .... and that simply isn't allowed!!

We have the second best defence in the league with no defenders. Now we are getting injuries we are signing players to cover.

So what's your problem?

Tom Kennedy is the man! (where did he finish up)?

Isn't he still 'ours' - just out on loan at Barnsley ? I can't remember if it's a long term (end of season) loan or just 'til January - but I would guess it's normal to have a recall clause. As to whether Pearson rates him / wants him back, I don't know.

The only position we require cover in defence is LB.

We've currently got:

RB: De Laet, Moore, Keane, St Ledger - injured but back shortly

CB: Morgan, Moore, Whitbread, Keane, St Ledger - injured but back shortly

LB: Konchesky - Injured, De Laet, Schlupp

I agree we need a LB in and I was surprised when Kennedy left the club, although it could have been because he wanted first team football and didn't want to be a reserve, which is fair enough.

However, we've got more than enough cover in every other position across the back line and all of the players look to be of decent quality too, so I don't understand why people are saying we're struggling for central defenders when we've got several quality options at our disposal.

Of course it's allowed, and to be honest the majority of people on here would agree that we may need extra cover but also there's no point buying people for the sake of it. I'm pretty sure Pearson has stated on several occasions that he'd look for players only if they were right for the squad.

Isn't he still 'ours' - just out on loan at Barnsley ? I can't remember if it's a long term (end of season) loan or just 'til January - but I would guess it's normal to have a recall clause. As to whether Pearson rates him / wants him back, I don't know.

Not on loan, he left the club by mutual consent some time ago.

We have the second best defence in the league with no defenders. Now we are getting injuries we are signing players to cover.

So what's your problem?

That they should and could have been signed earlier, we'd have had a greater choice of talent as we'd not have been rushed into a signing .... they'd have had time to bed in, be coached in our ways and slot into the side with little disruption. Unfortunately instead we waited until the inevitable and had to sign someone that's available as it's an emergency.

That they should and could have been signed earlier, we'd have had a greater choice of talent as we'd not have been rushed into a signing .... they'd have had time to bed in, be coached in our ways and slot into the side with little disruption. Unfortunately instead we waited until the inevitable and had to sign someone that's available as it's an emergency.

Maybe he tried to sign these or other players earlier and the clubs wouldn't let them go, maybe it was for budgetary reasons, maybe he wasn't allowed to sign them unless he could guarantee them some games which he couldn't not while we were winning or with a fully fit squad. When you look at it logically there's more reasons for not having loan players hanging around then there is for having them on call but not used.

Therefore maybe he'd agreed to sign these players but not until they were needed.

He seems a pretty well organised manager why do you suppose that when it comes to getting loanees he does nothing and then panics?

The only position we require cover in defence is LB.

We've currently got:

RB: De Laet, Moore, Keane, St Ledger - injured but back shortly

CB: Morgan, Moore, Whitbread, Keane, St Ledger - injured but back shortly

LB: Konchesky - Injured, De Laet, Schlupp

I agree we need a LB in and I was surprised when Kennedy left the club, although it could have been because he wanted first team football and didn't want to be a reserve, which is fair enough.

However, we've got more than enough cover in every other position across the back line and all of the players look to be of decent quality too, so I don't understand why people are saying we're struggling for central defenders when we've got several quality options at our disposal.

Using the players in several positions is fine - but they can't play there simultaneously!!!

RB: De Laet (carrying a knock), Moore (Is a CB), Keane (signed a few days ago so has relieved a worse crisis than before, but now injured), St Ledger - injured

One Right back that';s carrying a knock.

CB: Morgan, Moore, Whitbread (not fit / out of form - with more options he wouldn't be getting picked) Keane (playing at right back / injured?), St Ledger - injured

1 fit centre half and 2 not in the best of shape.

LB: Konchesky - Injured, De Laet (can't play on both sides at once!!!!), Schlupp

A striker that has played a handful of games at LB the only option.

Archived