Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson looks to add more recruits

If you don't want to go over old ground, why quote this post in the first place?

It's funny how your quiet period coincided with our unbeaten run. You must have been gutted not to have anything to moan about. I've had enough of trolls today - not touching this one. Ta ta!

Anyone that disagrees even slightly with your very blinkered black and white view of the world is a troll ..... Why bother coming on a forum, a place to exchange views, if everyone that doesn't agree with you is a troll??

Chill out for goodness sake and stop being so aggressive.

I would like to see Beckford back and given a chance, he is probably not the answer but I'd like to see him get on the end of some Knockaert through balls.. And the improved centre midfield surely would benefit him. Probably won't play for us again though - his pressuring off the opposition is not good enough and neither is his all round game really.

I would like to see Beckford back and given a chance, he is probably not the answer but I'd like to see him get on the end of some Knockaert through balls.. And the improved centre midfield surely would benefit him. Probably won't play for us again though - his pressuring off the opposition is not good enough and neither is his all round game really.

I love Knocky but some of this 'through balls' stuff is fallacy Dan. Seriously, take a gander at the 'assists' table for the championship. I don't think ANY of our players are in the top 15 or so.

This suggests either that we still aren't sufficiently creative or our strikers don't finish the chances provided for them. As I said before, Nuge mainly makes and takes his own goals ie. picks summat up from around the edge of the area and whacks it home.

Who was our top 'assister' last season... Nuge

Who was by miles our top scorer last season... Nuge.

Massively important player to the team... However he looks knackered at present and can't do it on his jack jones, in terms of scoring goals.

I love Knocky but some of this 'through balls' stuff is fallacy Dan. Seriously, take a gander at the 'assists' table for the championship. I don't think ANY of our players are in the top 15 or so.

This suggests either that we still aren't sufficiently creative or our strikers don't finish the chances provided for them. As I said before, Nuge mainly makes and takes his own goals ie. picks summat up from around the edge of the area and whacks it home.

Massively important player to the team... However he looks knackered at present and can't do it on his jack jones, in terms of scoring goals.

We don't have a 'finisher' in our team, Nugent yeah he scores goals, but his finishing is very inconsistent, seen him have a perfect opportunity and hit it straight at the keeper many times.

We need someone who can get onto all the crosses that come in, our strikers at present are pretty pants aerialy, or are not in the right position some of the time to head them anyway. We rely on Nugent far too much to score goals for us, just hope we get someone in, we'd be pretty screwed up front if Nuge got a knock.

To be fair to Knockaert I can remember at the very least 4 chances he created that without a doubt should have been finished. Plus another that was and ruled out at Blackburn.

To be fair to Knockaert I can remember at the very least 4 chances he created that without a doubt should have been finished. Plus another that was and ruled out at Blackburn.

So you would agree that a good finisher, alongside Nuge is needed?

I think this has been apparent since we sold Fryatt personally.

Either the assists are of poor quality, or the strikers aren't 'sniffing' enough. God knows, those calling to get Beckford back must have forgotten the chances he missed, or simply got nowhere near on the end of.

Just imagine this team with a Cottee... Or even a Dickov (first time round)... We'd be 10 points clear by now!

lol

Nugent is our only striker who can score goals in the league ,Vardy to a lesser extent his work rate is excellent if Beckford had that I imagine he would still be here because scoring 15 goals (the semantics of league and cup goals I aint to bothered about) is a good return. Vardy still needs time to fine tune his finishing at this level and hopefully he can.

Waghorn couldn't hit a barndoor maybe that is being harsh but he himself has admitted that he isn't a prolific goalscorer.

So if we are able to bring in a striker that can score goals at this level than brilliant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20252698

Matthew Bates to leave Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough have parted company with Matthew Bates, who rejected a new deal following his return to fitness after a cruciate ligament injury.

The 25-year-old centre-back had endured the same injury on four previous occasions before a fifth recurrence against Ipswich Town last March.

His contract expired with the Teessiders in June, but had been training with Boro on his return.

"It was almost a natural parting of the ways," boss Tony Mowbray told BBC Tees.

"We've allowed him to get himself fit. He got injured under contract and the right thing to do was to allow Matthew full rehabilitation, all the nutrition that goes with it.

"We've enjoyed having him around for the last few months. He's got himself back to the point where he was in full training for the last month, firstly with the young lads and now with the seniors.

"He's at the stage now where he probably needs to play a football match. We did have some discussions, I spoke to him, tried to gauge his thoughts, his plans and his ideas.

"We had talks on a contract, and we were both quite a way apart, and ultimately the decision was made that Matthew would move on. We wish him well"

The Stockton-born defender was a reported target for Premier League clubs last season, after establishing himself as a first-team regular and taken the captain's armband at the Riverside.

However the injury prompted Mowbray to focus on rebuilding his defence during the summer, with Jonathan Woodgate, Andre Bikey and George Friend brought in to strengthen the squad.

"If you put into context when he got injured he was captain of our football club and a main player, and yet things had moved on.

"My job was to make sure we had enough centre-halves and those players like Woodgate and Bikey, Seb Hines [an academy team-mate of Bates'] and Friend - we have a lot of cover.

"It's almost difficult in my mind for Matthew to come back into our club as number four and number five centre-half."

On a free i think he'd be a good addition to the squad even with his injury problems.

would you have him??

Knockaert's through balls were sublime for the first 10-12 games. Dyer, Waghorn, Vardy and Nugent wasted a good 7 or 8 gilt edged chances set up on a plate by Tony. He's not been as effective in the last few games but he still needs help from other players who don't make use of his creativity.

Yeah there was 2 vs Charlton, the disallowed goal v Blackburn, his pearler for Waghorn v Wolves, 2 for Vardy v Hull, 1 for Nugent v Huddersfield that was ridiculous. Plus he's set a couple up already. Not that I'm counting and not that I love him or anything.

Don't think we are that short in defense.

CB:

Whitbread

Morgan

Moore

Keane (possibly injured)

SSL (injured)

LB:

Konchesky (injured)

Schlupp

De Laet

RB:

De Laet

Moore

If we have a chance to bring in another player it needs to be a creative midfielder or a striker.

Don't think we are that short in defense.

CB:

Whitbread

Morgan

Moore

Keane (possibly injured)

SSL (injured)

LB:

Konchesky (injured)

Schlupp

De Laet

RB:

De Laet

Moore

If we have a chance to bring in another player it needs to be a creative midfielder or a striker.

We're not when you count people twice!!!

Archived