Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

The goalkeeper had the game of his life

Butland, Robinson, Bogdan the list goes on! The question is are goalkeepers having the games of their lives when we play them or are we making them look good?

I will clarify my position living in Aus I rely on the odd live stream, foxes player, match reports and foxes talk. Every game all I hear is how well the opposition keeper played. So how unlucky have we been?

We haven't been unlucky as you have to put chances away, but it's encouraging that the opposition keepers are so busy. We've sat through too many games over the years, especially away, where we've struggled to even create chances and work the goalkeeper.

It's tempered though with that feeling of what could've been.

I've seen a lot of absolutely outstanding saves from goalkeepers so far this season - they have come from quality goalkeepers though. Even the ones you mention - Butland, Robinson and Bogdan - two of them were playing in the premier league last season and the other is lauded as a future England keeper. If we keep making chances regularly, they'll start going in regularly.

I saw some of the shots we had on EMT last night and none of them looked proper chances, they were decent efforts which were well saved.

But I do think we are making some of them look good, Nugent and Vardy have both been guilty of hitting the keeper when it's looked easier to put it in the corner. And we've missed the target too often as well. We definitely need to improve our finishing.

I always thought Bogdan was a quality keeper. Same for those others mentioned so maybe it just happens that we are facing some decent keepers. However its entirely possible to make shots which cannot be stopped by the keeper, that is what we need to do, this isn't league 1.

Archived