Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Underrated or Forgotten Albums

Not sure it was underrated really, best selling original Kinks album and 5 star ratings wherever you look. Whether or not it's been forgotten i'm not too sure!

It seems to have got more acclaim in hindsight and become a cult album. I'd classify it as a forgotten gem, especially some of the individual songs in amongst The Kinks back catalogue.

Not sure it was underrated really, best selling original Kinks album and 5 star ratings wherever you look. Whether or not it's been forgotten i'm not too sure!

I always seem to think of it as a forgotten album, but it is fantastic. Some of the tracks on there are brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Penthouse & Pavement from Amazon earlier this year along with Laurie Anderson - Big Science and compilations by OMD, Human League & Blancmange. It's been a year of revisiting the oldies. A good shout for an underrated album is Dalis Car - The Waking Hour

Penthouse & Pavement and The Luxury Gap are both great albums by Heaven 17,not heard of Dalis Car but will check it out

Probably a guilty pleasure and it was definitely rated and purchased in large quantities at the time but - Alanis Morrisette's - Jagged Little Pill is an album I still listen to now.

Hefner's - Breaking God's Heart is also a classic which again, as Britain's largest small band (self-appointed) did sell in respectable numbers, but I'd still maintain true music fans owe themselves a listen to that.

I got Penthouse & Pavement from Amazon earlier this year along with Laurie Anderson - Big Science and compilations by OMD, Human League & Blancmange. It's been a year of revisiting the oldies. A good shout for an underrated album is Dalis Car - The Waking Hour

Loved Dalis Car - Murphy and Karn are geniuses.

Archived