Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

City Cheaper Than Tigers

Banned completely at Grace Road last time I went.

Taking it in Is now banned at every ground in Britain apart from Lords, and some counties wonder why the attendances are dropping. England can get away with it as you are watching high quality action, you need a crate to watch Buck and Naik be carted around for 8 hours.

I always take a vodka and lemonade in a water bottle to England games now, gets you through until lunch then you can start paying the obscene prices they charge on the bars.

This weekend both City and Tigers are playing at home. Last week I got a call from my mum saying that one of my nieces had got a special school rate on the tickets for the Tigers of £20. There were a few extras thrown in (something about a free milkshake believe it or not) but the real thing is - it's a nothing game against Treviso. I say nothing; they really need to get all the bonus points to stand a chance of qualifying for the knockout stages of Europe, but seriously, they should do it with ease (a bit like City will against Burton :ph34r: )

Whilst it would have been nice to go and watch a game of rugby with my family, City's game this weekend is a Fans Fixture and I could only afford to go to one, plus there's more hanging on it - not much granted, it's not vital, but it all part of the promotion masterplan. Also, as far as I know, no milkshakes.

Basically, I'm posting this for all the people who complain and moan about the ticket prices (me?) that things could be worse. That Tigers have overtaken City in price just beggers belief.

Thread header is a bit mis-leading as it only relates to one game and very few games per season are Fans Fixture prices

However any comparison is pretty meaningless, in the same way as when the club refers to other clubs in our division, as we have previously pointed out it's not like a supermarket where fans switch to the most cost effective

In terms of prices, what we do need to start putting pressure on is relating to Premiership prices, because if we do get promoted, Premiership prices have been significantly hiked since we were last there, so reminding the club that we get 4 less fixtures is a start point

In terms of prices, what we do need to start putting pressure on is relating to Premiership prices, because if we do get promoted, Premiership prices have been significantly hiked since we were last there, so reminding the club that we get 4 less fixtures is a start point

agree with this. however, do you not think they will counter that because there are 4 less games is exactly why they need to hike the prices? 4 less opportunities at matchday income? i imagine their response will be along those lines, as well as the 'you are watching higher quality opposition' (wigan, stoke etc)

Thread header is a bit mis-leading as it only relates to one game and very few games per season are Fans Fixture prices

However any comparison is pretty meaningless, in the same way as when the club refers to other clubs in our division, as we have previously pointed out it's not like a supermarket where fans switch to the most cost effective

Good point, the prices we pay this season are slated by some on here. an't imagine what it will be like if we have to play premiership prices.

I absolutely dread to think what pricing struture this lot will come up with if we go up.

We'll be playing in crowds less than this season if they expect people to cough up £45 for Wigan and Reading at home.

It could cost 1p to go and watch the Tigers and I wouldn't go.

It is a poor spectator sport with a poor atmosphere. I have no interest in it at all. Are they the biggest club in the world? It makes no difference to me, they don't play football.

I have no problem with people that like the rugby. I feel no rivalry towards them like some of their fans seem to feel towards City.

The football is ridiculously expensive, added to the fact I have a 120 mile round trip to fund and drive to get there.

But I still do it.

It's a better spectator sport than Football or at least as good - don't know how you can defend your statement. Perhaps you just don't understand the game and don't know where to look. And the atmosphere at Welford road is probably better than that at the KP. The Crowd really get involved - the Tiger roar is world reknowned.

No they're not the biggest club in the world but they are one of the world's elite. Toulouse are accepted as the greatest team in Europe but Leicester have a mighty tradition going back to the amateur days and spanning the entire Porfessional era.

Leicester have more right to be proud of their Rugby team than almost anything else in Leicester. We are an elite club with elite players who represent us on the world stage both at club and country level.

World cup winners too.

I wish the City could emulate the Tigers greatness.

It's a better spectator sport than Football or at least as good - don't know how you can defend your statement. Perhaps you just don't understand the game and don't know where to look. And the atmosphere at Welford road is probably better than that at the KP. The Crowd really get involved - the Tiger roar is world reknowned.

No they're not the biggest club in the world but they are one of the world's elite. Toulouse are accepted as the greatest team in Europe but Leicester have a mighty tradition going back to the amateur days and spanning the entire Porfessional era.

Leicester have more right to be proud of their Rugby team than almost anything else in Leicester. We are an elite club with elite players who represent us on the world stage both at club and country level.

World cup winners too.

how can you defend your statement that rugby is a better spectacle than football? surely its subjective and whatever your sport of choice is isnt it?

for what its worth, rugby is an absolutely shite sport, played for 10 mins less, with 4 extra players, on a smaller pitch than football. shite.

Spoken to loads of people on my travels; not once have Tigers cropped up in conversation, but City do time and time again. Fact is Rugby is still a minority sport both in the UK and even more so in the rest of the world.

Have you ever been to France?

Tigers are known by most men and many women. City are known by practically no-one and when explained they just conclude that they're a second level team (which in most countries is a synonym for crap).

Rugby isn't a minority sport. The 2007 world cup was broadcast to a cumulative 4.2billion people.

how can you defend your statement that rugby is a better spectacle than football? surely its subjective and whatever your sport of choice is isnt it?

for what its worth, rugby is an absolutely shite sport, played for 10 mins less, with 4 extra players, on a smaller pitch than football. shite.

I never said it was a better spectacle - I think you should get your spectacles on and re-read my post. That would be subjective.

I said that it is at least as good a spectator sport (or better). A spectator sport surely means that it is able to be viewed easily by the spectator.

Football is played for 95 ish minutes and we're lucky to see a couple of goals.

Rugby just bores the hell outta me. I don't care if they're the "biggest in Europe" or that the fans are "loud" - it's just not half as entertaining as football.

That's fair enough.

I love both teams but I'd have to say I prefer the sport of Rugby to Football nowadays which wasn't the case when I was a lad. In fact Football as a sport has dropped down my list steadily over the years thanks to the player's attitudes and the poor governance both nationally and internationally.

I'd much rather watch Basketball, American Football, Rugby and many more sports. In fact I'd probably choose to watch International Test match cricket over football these days - other than Leicester, of course. That's why I never watch Prem league football and rarely watch european football unless I'm stuck in a hotel somewhere;

The other thing with rugby, your day doesn't seem to be completely ruined of the result doesn't go your way. Down City if they lose the moans and groans of disgruntled fans really draws you into feeling crap. God help you if you listen to the after match phone in when they've lost lol

World cup winners too.

lol So wrong on numerous levels

I never said it was a better spectacle - I think you should get your spectacles on and re-read my post. That would be subjective.

I said that it is at least as good a spectator sport (or better). A spectator sport surely means that it is able to be viewed easily by the spectator.

Football is played for 95 ish minutes and we're lucky to see a couple of goals.

yes, meaning that its a better spectacle in your view (bum tish). as i said its subjective isnt it?! if you like rugby, you are going to say its great to watch and what have you. but if you think its shite, then you are not going to think its brilliant to watch?! simple concept really.

yes, meaning that its a better spectacle in your view (bum tish). as i said its subjective isnt it?! if you like rugby, you are going to say its great to watch and what have you. but if you think its shite, then you are not going to think its brilliant to watch?! simple concept really.

A great rugby match is great to watch, you can't beat a full blooded open attacking game of rugby, better than a great football match in my opinion...

...but a bad rugby match that gets bogged down with scrappy forward play numerous stoppages, cheap turn overs and pointless kicking is awful to watch.

The problem with watching 2 great football teams is that they tend to cancel each other out and teams seem too scared to win so set up to not lose, whereas rugby you know you need to score points as you will concede points.

Saying all that I don't watch that much rugby, and have only been to a handful of tigers games, love city so much more, but I'm still proud to be from Leicester the home of the tigers (and the foxes).

It's funny. A rugby game at its most boring is usually when it turns into a "tennis match" and the ball is hoofed between the opposing full backs. Yet many members of this forums have spent £1000's and hours over the past decade watching exactly that at the KP lol

And their fan base are rich.

Wrong! I am one of their fan base and am hardly rich.

I watch them more than City, and for a couple of quid extra, get more satisfaction from watching their games.

They also win a great deal of silverware, something City can't achieve.

However, I shall continue to watch both.

A bad of Rugby is so shit it wants to make you poke your eyes out.

The game could be improved on so many levels, Rugby League shits on Union imo in terms of entertainment, watching two teams try and hoof it out of play and trying to win a game on penalties is awful.

Though watching England beat New Zealand on Saturday and the way they did was the beautiful side of the game, it's a shame more teams don't try and be that open.

I watch them more than City, and for a couple of quid extra, get more satisfaction from watching their games.

Really? I try once or twice a season to try and get into the Tigers. Every time I come away bored with the game, unimpressed by the atmosphere, and perplexed by the make up of the fan base. However, no doubt I will keep trying.

I go because my gf is welsh and she grew up loving rugby. However, even she admits the Tigers isn't anything like she rugby she knows. Back in Wales rugby is a sport for everyman, not mostly limited to a public school participation sport, and supported by entire communities often in preference to Football. In England, like it or not, that simply isn't the case.

I've always grown up as a fan of both. When i was younger, football was my life, but sadly after watching Leicester before Pearson took charge, my enthusiasm has definitely gone down. I played for a rugby club and got more into it.

Nowadays, in terms of watching the sports, I much prefer watching rugby or american football to football. If the game's not been good I don't tend to feel as disappointed as I do when I go to watch City. I feel I've actually got my monies worth from the game unlike when I go to watch City, though I do admit if I was not at university in the north-east or on my year abroad, I would go to watch more football at the KP.

I don't appreciate football as much anymore , I just find parts of it too boring these days. Sure I constantly follow and support City wherever I am, and yes my enthusiasm has picked up a bit again now Pearson has returned, but I still enjoy a rugby game more so than a football game these days. I guess football as a whole has disappointed me in terms of the organisations. the attitudes, the players, the press, etc. If that makes sense? :dunno: It is just my opinion,

I absolutely dread to think what pricing struture this lot will come up with if we go up.

We'll be playing in crowds less than this season if they expect people to cough up £45 for Wigan and Reading at home.

I can accept they'll go up but anything major would be a joke. We've took years of over-priced crap, it's about time they give something back.

If we go up it'll be absolutely silly pricing IMO.

World cup winners too.

YES

Archived