Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Post-Match City 0 - 1 Cardiff

From a footballing point of view we played them off the park at times, but they showed to be a better team, kept their composure, dug in and made it a difficult day for us. The first half I was struggling to see how they were any better than us, we talk about Knockaert making moments of magic, but in all honesty the real moment of magic we need and lack so much is that of what Bellamy gives them, the experienced enough and clinical enough to go out there and get the goal. Good performance, but well done to Cardiff, they didn't have to play better than us they just had to keep their heads do their job and battle through it.

Just to confirm, you do realise we lost 1-0 at home?

Well we were for pretty damn good for 65mins.

Then we went long, typified by the likes of Konch hoofing it to no one in particular which resulted in nothing meaningful.

Why do we do this, going long never ever brings us anything all our good stuff comes from speed or from one-touch. The second we go long we may as well pack up.

It's understandable after 85mins, but not with half hour or so to go

We were pretty poor then as Cardiff offered nothing other than a desire to hang-on to their 0-1 lead & as we playing long it was obvious we'd never do anything. We missed the speed of Dyer than and the guile of Knocky, poor show when we should have been turning the screw, they probably wouldn't have hung on if we kept at it.

roll on an equivalent to a Jason Roberts type signing to kick us on

I still believe Nige is the man but our lack of a plan B is getting more and more alarming. The game went exactly as I thought it would even before they scored which is frustrating. I know I'm repeating myself but it's absolutely essential that we bring some real quality in Jan - players who can actually salvage something from a game that's getting away from you would be nice.

Pearson will be gone soon if we carry on like this. Fvcking dreadful

Yeah, dominating play... having at least two cleared off the line, hitting the bar and post... WE'RE FVCKING SHIT.

See ya' FT, good board for the last.... 4-5 years. Shame as the 10-20% of ****** on here make it completely unbearable.

I don't know! Looks like Col has got it right again!!

I said at the start of the season we were two quality players short of success AND we needed a stronger, more physical central midfielder. Nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

It's a case of so near, yet so far away IMO.

Take today... A couple of really good players at this level would have set the result in our favour. I'm sure of that.

No way would I even consider sacking Nige though. It could be that Jan sees those very two players arrive at the club.

Yeah, dominating play... having at least two cleared off the line, hitting the bar and post... WE'RE FVCKING SHIT.

See ya' FT, good board for the last.... 4-5 years. Shame as the 10-20% of ****** on here make it completely unbearable.

Yeah not winning away and getting beat at home is good right.

But obviously we hit the bar twice so we should be happy.

Well we were for pretty damn good for 65mins.

Then we went long, typified by the likes of Konch hoofing it to no one in particular which resulted in nothing meaningful.

Why do we do this, going long never ever brings us anything all our good stuff comes from speed or from one-touch. The second we go long we may as well pack up.

It's understandable after 85mins, but not with half hour or so to go

We were pretty poor then as Cardiff offered nothing other than a desire to hang-on to their 0-1 lead & as we playing long it was obvious we'd never do anything. We missed the speed of Dyer than and the guile of Knocky, poor show when we should have been turning the screw, they probably wouldn't have hung on if we kept at it.

roll on an equivalent to a Jason Roberts type signing to kick us on

I think Knocky should have stayed on to be honest, with Marshall for Dyer. Far too often the midfield would go back to defense for them to play a hoof. Got absolutely nothing from it.

Just to confirm, you do realise we lost 1-0 at home?

Just to confirm you do realise we hit the woodwork 4 times and had one cleared off the line. why do you have such high expecations? when nige took over i dont care whar you say but we were in serious trouble, financially and on the pitch. Please just be happy with the way we played and we had little luck. P.s Dont patronise me as i dont quite think you know who your talking to, and yes before you reply i am a professional sportsman with a better idea of professional sport than you so dont talk back to me. We all share a common goal, so please back the manager and team and dont bother about the result as im sure everyone is down and upset (me included). up the foxes and peace to all foxes fans

Just to confirm you do realise we hit the woodwork 4 times and had one cleared off the line. why do you have such high expecations? when nige took over i dont care whar you say but we were in serious trouble, financially and on the pitch. Please just be happy with the way we played and we had little luck. P.s Dont patronise me as i dont quite think you know who your talking to, and yes before you reply i am a professional sportsman with a better idea of professional sport than you so dont talk back to me. We all share a common goal, so please back the manager and team and dont bother about the result as im sure everyone is down and upset (me included). up the foxes and peace to all foxes fans

Ooooh, hark at her.

Nige?

If Jesse Lingard is the answer does anyone know what the question is?

what exactly did he do wrong? showed composure on the ball... didnt do anything special but dont make the kid a scapegoat. What about marshall? no critisism for him? SHOCK! just because the lad didnt score a screamer doesnt mean hes useless. **** me your all *****

Inaccurate shooting and good defending, luck doesn't come into it.

Another game where we have played very well at times but ultimately lacking in the final 3rd. Arguably it was the premiership quality in Bellamy's finish that secured the win for Cardiff. I wouldn't be surprised if some Cardiff fans came on here stating that they thought that we're a decent team and will definitely be right up there at the end of the season, we've already heard it on several occasions this season. But what is it about us that just stops us from making the most of the periods that we are on top. Is it bad luck? Poor finishing?

Jesse Lingaard is honestly pointless. He's shown me absolutely nothing to want him in our team when I've seen him play. He could be a decent player if we persisted with him, but why the hell would we want to do that during a very important part of our season for a player that doesn't even belong to us?

I'm a big fan of Pearson's and I'm certain that he's the man to take us forward, but I couldn't understand why he took Knockaert off. He was one of the people that could've created that bit of magic to get us back in it.

On the plus side despite our terrible run of form (compounded by throwing away 2 easy goals at home to Barnsley when we really should've pushed on to win comfortably), we are still up there and should still be able to secure a play off position for the end of the season.

Also, the atmosphere from our end sounded very good with the Melbourne chant getting an airing too. Except for the last 20 minutes, once Cardiff got a foothold in the game and killed it off, our fans practically gave up.

It's so frustrating to be a Leicester fan sometimes.

Basically..

Played well for first 20 minutes, very attacking but no cutting edge. Then they scored, Konchesky should have put a foot in, and King and Drinky should have been tracking Bellendamy.

Then our heads went down and we looked flat for a while, until Vardy hit the bar with a good header.

Second half for the first 5 mins we were alright, but turned to hoofing it to no one in particular, absolutely dreadful. Schmeichels distribution was awful.

Cardiff were there to frustrate us and sit back and hit us on the break.

Subs were useless and I have no idea what Lingard offered us.

Must improve!!

10/10 for making yourself look like an arrogant ****, congrats.

I think if we keep on losing 0-1 it might make reaching the playoffs a tad difficult.

Don't be a dick, we won't lose 1-0 playing like that againt the majority in this league, which as already been proven from earlier form:) how do you do a face punch?

Archived