Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Post-Match City 0 - 1 Cardiff

Best we've played all season? Possibly. Cardiff only shot of the game falls too one of two players you don't want the ball to fall too. We deserved at least a point. Fair play to Cardiff for bringing 2,00(ish) but the vocal support was terrible.

Just got back, god knows how we didn't get anything from the game today, we simply need to take our chances, but yet again we couldn't, has happened loads of times before and it's starting to creep in again.

Cardiff were woeful, about one shot on target one goal, that's all they needed. Some players seriously need to buck up their ideas, Konchesky was absolutely shocking, was at fault for the goal by letting the cross come in, seemed off the pace and made easy passes look hard, too many mistakes from him again. Same with Whitbread, is this the fifth game we have lost with him in the team? Why does he insist on hoofing the ball up to Vardy who will never win a header, against Turner and Hudson. Whitbread is a liability, his hoofing and his passing got to me today, reminded me of how Mills played last season, too much hoof ball and can't pass the ball out of defence.

Knockaert seemed back to his best today, played really well and looked to make things happen, had two brilliant efforts at goal then gets subbed. One of the poorest decisions I have seen Pearson make this season regarding substitutions. Lingard and Marshall did bugger all when they came on, absolutely useless, people were saying Marshall would be a key player this season, yet he has been shocking for the majority of the season so far, simply not good enough from him.

Jamie Vardy yet again had a poor game, if that open goal miss wasn't offside then it would of been one of the worst misses ever seen at the King Power. His first touch is awful most of the time, and he doesn't look up to scratch with this league, he is nothing more than a bench player at the minute. Waghorn came on of course, but wasn't much better, played well for about five minutes, then did nothing for about 30.

Only players I thought played well today, were Knockaert, King and Morgan, De Laet was good in the first half.

No urgency going forward though, ran out of ideas and the same old liabilities at the back.

Changes needed for Hull, and four good signings needed in January.

First half: Very very good performance. Can't believe we were behind.

Second half: Poor.

Overall though we were mugged by a Cardiff side who defended the whole match and scored on the break.

We looked flat as soon as Vardy went off. I know some think he's shit and such but when he's on the pitch the team as a whole seem to create a lot more chances.

Fine first 70.

Clueless last 20.

Konchesky's past it. Schlupp please.

I want to see my central midfielder drive the team forward. Drinkwater's ok against the lesser teams but lacks balls against the better ones.Team plays too safe. Schmeichel's kicking has really deteriorated and all he seems to be doing is picking the ball out of the net at the moment. Strikers too flat footed, not anticipating and not taking a chance. Lingaard's too lightweight. Think Knocky should play as a support striker. Would put fear into centre backs.

Cardiff were nothing special. Another opportunity missed.

Rant over.

We looked flat as soon as Vardy went off. I know some think he's shit and such but when he's on the pitch the team as a whole seem to create a lot more chances.

I'd agree, he's always running pulling defenders and creating space.

Don't be a dick, we won't lose 1-0 playing like that againt the majority in this league, which as already been proven from earlier form:) how do you do a face punch?

At the halfway stage of the season we've lost 8 league games. All 8 games have been lost by 1 goal. In ONLY TWO of those defeats did we muster less shots than the opposition.

Feel free to still view my opinion as being dickish though.

I'd agree, he's always running pulling defenders and creating space.

Exactly

His endless running makes space for others.

He links up with the midfield well enabling us to attack in numbers - which is why we had sustained pressure.

Once he went off, the wheels fell off the team's performance.

He needs some more composure in front of goal though, but that will come from increased confidence and support which he's not really getting.

Exactly

His endless running makes space for others.

He links up with the midfield well enabling us to attack in numbers - which is why we had sustained pressure.

Once he went off, the wheels fell off the team's performance.

He needs some more composure in front of goal though, but that will come from increased confidence and support which he's not really getting.

I'd like to see the midfield start trying to play some through balls for Vardy or Nugent to run onto. Both have great pace and it's getting wasted as the midfield never try to thread them through. I think Wellens must be the new passing coach. :P

I don't know! Looks like Col has got it right again!!

I said at the start of the season we were two quality players short of success AND we needed a stronger, more physical central midfielder. Nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

It's a case of so near, yet so far away IMO.

Take today... A couple of really good players at this level would have set the result in our favour. I'm sure of that.

No way would I even consider sacking Nige though. It could be that Jan sees those very two players arrive at the club.

**** me it's Nostradamus.

Good news... One of Konch's hoofs has just returned to earth

thought we'd lost a ball then

His attacking contribution was consistently good last season but has majorly declined this season. Just baffling how we play high balls to Nugent who can never win anything in the air. Same with Schmeichel and some of his kicking.

His attacking contribution was consistently good last season but has majorly declined this season.

This.

His form this season is kind of reminding me of Wellens.

10/11 season - Wellens one of our best players

11/12 season - Wellens was absolutely woeful

11/12 season - Konchesky very consistent player

12/13 season - Konchesky has been incredibly poor

We need to replace him, because he seems off the pace, he is a liability i'm afraid.

This.

We need to replace him, because he seems off the pace, he is a liability i'm afraid.

Probably his age getting the better of him. Still a decent player at this level but I think he needs replacing if we want to progress, and sorry, but Schlupp is not the answer, he is too inexperienced.

This.

I agree, Schlupp offers us a lot more and he is actually bloody good at the back as well.

Probably his age getting the better of him. Still a decent player at this level but I think he needs replacing if we want to progress, and sorry, but Schlupp is not the answer, he is too inexperienced.

Don't agree, it looks natural for him to be in that position, inexperienced of course but his performances haven't look that way

Bollocks, absolutely fvcking hate Cardiff as well, so undeserved. Hope they bottle it but I fear this is going to be their year.

No urgency from us whatsoever, although we deserved at least a point. When Drinky plays well we win, when he doesn't we lose, we need this lad on top form. Thought King made some great runs today, Vardy did everything but score, Knockaert his usual self, outrageous effort in the first half lol.

If they're so anti-England they should fvck off the welsh leagues :ph34r:

Don't agree, it looks natural for him to be in that position, inexperienced of course but his performances haven't look that way

I really don't know to be fair. He gave away the penalty against Bolton down to his inexperience. If we could get an experienced left back who was good at attacking and defending it would be great but sadly there aren't many who would come to Leicester.

I agree, Schlupp offers us a lot more and he is actually bloody good at the back as well.

Schlupp is a decent left back in my opinion, one mistake against Leeds costs him his place, when for about 2-3 games before that match, he was putting in very solid performances.

He wasn't even on the bench today was he?

Pretty unfair to drop him so soon, and then not even put him on the bench.

Schlupp is a decent left back in my opinion, one mistake against Leeds costs him his place, when for about 2-3 games before that match, he was putting in very solid performances.

He wasn't even on the bench today was he?

Pretty unfair to drop him so soon, and then not even put him on the bench.

He may be injured or ill or something, it made more sense to have Moore there though as he can play across the back four.

Archived