Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Post-Match City 0 - 1 Cardiff

Cracking game, but disappointing as hell too, not just disappointing, but anger-inducing... just WTF?

Very unlucky to be on the wrong end of the scoreline. Cardiff did what every good side can do though, be pretty far off the boil & still win.

We had everything, all the play, possession in the final third, dominated possession, driving forward in numbers, quick passing, great off the ball movement but nothing to show for it other than hitting the woodwork 3 times and their keeper keeping them in it.

We seemed to go off the boil a bit when Vardy went off & Waggy came on though, as the game went away from us & fell into a bit of a pattern of us attacking then attacking again before they broke.

Konchesky's aimless hoof annoy the feck out of me though, real lack of attacking speed down that left side since he came back, Dyer did ok, particularly in the first half but 2nd half that left side (our most productive) petered out with Konch hoofing 200ft in the air to no one in particular.

Disappointing. Angry. Unlucky

---------------------------------------------

Halfway point of the season too, so...

We're not far away from being a great side in the division IMO.

Maybe one first teamer or two, whose able to make the difference in games like this, but if not we'll still be in the mix.

Not in a great run, but just to put some persepective on it, after 22 games we're 4 points above where Reading were this time last season, where they used the Jan transfer window to tweak what they had and went on a great second half of the season.

Position P W D L CS FtS F A GD Pt PPG

5 Leicester City 22 11 4 7 8 3 37 21 +16 37 1.68

7 Reading 22 9 6 7 8 7 27 22 +5 33 1.50

So, at the halfway stage - it's all to play for and there's a lot we've got right this time around with only a tweak or two needed

Happy Christmas

Cracking game, but disappointing as hell too, not just disappointing, but anger-inducing... just WTF?

Very unlucky to be on the wrong end of the scoreline. Cardiff did what every good side can do though, be pretty far off the boil & still win.

We had everything, all the play, possession in the final third, dominated possession, driving forward in numbers, quick passing, great off the ball movement but nothing to show for it other than hitting the woodwork 3 times and their keeper keeping them in it.

We seemed to go off the boil a bit when Vardy went off & Waggy came on though, as the game went away from us & fell into a bit of a pattern of us attacking then attacking again before they broke.

Konchesky's aimless hoof annoy the feck out of me though, real lack of attacking speed down that left side since he came back, Dyer did ok, particularly in the first half but 2nd half that left side (our most productive) petered out with Konch hoofing 200ft in the air to no one in particular.

Disappointing. Angry. Unlucky

---------------------------------------------

Halfway point of the season too, so...

We're not far away from being a great side in the division IMO.

Maybe one first teamer or two, whose able to make the difference in games like this, but if not we'll still be in the mix.

Not in a great run, but just to put some persepective on it, after 22 games we're 4 points above where Reading were this time last season, where they used the Jan transfer window to tweak what they had and went on a great second half of the season.

Position P W D L CS FtS F A GD Pt PPG

5 Leicester City 22 11 4 7 8 3 37 21 +16 37 1.68

7 Reading 22 9 6 7 8 7 27 22 +5 33 1.50

So, at the halfway stage - it's all to play for and there's a lot we've got right this time around with only a tweak or two needed

Happy Christmas

:yawn:

Another loss...

Cue the excuses....

Another goal conceded near the edge of the area is concerning. And not converting chances...

Midfield strength and a striker needed.

Same old same old for me. Possession and all that counts for naught if you dont do anything with it. Yes we hit the woodwork a few times but Marshall only really had 2 or 3 decent saves to make. Its the story of our season so far really. Hopefully we are not too far off the pace by the time we get some new players in

Sounded shit. Glad i couldnt go. No doubt me going Hull and Burnley is a waste of time, see us getting no more than a point in total.

Vardys useless by all accounts again

Sounded?

Watched it & it was pretty far from shit, until we started hoofing in the last 20 & we went predictable

Vardy? Seemed to miss everything about him once he went off

people need to get a grip. we were brilliant. forget the result if we play like that every week we will be in the prem. Last thing we need is to change the manager. Imagine for a second how the players would feel if pearson went? after a cracking performance they will lose faith in the owners. If he goes i wont be down watching again thats for sure. When we get some luck we will finish top 3. now stop ****ing moaning and appreciate a good perfomance and manager when you see one! we have one of the best managers in the league and you want rid hahaha laughable.

people need to get a grip. we were brilliant. forget the result if we play like that every week we will be in the prem. Last thing we need is to change the manager. Imagine for a second how the players would feel if pearson went? after a cracking performance they will lose faith in the owners. If he goes i wont be down watching again thats for sure. When we get some luck we will finish top 3. now stop ****ing moaning and appreciate a good perfomance and manager when you see one! we have one of the best managers in the league and you want rid hahaha laughable.

Just to confirm, you do realise we lost 1-0 at home?

Played well for the majority of the game again not taking our chances or going close on too many occasions.

Its not the end of the world, thankfully the window will be open soon and we will bring in a couple... plus we are still 5th there is always 2nd spot if Cardiff start crawling away.

Morgan should stop looking for the long ball/pass and play it into the midfield, so many occasions where we just give away possession with this hopeless long ball I would also put Schlup at left back a lot more composure on the ball than Knocheky. Knockeart should be moved inside or behind the striker.

Overall we played well should, could have won but didn't due to either bad luck or poor finishing, keep Pearson bring in a couple in January and carry on, the wins will come.

Unlucky is being used far to often this season. You make your own luck.

18 shots with 13 on target and 6 corners and we still can't score, it's grim and is happening on a regular basis after dominating for large periods.

Our gung-ho tactic is are own worst enemy.

Bad result, know their top but their not great away from home.

As I said before the Barsnsley game, was always going to be a massive ask to continue our home form until the end of the season, there is always going to be the odd game like that where you don't get what you deserve. Need to start picking up more points on the road.

And as I've been saying since Beckford went we need a striker.

Archived