Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

calm down ...

The amount of negativity towards the teams and manager after yesterday is absolutely stupid, for goodness sake, nigel has done a good job since being here, and anyone wanting out clearly knows nothing about football, he did get it wrong yesterday but he's going to make mistakes its human, every team in the league at some point will dip in form, it happens, that's football, it seems no matter who is in charge at leicester, as soon as we dip in form the managers name is being talked about, when will people realise that you can't keep changing managers at championship level, just look at kenny jacket at millwall been there 5 years and there a very good championship team possibly looking at going up this season, if we were to sack him, where would that leave us? Exactly, were in our best position for years support the team and manager

... was it just a commercial?

I agree with you entirely, but I don't think there's too many people overreacting (though the booing was disgraceful.) A bit of stability will do us wonders I'm sure, even if we don't go up this year.

Stability is a good thing, of course. But there are many who would claim that it breeds success which isn't necessarily the case. People will point to Ferguson and Wenger whilst conveniently forgetting that Ferguson finished second in the league in his first full season and Wenger won the double in his. Both have long reigns because they earned them.

Stability is great of there are signs of improvement along with it. I would agree that under Pearson there have been signs of improvement but also that it isn't unreasonable to suggest that the improvement hasn't quite been big enough. The time to make that judgement properly will be in May. Stability for the sake of stability soon gives way to stagnation.

Stability is a good thing, of course. But there are many who would claim that it breeds success which isn't necessarily the case. People will point to Ferguson and Wenger whilst conveniently forgetting that Ferguson finished second in the league in his first full season and Wenger won the double in his. Both have long reigns because they earned them.

Stability is great of there are signs of improvement along with it. I would agree that under Pearson there have been signs of improvement but also that it isn't unreasonable to suggest that the improvement hasn't quite been big enough. The time to make that judgement properly will be in May. Stability for the sake of stability soon gives way to stagnation.

Spot on...

The consistency thing IMO is pretty much a non starter. Get the right man and I think he needs to be given time. Get the wrong un and the more time you give the worse you can become. Eg. Would Ipswich fans have wanted to stick any longer with Paul Jewell? Or the Florists with the 'Wally with the Brolley'. It's not about 'consistency' for me cos it can work both ways. It's about getting the right bloke in, give him time (how long is open to debate) and then seeing what happens. Ferguson is an enigma, a truly sensational manager. Wenger? Well many Arsenal fans would have wanted him out years ago if truth be told cos they haven't won ANYTHING for a long time.

I said two seasons for Pearson and stick with it. I didn't expect great things this season so if anything I think we ate doing better than I thought.

How dares you, these poeple who play,..... :xmasunsure: ...probably play football manager, know their shit and Nigel just does not listen to their words of wisdom if he visits here nor does he see the obvious, ( obvious to the football manager professional :xmasunsure: amatuers,) that he so readily should.

Now peeps are entitled to their opinions but these guys actually have more than an opinion, they have gaming knowledge and the peeps they complain to in the stands probably agree with them :thumbup:.

lol Sorry, could not help it lol

... was it just a commercial?

I agree with you entirely, but I don't think there's too many people overreacting (though the booing was disgraceful.) A bit of stability will do us wonders I'm sure, even if we don't go up this year.

The booing was a joke. I maintain we have the league's most arrogant fans.

I know it's banging on about them again but Palace v Huddersfield yesterday, 1-1 at full-time, could you imagine the reaction if we'd drawn 1-1 v Huddersfield? Boos all round. Palace still clapped the team off from the whistle.

The amount of negativity towards the teams and manager after yesterday is absolutely stupid, for goodness sake, nigel has done a good job since being here, and anyone wanting out clearly knows nothing about football, he did get it wrong yesterday but he's going to make mistakes its human, every team in the league at some point will dip in form, it happens, that's football, it seems no matter who is in charge at leicester, as soon as we dip in form the managers name is being talked about, when will people realise that you can't keep changing managers at championship level, just look at kenny jacket at millwall been there 5 years and there a very good championship team possibly looking at going up this season, if we were to sack him, where would that leave us? Exactly, were in our best position for years support the team and manager

I'm not calling for Pearson to be sacked I think he needs the whole season but with his stupid changes this season not playing Marko, Marshall or Danns and his shite interviews he does make it very hard for the fans to have confidence in him!

I'm calm and believe! i do think we'll struggle to get 1 point from the next two away games. Just because we're not good away. But i also feel nigel will have a couple of gems lined up in January that will kick start our season. I'm love Palacios and andros townsend! One problem i have is that i feel we need to adapt the 4-4-2 formation to accomadate marshall on the right and knockeart in the middle.

The booing was a joke. I maintain we have the league's most arrogant fans.

I know it's banging on about them again but Palace v Huddersfield yesterday, 1-1 at full-time, could you imagine the reaction if we'd drawn 1-1 v Huddersfield? Boos all round. Palace still clapped the team off from the whistle.

Might have had something to do with them having to play with 10 men for 80 minutes.

It's not at all "arrogant" for fans to complain about us being 10 points behind Cardiff and 7 points behind Hull.

No matter how the happy-clappies try to spin it, that is a record of abject under-achievement and should not be tolerated, let alone be celebrated, as is happening on here.

Might have had something to do with them having to play with 10 men for 80 minutes.

It's not at all "arrogant" for fans to complain about us being 10 points behind Cardiff and 7 points behind Hull.

No matter how the happy-clappies try to spin it, that is a record of abject under-achievement and should not be tolerated, let alone be celebrated, as is happening on here.

The run of form is very poor, I don't think anyone has denied that, I just don't think being 5th in the league half way through is any reason at all to be talking about sacking the manager.

Could you imagine if we'd gone onto Birmingham's message boards last year and they were calling for the manager out? You'd be crying of laughter at the spoilt cvnts.

Our fans are the most arrogant in the Championship, I challenge anyone to find me any fanbase in this league that thinks they are so deserving of instant success, I challenge anyone to find me a fanbase that boos the team off when they're 5th, every time they don't win.

If some fans had their way, we'd be Chelsea of the 2nd tier; the biggest joke club in the UK.

The run of form is very poor, I don't think anyone has denied that, I just don't think being 5th in the league half way through is any reason at all to be talking about sacking the manager.

Could you imagine if we'd gone onto Birmingham's message boards last year and they were calling for the manager out? You'd be crying of laughter at the spoilt cvnts.

Our fans are the most arrogant in the Championship, I challenge anyone to find me any fanbase in this league that thinks they are so deserving of instant success, I challenge anyone to find me a fanbase that boos the team off when they're 5th, every time they don't win.

If some fans had their way, we'd be Chelsea of the 2nd tier; the biggest joke club in the UK.

Was this the Birmingham that had the distraction of an Europa League campaign? Not a valid comparison at all. Especially as they had a new manager and were rebuilding their squad after relegation.

If success comes, which is highly unlikely as things stand (I wouldn't trust team or manager to do any better in the playoffs than the last time) it would hardly be described as "instant" This is the longest time in City history we've been outside the top flight. Many fans on here clearly consider the lower leagues to be our natural habitat. Just as well the Thai owners still have higher ambitions.

Every further season in the lower leagues will add at least £10m to the club's debts. That's not a healthy state of affairs especially with the FFP rules coming in. So a return to the top flight is needed sooner rather than later.

Do you seriously think it's acceptable for us to be so far behind Cardiff and Hull (two far smaller clubs) at this stage of the season?

It seems fashionable on this forum to celebrate under achievement - almost like it proves that you're the better fan.

I'm not suggesting sacking NP. Yet.

He has to stop the form of the last 11 games in his next 4 or 5 though, otherwise we'll have lost touch with automatics and that had to be our aim this season.

Its such a shame that our fans want instant success, most fans realise it takes time and don't want the manager sacked every time we lose a game, never used to be like this, must be the expectation

massive investment aimed at bringing success

What concerns me about Pearson is his lack of flexibility and tactically he seems a little poor. I don't think he should be sacked because its not going to do us any good to bring in a new manager at this point in the season. However even if we do make the playoffs or automatic spots I don't think he can give us any success in the Prem and I doubt the owners think he can either.

I think he made a couple of mistakes before the season started, by not having enough cover in defence and not another decent striker to help out Nugent. The chances that we keep creating and not taking proves my point with the strikers. I hope he corrects both of these problems in the transfer window then we have a real chance of promotion IMO. I really think Danns and Wellens should be given another oppurtunity too, just to give us a little steel in the midfield and a different option when we need it. I couldn't understand yesterday either why he replaced Dyer and Knockaert when we were flat in the 2nd half and continued to play the same system. Then towards the end of the game he pushed Morgan forward, surely Futacs would have been a better option with the two wingers and maybe Marshall in the game ?

Its such a shame that our fans want instant success, most fans realise it takes time and don't want the manager sacked every time we lose a game, never used to be like this, must be the expectation

Instant success? How long has it been since we were in the Premiership :P

Was this the Birmingham that had the distraction of an Europa League campaign? Not a valid comparison at all. Especially as they had a new manager and were rebuilding their squad after relegation.

If success comes, which is highly unlikely as things stand (I wouldn't trust team or manager to do any better in the playoffs than the last time) it would hardly be described as "instant" This is the longest time in City history we've been outside the top flight. Many fans on here clearly consider the lower leagues to be our natural habitat. Just as well the Thai owners still have higher ambitions.

Every further season in the lower leagues will add at least £10m to the club's debts. That's not a healthy state of affairs especially with the FFP rules coming in. So a return to the top flight is needed sooner rather than later.

Do you seriously think it's acceptable for us to be so far behind Cardiff and Hull (two far smaller clubs) at this stage of the season?

But why do people think changing the manager is the answer? We've under-achieved as a club for years and I actually think lack of stability is certainly the reason I'd pin most of this on. Why do people think if we change manager that everything is instantly sorted?

Pearson isn't perfect. He's been shown up a fair bit this month, but can anyone suggest anything better we can do than keep him now? Because I certainly can't.

Cardiff I couldn't care less about, I fail to take a club seriously that sells its own colour for investment and they're bound to succeed when they've spent a lot more than us this year (making Mackay's snipe at us utterly laughable) & Hull, as much as I dislike them, have done extremely well this year, but remind me who signed most of their team?

It's a frustrating time and Pearson's got to hold his hands up, but getting rid of him last time proved to be a total mistake and doing it again would be on a par. If we get rid of Pearson then I hope we're never in the top flight under KP.

After being given plenty of time to do so.

As a Hull fan who lives and works in Leicester I say have some faith in Nigel Pearson. I think some of you on here have unrealistic expectations of your team. The Championship is a very difficult league to get promoted from. You are in the top 6 at the halfway point and like about 8 other teams you have a good chance of going up. I don't think there is any exceptional team in the league and that includes Hull and Leicester. Although I would naturally like to see Hull win on Boxing Day it won't be a disaster if we didn't and the same applies to Leicester. Conversely if we do win it wouldn't make us an exceptional team nor Leicester if they won.

Just enjoy the ride, support your team and see where you end up

TR

Archived