Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Recent Form

Just been looking at a few form guides, interesting reading ...... .I'm not starting a NP out thread here either ....

We're 13th in these tables. From the last 6 games we've got 7 points - the same as Peterborough's haul.

http://www.football-...4~20127,00.html

http://www.footballf...er-championship

However you look at it this form can't continue. A loss in the tough away fixtures coming up and we really would be looking at around 10th in the table proper.

Whatever your view of NP nothing will change there in the next two games so how does he turn around the poor run and win those two??

No need for this thread mate is there?

We knew we've been on a bad run recently. For me, this is simply another 'rubbing everyone's faces in it' type thread.

And DOES kinda smack of a Pearson-out mentality. What is your real intention of starting this thread today?

We knew we've been on a bad run recently. For me, this is simply another 'rubbing everyone's faces in it' type thread.

And DOES kinda smack of a Pearson-out mentality. What is your real intention of starting this thread today?

I'd actually been looking at the form to see how we were fairing ..... And didn't see an obvious thread to put it in.

I should have known that despite the words "i'm not starting a NP out thread" I'd get accused of doing exactly that.

Will you only be happy when the forum is only accepting good news??? I was hoping for some rational debate about the next two games and how to get six points - but seems you'd rather bash the question asker like Mr Pearson than answer.

I'd actually been looking at the form to see how we were fairing ..... And didn't see an obvious thread to put it in.

I should have known that despite the words "i'm not starting a NP out thread" I'd get accused of doing exactly that.

Will you only be happy when the forum is only accepting good news??? I was hoping for some rational debate about the next two games and how to get six points - but seems you'd rather bash the question asker like Mr Pearson than answer.

Answer:

Have you read the Dull Scoreline prediction thread?

I think we'll lose 3-0 and can't give an answer as to how to avoid it.

Burnley... Stop Austin...

There ya go...

I still don't think that's why you started the thread.

:thumbup:

Answer:

Have you read the Dull Scoreline prediction thread?

I think we'll lose 3-0 and can't give an answer as to how to avoid it.

Burnley... Stop Austin...

There ya go...

I still don't think that's why you started the thread.

:thumbup:

You see that's much more negative than my question .... how do we win those games. .......

For me .......

Start Schlupp instead of Konch. Try to recreate the partnership that was ripping teams apart with Dyer.

Play one up front. Nugent.

Play one behind him. Marshall.

Drop drinkwater and start James or Lingarde.

But hey .... if you want to make every topic a NP out or in thread then you go ahead.

No need to slate the thread. Its actually poorer than it looks. We have a record of 3 wins 3 draws and 5 losses in the last 11. 12 points in 11 games.

This is relegation form and in my opinion other than the 5 wins in a row run we have been as average as we have been any season .

Desperate need to get at least 4 points out the next 2 away games.

Wouldn't have made much sense then to be fair.

So it only makes sense to talk about our form when we're doing shit and people can use it as a way to criticise the manager? Form is no indicator at all of where we'll be at the end of the season. If we're top of the form table, it doesn't mean we're gonna win the league, if we're bottom of the form table it doesn't mean we're gonna get relegated. Form is a snapshot of a few games at a certain point during the season. If we're in bad form it doesn't mean things will stay that way, if we're in good form there's no guarantee we'll keep winning either.

No need to slate the thread. Its actually poorer than it looks. We have a record of 3 wins 3 draws and 5 losses in the last 11. 12 points in 11 games.

This is relegation form and in my opinion other than the 5 wins in a row run we have been as average as we have been any season .

Desperate need to get at least 4 points out the next 2 away games.

So take away our 5 wins in a row and our results look average? Funny, that. If you take away all our losses then our form looks amazing!

I feel this is a fair thread, the idea is too see if anyone has an answer to why our form has been do poor over the last 10 or so games compared to the previous 10.

To my mind it is fairly obvious, we found ourselves top of the league and set out to 'defend' that position. We became more cautious, started to hold back our full backs, kept our wide men wide to cover defensively and 'keep our shape' and quickly found ourselves on the back foot.

I am not a great fan of our system, even when it works, but now it seems to be totally one dimensional and stale. On Saturday we started well enough but having given away a goal we had neither the energy or the invention to change the game. There was no inspiration either on or of the field of play, we simply had no idea how to turn it around against a decent team. I am not upset by the fact that we lost but by the fact that we had no idea how to compete once we went behind, second half in particular we never looked likely to get back into the game, that was disappointing.

So take away our 5 wins in a row and our results look average? Funny, that. If you take away all our losses then our form looks amazing!

The thing is why I dont agree form is important(over say 6 games max) because people have dips and highs etc. However 11 games(near 1/4 of a season) and were showing relegation form..thats quite a period of time to have a "blip".

We are simply not good enough in my opinion. OK yesterday first half we were a bit unlucky, but in the 2nd half(about 50th minute) I said to myself(we arnt going to create a chance here) and I was right..nothing offered. We looked awful, they just sat deep 11 men behind the ball, we huffed and puffed and they hit us on the counter. They played the positions and tactics, technically they could have been park football standard but it didnt matter because they knew where to position and we had no answers.

We are the type of team who will struggle to come from behind and at 0-0 we would nearly always have to score first to win. As say Cardiff for example, multiple times this season they have been jammy and came back with late winners etc = the sign of a team capable of promotion.

I personally think yesterdays 2nd half was the first time I genuinly think we wont make the playoffs..Hopefully the Jan transfers change it but as we are we will end up mid table.

Teams have worked out that if they camp we can't score. Our system reles on dyers pace and that knocky doesn't like physical games.

So guess what they camp behind the ball, double up on dyer and get physical on knocky. To try and use the space made by teams doubling up we throw more forward and then get smacked in the balls on the counter. Last 4 games have been the same.

To counter this? New system, fresh ideas, a new creatove midfielder in jan. we're predictable, we need to change something.

Teams have worked out that if they camp we can't score. Our system reles on dyers pace and that knocky doesn't like physical games.

So guess what they camp behind the ball, double up on dyer and get physical on knocky. To try and use the space made by teams doubling up we throw more forward and then get smacked in the balls on the counter. Last 4 games have been the same.

To counter this? New system, fresh ideas, a new creatove midfielder in jan. we're predictable, we need to change something.

I personally don't think it is Knockaert that teams target, but more so Drinkwater and King as they know them two won't mix it up when the going gets tough. We need a different dynamic in the centre of the park, as King and Drinkwater are too similar in the way that they play. This works well when teams allow us to play football but not so well when they're closed down quickly and given no time on the ball. I hate to say it as I'm a massive fan, but on recent form I feel King needs to be dropped as he's not offering enough either offensively nor defensively as he's being asked to do too much. If King is to remain then I think Nigel needs to sacrifice a striker and possibly play James to give Drinkwater and King the licence to roam.

Leicester play the classic 442 in a high tempo. If played well and executed right then this can be effective and can win you the majority of games.

However, in playing this you are relying on percentages ie. crosses being met, fast wing play etc...to do well in division I feel you have to moix it up a bit and try use the individual talent in Knockaert and Marshall to maybe play through the middle.

Whatever your view of NP nothing will change there in the next two games so how does he turn around the poor run and win those two??

You are right, nothing much will change in players or formation for the next couple of games.

How do we turn it round, well against Cardiff we more than held our own, so we have nothing to fear. Form can turn sometimes without doing anything, an early goal, a striker hitting form etc. Early in the season people lambasted Pearson for a poor start, but our form turned without anything major being done and we hit the top of the table.

Until we get players in to fix the obvious holes then that's what we are going to rely on I think. I can't see Pearson suddenly ripping up his plans/formations etc as it's not really served us that badly. With a bit more up front and a bit more of a physical edge I think we know we could be in a much better position that we are.

Bit harsh!

Not that I expect anybody to take any notice but I think the OP is dead right.

Looking at the trend of how things are going, including our recent form, it is clear that the status quo isn't good enough. Something has to change or we are going to sink into mid-table and we will all be lamenting another wasted season.

The most drastic change would be a change of manager. I'm not saying I want that...yet. A totally reasonable change would be in the starting line up. It seems to me that we have options there but are reluctant to use them. The change could come from a bit of luck, someone hitting form or some other such intangible.

I personally don't want to rely on things just changing, I want there to be action to change it.

We are averaging 1.6 points per game which is 5th-8th position form, to get in the 3rd and 4th position form we need to average 1.8 points per game.

Automatic promotion is 2 point per game ( in some cases 1.9 points per game is sufficient) if we want to averga 2 points per game this requires us to go on a 11 game winning run from here on now just to average 2 points per game!

Archived