Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Worst Starting XI

Andy Impey was a good player, as was Frank Sinclair, can't believe two of our Premiership quality players have even been suggested.

Also, it's a little unfair if you're going to include players in positions they never played in for the club (Wise never played up front, Impey never a full back, McGivern was a left back.)

Off the top of my head:

1. Kevin Pressman

2. Alan Maybury

3. Ryan McGivern

4. Martin Keown

5. Nikos Dabizas

6. Junior Lewis

7. Ryan Smith

8. Gareth Williams

11. Need some help on this one, only had two genuine left wingers in my time and Gups and Dyer both strong servants of the club. Anyone else who has played their has either vanished from my memory or was being played out of position in the first place.

9. Ade Akinbiyi

10. Trevor Benjamin

Subs: Douglas, Watts, Hughes, Sylla, Hammond

The darkest days have clearly been the Taylor, Levein and Kelly years

Andy Impey was a good player, as was Frank Sinclair, can't believe two of our Premiership quality players have even been suggested.

Also, it's a little unfair if you're going to include players in positions they never played in for the club (Wise never played up front, Impey never a full back, McGivern was a left back.)

Off the top of my head:

1. Kevin Pressman

2. Alan Maybury

3. Ryan McGivern

4. Martin Keown

5. Nikos Dabizas

6. Junior Lewis

7. Ryan Smith

8. Gareth Williams

11. Need some help on this one, only had two genuine left wingers in my time and Gups and Dyer both strong servants of the club. Anyone else who has played their has either vanished from my memory or was being played out of position in the first place.

9. Ade Akinbiyi

10. Trevor Benjamin

Jesus this is a depressing thread.

My first City game was 1994 so can only really comment post-Little and, even then, can't give a fair assessment until Taylor. I see that most of this list has played for the club in the past fifteen years.

Older guys, is this just rose tinted glasses and a message board with a young readership, or has the last decade been the worst in our history?

Cannot believe no one has mentioned zelco spider Kalac easily the worst goalkeeper we have ever had, anyone go to the WBA game when we were 3 up at half time before spider threw a couple into his own net. Then followed that up by doing the same again agaist Bolton in the cup.

Kalac

Rodgers

Willis

Carey

Lamely

Momo

Marshall

Lewis

Philpot

Akinbadbye

Hayles

Subs

Williams, Stewart, Moreno, Hellings, Mcgivern, Blake, Logan (well it wouldn't be a Leicester team if Logan wasn't keeping the bench warm)

Manager Taylor not so well assisted by David Pleat

Peter Taylor. End of.

This. At least neither Pleat nor Holloway sent us into administration (and nearly to the wall) through spending more money than the club has ever had on absolute shite.

Ollie should get an honourable mention for doing something else no Leicester manager has done before though.

On topic:

GK: Nielsen

RB: Canero

CB: Carey

CB: Mills

LB: McGivern

RM: Low

CM: Benjamin

CM: Lasczko/Bori (choose which of 'em you want)

LM: Marshall

ST: Panicbiyi

ST: Bednar

Off the top of my head:

1. Kevin Pressman

2. Alan Maybury

3. Ryan McGivern

4. Martin Keown

5. Nikos Dabizas

6. Junior Lewis

7. Ryan Smith

8. Gareth Williams

9. Ade Akinbiyi

10. Trevor Benjamin

I once flew to the Algarve will my Missis at the time. On the same flight were Micky Adams City side. It was grand cos they were all there.

I was sitting not far away from Trev Benjamin who was watching a DVD on his laptop. I kid you not, the lad had to keep squinting at the screen to focus on what he was watching. He didn't seem to have very good eyesight.

I turned round to the Missis and she looked over at him and we both had to stifle a big giggle...

lol

roger davies back in the seventies. came with a massive rep from direby after scoring a handful in europe. albeit against woeful opposition. Couldnt net for us to save his life. was partnered up front by the equally bad geoff salmon

Posted this earlier nice someone else suffered his shocking performances! can't remember the match but he miraculously missed one more or less on the goal line middle of goal, unreal :P

Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Morgan ©, Marshall, Dyer, James, Moore, Knockaert, Nugent.

subs: King, Logan, Waghorn, Keane, Gallagher, Schlupp, Futacs.

:xmastongue:

Cannot believe no one has mentioned zelco spider Kalac easily the worst goalkeeper we have ever had, anyone go to the WBA game when we were 3 up at half time before spider threw a couple into his own net. Then followed that up by doing the same again agaist Bolton in the cup.

Kalac

Rodgers

Willis

Carey

Lamely

Momo

Marshall

Lewis

Philpot

Akinbadbye

Hayles

Subs

Williams, Stewart, Moreno, Hellings, Mcgivern, Blake, Logan (well it wouldn't be a Leicester team if Logan wasn't keeping the bench warm)

Manager Taylor not so well assisted by David Pleat

phillpot?

Not a world beater by any stretch but not a terrible player either ;dchnliwejunclieubfrcilobfoiubfroiwuebfroiunugent just scores yes! sorry

Posted this earlier nice someone else suffered his shocking performances! can't remember the match but he miraculously missed one more or less on the goal line middle of goal, unreal :P

Leeds i think,

We seem to be forgetting David Webb (needlessly handled) Geordie Armstrong who looked well into his fifties when he joined us and Ricky Hill

Mark Blake ? Worst 11. No way jose. Did you never see colin gordon ? Mark robins ?

Robins certainly wasnt among our worst ever. Seem to remember him coming on and scoring some important goals. If i may weigh in with Roberto Mancini? He did fook all in a Leicester shirt.

I swear the people who have picked Sinclair as one of our worst players ever are on drugs or something..

Either that or they have seen a 20 second clip on the couple of own goals he scored...

He was vital to that Defence because he provided the pace to compensate for Elliott and Taggart.

The problem with this thread is that its not really worst players but players who underperformed for us because some of the suggestions are ridiculous.

Archived