Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Cardiff Away

We only took 1900. Away end is about 2000.

Did we? Really? I was bladdered that night, but it looked a hell of a lot more than 2k.

I'm amazed if that was the case, particularly so with the amount of noise we made that night (which put the Norwich cup tie in the shade for those that didn't go Cardiff but went Norwich)

We were only given 2000 tickets for the tie in Cardiff, and they were only given 2000 for our place.

That was the agreement between all clubs in the play-offs that season.

Leicester City have today confirmed that they have received an allocation of 2,000 tickets for the play-off semi-final 2ndleg against Cardiff City (Wednesday May 12, 7.45pm kick-off).

Id like to think so.

Im as suprised by this as am the Boro thread.

What if our whole season hinges on getting a result there, and to do so required our end rocking spurring the lads on, but because its Blackpool away soon after (which is well overrated) we forfeit a chance of winning there.

I bet you some would be swayed by the idea of staying in and watching the champions league as well

Blackpool away's class IMO.

It's gonna be an expensive month.

Cardiff gave us about 2,000 which I think we only just sold out, we gave them 2,000 initially which they sold instantly and we gave them another 1,200 because we failed to sell our home allocation.

Pretty shocking when you put it that way. I'll never ever get my head round the fact we got 30k for a meaningless game v Middlesbrough a week before 29k in the play-offs for Cardiff.

Cardiff gave us about 2,000 which I think we only just sold out, we gave them 2,000 initially which they sold instantly and we gave them another 1,200 because we failed to sell our home allocation.

Pretty shocking when you put it that way. I'll never ever get my head round the fact we got 30k for a meaningless game v Middlesbrough a week before 29k in the play-offs for Cardiff.

Television.

Blackpool away's class IMO.

It's gonna be an expensive month.

I have to concur, don't know how Stu can say Blackpool is overrated. Our trip there in the play off season was imo the best league away day in the last few seasons, no doubt.

Fair f'ucks to those who can make these 100 mile midweek trips but I prefer to save my holiday for actual holidays. Anything over 1k on any midweek is a great showing.

And that comment about half term 'we should sell out', incredible. Is this site popualted by purely teachers or under 16's these days or something?

I have to concur, don't know how Stu can say Blackpool is overrated. Our trip there in the play off season was imo the best league away day in the last few seasons, no doubt.

I was there that day. Good place for football. I just dont think the night out is that good. Far better places to go instead of the cliched venues

We had to give them the extra 1,200 due to police advise they didn't want the away end split with netting. Safer to have the segregation where it normally is with a line of coppers down it.

I prefer to save my holiday for actual holidays.

Or the actual play-offs.

At the moment we're looking at a long trip to Brighton, a scramble for tickets for Watford or a very hairy trip at Millwall (but would be an excellent atmosphere) in mid-May.

Albiet, as it stands we'd also be away at the weekend.

Part of me thinks it's wrong (modern football etc) but my wallet wants to thank Cardiff for the family pricing, £23 for me and the lad in the "family" area and honourable mention for our hard working teachers with great timing for having another week off six weeks after two weeks off :P

Sounds that way. Looked at my playoff ticket and i was row v which was the row directly above the ambulance entrance so s is lower than that

Will probably move anyway, wouldn't have thought we'd sell out. That's the one plus of not having a full away end, you can shift out of a sh*t seat if you need to. :D

Archived