Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Cardiff Away

This is laughable lol it doesn't make a huge difference to me but where is the consideration for fans who are staying over? etc..

I don't get how they didn't just make this the date from the start?

Tell you what I find seriously bizarre. The fact they've moved this on the grounds of "fixture backlog", even though it means we'll be playing FIVE straight Tuesday's now, how does that make any sense?

Aye, me and GoddyFox will be heading down from Scotland for this one, as its now in the Easter holidays.

Trains and Premier Inn both booked, and match tickets arrived on Saturday.

My lad's at school in Cambs, and they're off the two weeks after the Easter weekend, so Cardiff game's now in second week of his hols.

Feckin wank€rs!

£133.45 pissed down the drain!!

I don't get how they didn't just make this the date from the start?

It's to do with Barnsley progressing the FA Cup, Cardiff were meant to be playing them on the 9th March but Barnsley are now playing Man City on that date.

I think the fixture congestion reason they've given is to do with us having to play 3 away games in a row if we played Cardiff on 9th April. Cardiff themselves have said they didn't want to play "6 home games in quick succession" in order to boost attendances.

Feckin wank€rs!

£133.45 pissed down the drain!!

Is this on hotel fees? I find it pretty appalling when tickets are sold for a match and then the fixture is moved, selling a ticket sends out the message that the date has been set. Changing it after that just isn't right.

To be honest I've heard a lot of people complain about losing money on hotel fees, sounds like a bit of a risk.

Is this on hotel fees? I find it pretty appalling when tickets are sold for a match and then the fixture is moved, selling a ticket sends out the message that the date has been set. Changing it after that just isn't right.

To be honest I've heard a lot of people complain about losing money on hotel fees, sounds like a bit of a risk.

A mixture of train and hotel costs. I live in Fife, so am used to expense just to get to home games. I don't normally do away games, but after all the buggering about with this tie already I thought the April date was reasonable safe, as we were both out of the cup, and we had an endless stream of midweek dates over the next month. So I went ahead and booked to go down on the train, and got tickets for just over £30 quid each way, which is pretty reasonable from Scotland. However to get rates like that you have to get non refundable advance tickets. Same applies for the best rates at the likes of premier inn, so no refund likely there.

So now I either waste 2 days off work, and go to Cardiff for one night and take the lad to see a movie or something, ....or lose the money, and put it down to experience!

They should've moved the Barnsley/Cardiff game to March 12th then.

It's poor that they don't plan these things, they fail to consider the consequences and moving these games isn't a small deal either - just look at that bloke above who's now lost over £100 because of their shit planning, and I know 1964FOX has already had to re-book the hotel once and now he's got to again. It's just inconvenience down to nothing other than shite planning.

Archived