Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

Spirit of nigel and the players

After the two defeats before these two away games it would have been very easy for the players just to go on a losing run and lose touch with the teams above, 4 points from two tough away games I think is very impressive given our run before, it shows how close the group is which is something we've not had for a long time, it will be vital this season. Full credit to nigel and players :D

Well said loverman. The spirit has been clear at nearly every home game and even the so called fringe players are are clearly part of it all. Could be to do with not having seven feken loanees on the pitch, like we did under Sven.

When Futacs (I guess you could describe him as a fringe player) scored against Ipswich, Knockaert, who'd already been subbed off, ran the length of the pitch to the corner to celebrate the big man's goal with everybody else. Those things are spontaneous and tell you everything you need to know.

Yeah, good post. I agree. I am under the impression that Nigel has created a unit/togetherness. I think he did the last time he was here as well. A sprit within the team is always great to see. Onwards and upwards.

Our players are professional sportsmen and much better at handling disappointment than us mere mortals.

So...usually patient me was getting a bit fed up after we lost to Cardiff. I was fed up of seeing us have chances go begging and then conceding unlikely goals. Until we got a good point at Hull I was a bit fed up with the whole thing.

The players however probably put it out of their minds straight away. Once the game is lost the professional thing to do is not dwell on it but rather to concentrate on the next game.

Also, when things haven't gone our way in games, when many fans are leaving, complaining, shouting abuse or getting their booing voices oiled up, the players are still plugging away, trying to rescue something from the game.

My point is, if the fans actually played the game then I think we would do pretty terribly, not because we lack the skill or experience, but because we are mentally ill prepared for the demands of professional football.

My point is, if the fans actually played the game then I think we would do pretty terribly, not because we lack the skill or experience, but because we are mentally ill prepared for the demands of professional football.

Shock horror fans get over excited and bitterly disappointed

But they don't have to go into work and have the piss taken out of them do they !!!

Archived